Reddit is an echo chamber shithole

Reddit is an echo chamber shithole

Attached: Screenshot_20190317-150603.png (1440x1486, 649K)

Other urls found in this thread:

congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-resolution/41/text
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>being outraged on social media vs guns

Attached: 1552770146789.jpg (548x273, 51K)

So is Jow Forums.

Protest signs can’t stop bullets

higher res, whoops

Attached: d2h0821ghd210.png (698x361, 43K)

They’re not wrong.

Fuck white supremacy. You are NOT fuckin superior to us black people

Attached: 7F67FB16-1B78-47EE-81D2-11C915363C72.jpg (600x600, 184K)

We have forbidden knowledge here

The first comma is used improperly.

Black "people" is an oxymoron. You subhumans don't deserve to be called people.

That doesn't make any less correct. We kick around different knowledge, but it's an echochamber and definitely a shithole now.

Attached: 1541507915229.jpg (1028x543, 44K)

no shit newfag

Attached: sage.jpg (275x183, 8K)

>a loosely defined ideology is a group
>but #notallmsulims

no

History says otherwise

Attached: slavechains.jpg (344x437, 44K)

We kick around different knowledge as well as knowledge safe for normie consumption. We are clearly on a higher tier of discourse

Is that a threat?
Why hasn't reddit taken this down yet? Can you imagine if a right leaning reddit page would say something like that, specially now.

Define echochamber.

yes it is

Sorry for the low quality should still he readable though

Attached: 8c48858.png (347x303, 172K)

why the traffic cones? is this supposed to be some kind of sick burn? lol

Why?

I wont disagree with that statement, but that wasn't the original argument.
Anons shouldn't be too beat up that this place is an echochamber. It is only slightly better because it is constantly raided by people diametrically opposed to us. Most social media has become echo chambers.
A place where the same information or style of is pushed around and the majority of the users eat it up. And I am not talking about facts being posted. Those should be consistent. I mean the response to those facts.

So what about all the left-wing shills who make shitty bait threads on this board?

It's really not
We've got Yang threads and Trump threads and 1488 thread and lolberg threads
I like capeshit and vidya and zoomer memes more than most people here and rarely get shit for it.

huh, why aren't they reacting like this? Very interesting.

Attached: 1552634917091.jpg (640x484, 43K)

"its time to attack islam for the terror groups (plural) they inspire"

Attached: Well.jpg (245x181, 12K)

>A place where the same information or style of is pushed around and the majority of the users eat it up

That's a poor definition. You can have a 51-49% split and according to it a place is an echo chamber.

Act like terrorists and you will be called terrorists you fucking idiots.

isn't that literally what Tarrant's manifesto said, except about islam? I mean if we're gonna argue about who the definition better applies to, they're gonna have a bad time

Yes. You are correct. I'd meant a 2/3rds or greater style majority, not a simple majority.

the difference being, that controversial posts that is against what most people think here get a ton of replies so they have better visibility
whereas on redd*t they get drowned out using thr karma system
so you kinda subconsciously start posting popular opinions on reddit and controversial opinions on Jow Forums

nobody gets banned here for being lefty. fuck off boomer, its political incorrect not political agenda. slit your throat open :)

As much as I hate you niggers, I hate the left even more. Hopefully the USA sinks soon, it's an empire of evil and the cancer of the planet.

Was he a white supremacist yes or no ?

Attached: 1552779210195.png (646x985, 941K)

>time to attack white nationalism
yes, please do.

Attached: 1528326374356.jpg (640x638, 48K)

You don't need institutional punishment to have an echochamber. You can have cultural mores and extreme hostility which deters people from expressing their opinion. While that shouldn't be a concern for true channer, I have no clue what percentage of the current population that is.

>White Nationalists are not considered a terrorists

remember that part where white people enslaved blacks and only let them go because the white people themselves decided not to keep them as slaves anymore?

What does that say about your race when its biggest accomplishment is not being slaves?

bait. niggers too low iq to figure out the internet besides twitter

But 1/3 is still a sizeable dissent that can very easily influence the discussion and shift the opinion in their favor if they're making a good case

lul plebbit is NPC cancer, just a bunch of normal fag drones on that site

I can see that argument. So let me ask you, if you find my definition at all workable, what percentage of the majority would qualify as an echochamber for you?

So is this place op

Attached: 1538686027312.jpg (708x399, 29K)

Yeah nah
>say something controversial on Jow Forums
>post says exactly where it is

>say something controversial on reddit
>post gets downvoted and hidden

based

unbased

And if given the same structure, do you think Jow Forumsacks would do anything different?
>say something controversial on reddit
>post gets downvoted and hidden
That comes from pettiness and I don't think many anons are above being very petty.

Yeah, user, what can you do?

Attached: D26A6DD9-A0F9-4EF7-AD9D-0C4F9455E271.jpg (768x768, 51K)

>b-but you would be just as bad as reddit if you used their retarded echo chamber system
Thanks for stating the obvious.

"Whereas the same 2006 FBI intelligence assessment defined a White nationalist as follows: “To be a white nationalist is to be pro-white. The domestic white nationalist movement seeks to promote, honor, and defend the white race.""

congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-resolution/41/text

So according to reddit, and our government, defending, honoring or promoting the White race is terrorism?

Tell me again why we shouldn't be violently reacting to these racist tyrants?

>Black
>Posts Alita
Muh Nigga got good taste

Attached: 1528935042226.jpg (800x669, 140K)

i think to be an echo chamber you need an authority that actively stifles dissent such as people being banned or having their posts deleted for having the wrong opinions.

So you agree they are petty on the same level. I submit to you the idea that there is more than one way to skin a cat. In this case that means suppress an opinion.
Also thanks for showing a stunning lack of civility.

hey dipshit, will you get banned for supporting stalin or hitler here?

what about plebbit?

And you would be correct

But doesn't that confine the definition to just be something that can be done online? Can't echochambers form in groups of friends where there is no internal central system to moderate them?

>if you find my definition at all workable

I don't, becasue ultimately any value I choose will be arbitrary, so I think that a persisting effort to purge dissent is necessary part of the definition because it's something far more tangible. I'd say the existence of majority consensus is not enough.

Reddit mods remove posts with the 'wrong' opinion everyday

Then you should of stated that from the get go and not had us waste time.

>look guys another meme flaggot sharing the lame mememifesto
gee who would have thought. let me guess we'll see this post you made screen capped by yourself when you post your click bait huffpost or buzzfeed article later this week about the chan boogie man

do you post to fit in? if not then you are good, what's the matter john, don't know whos ass to kiss now?

Bullshit. Stupid monkey. Your only "dad" that can support you is da gubbament.

Attached: gibs me dat.jpg (1419x1147, 341K)

No, there is always an Alpha in a group who will shun and have everyone disassociate with the person, or people, with differing views.

Not just an online thing.

>channer
anyone who uses that word is a post election faggot who should become an hero

>dailybeast

Attached: #resistance.jpg (520x520, 70K)

I don't. I post to have worthwhile discussion. Your hostility shows you will provide anything but that.

>So you agree they are petty on the same level.
No, we're much better than you, plebbitor.

>Also thanks for showing a stunning lack of civility.
You fucking wish you could downvote my posts right now, an I right plebbitor?

>But doesn't that confine the definition to just be something that can be done online?
no, it can and does happen in politics. it's just harder to accomplish in a democracy since there is no central authority. mob rule can breed echo chambers though.

>inhales
do you even realize the irony of your very own post?
the mere fact that you are free to voice your opinion literally proofs the opposite
the worst that can happen here is that we bombard you with image macros
which will have no impact on your "reputation" the next time you post in a different thread
meanwhile on leddit you would've been downvoted til your post becomes invisible and eventually removed by a mod for wrong-thinking

Attached: 1550434897937.png (700x700, 615K)

Can't counter my point then, can you?

No I just wish you understood that hostility does nothing to change the your facts and now inconsistencies. You agreed with me at first and now you disagree on the pettiness factor. Please be consistent.

Why are they making VLC a hate symbol

This entire website has always been extremely hostile to everyone, even its own users. Also by your own standards, every part of the internet is an echo chamber.

And so are most groups of friends

Attached: 1492488428100.webm (854x480, 417K)

>>inhales
posting as if you're on plebbit you fucking loser kys even if you were just trying to be ironic

Drop more honks germanbro

Also the only way reddit is moderately tolerable is to delete all your posts every few days or so, otherwise you'll get leftist faggots checking them to change the subject and attack you with ad hominems. Even facebook is better in that regard

I don't know if you noticed, but I have a lot of replies and I'm trying to get to them all.
I accept the premise that an Alpha can do this, but I'd like to know the data you have for asserting alphas always form. In a survival sense it was necessary, in a social sense it is not.

Stop trying to control others.

Except dissenting opinions here aren't downvoted to obscurity and outright censored/banned.
They just have to deal with the shitposting as with any other opinion.

Attached: chad.jpg (688x458, 188K)

Except that Jow Forums is an echo chamber. The only major difference is that you don't get banned.

>and extreme hostility which deters people from expressing their opinion.
wrong the extreme hostility weeds out homos like you

>Please be consistent

Attached: 1552574885985.png (753x960, 29K)

don't honk me because i am beautiful

Attached: 608rwynw0uf21.jpg (768x768, 66K)

Hans, why is it always Germans posting the clown Apu, what did I miss?

I believe I said as much here > Most social media has become echo chambers.

>if you have an opinion you're an echo chamber

>sudden influx of faggots saying DON'T READ THE MANIFESTO
Hmm, totally a coincidence, I'm sure.

The time to act is upon us boys.

They won’t see it coming if we do it in large enough numbers.

And yet I am still here replying.

i think everything is these days.

Then it's not an echo chamber you retarded memeflag.
Jow Forums might have a sort of consensus of opinion most anons agree with, but there's no mandate saying "agree with this or GTFO"

let them come

Attached: youre here forever youre hee forever.jpg (946x459, 177K)

kill yourself

Attached: 1550560968977.gif (182x325, 3.93M)

We’ve been called all sorts of terrible things over the last decade.

Terrorist doesn’t bother me anymore.

if you wanna honk post let the honking commence

Attached: 4695998115honkler.png (500x684, 162K)

You know, nails being ripped off are the one thing that I thought still got to me but that wasn't bad at all.

2pbp