Thinking about launching into my rap hobby and uploading to SoundCloud...

Thinking about launching into my rap hobby and uploading to SoundCloud. Should I go for being a lyrically deep rapper like J.Cole and Collaborate, or should I just go for the more common approach and rap like Comethazine and Lil Pump?
Or would it be possible to be a combination of the lyrical styles?
BTW I'm a 26yo so do you think people would hate on me like Kid Buu[the rapper not the DBZ villain]?

Attached: 20190313_185256.png (1920x1920, 862K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-430407812/if-youre-reading-this-you-lost-the-game
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You should rap yourself in cellophane and roll off a high cliff. :)

>You should rap yourself in cellophane and roll off a high cliff. :)

Do you think it'd help me get clout?

96% Deep lyrics and the 4% is mainstream common stuff man

Honestly Tay-K and Comethazine got a really good flow

Fellow musician/artist here.

Don't try to be the next This or the next That. Be the next you.

Even if you don't dominate the Billboard charts, you can at least find a niche audience that wouldn't listen to Top 40 music in the first place.

What are some of the sounds you're used to listening to. Do you enjoy trap beats? Do you enjoy rap that has the jazz in the background? Implement something you like and make it yours.

Hmm...I'll keep this in mind. I guess it couldn't hurt to just do whatever until it evolves into my own personal style

I listen to some of everything from 1940s Cool Jazz to Phonk to Bedroom pop [ I also DJ and produce in FL ].

>Hmm...I'll keep this in mind. I guess it couldn't hurt to just do whatever until it evolves into my own personal style

Exactly. As cliche as it is, literally just be yourself.

People can hear when someone is being fake, just look at how eggman's aka eggwhite's career took off right into a dumpster

Sup 2duiguy.

Who?

Touring musician here. The music industry is not about music quality. The music industry is not about how skilled you are at your craft or how good your songs are. Success in the music industry is about two things; imaging and performance. Without a good image and without a good performance presence you will get absolutely nowhere. People no longer invest into music, they invest into artists. They want the imagery. They want a persona. Having a good product, of course, can be helpful but the thing is that having access to a good producer and a good studio can fix any kind poor quality. Lil Pump is a great example. His audio quality and over song structures were horrendous. Half of his tracks were unmastered and his 808s clipped and distorted. He couldn't rap on time and whoever made his beats didn't know the first thing about mixing. Regardless, he was a commodity. People liked his image. He was a product that could be sold. The point of my story is that you need to build an image that people will pay attention to. Once people are paying attention to you the style of your hip hop is rather irrelevant. Sad kid/drug addict/romanticizing mental illness themes are popular these days but, honestly, it doesn't matter.

> Sad kid/drug addict/romanticizing mental illness themes are popular these days
I never thought I'd say this unironically but... Kids these days.

Attached: Coin Dispenser Belt.jpg (852x480, 47K)

People like it. I have no idea why. I have no clue where anybody got the idea that being mentally ill was like a cool thing to aspire to. It just is what it is. There is a niche music culture for everything and every few years they all take turns being the newest, hottest thing. Remember when people thought fucking grunge was cool? In a few years it'll be something different.

Yo this is some good advice, thanks man.

Be lyrical. The Lil Pump era of rap is dying.

Music is one field where you unironically have to just bee yourself. Do whatever you enjoy, and dabble in different things you like. Ultimately, if it sounds good/interesting/catchy/intelligent, you're doing something right.

Dude try and make it like Emily Dickinson’s hooked on K-pins whoring herself out to the universe and your rhymes are fucking bastards with sharks for arms, teeth on the feet, teeth for penises, and an electric cunt which envelops prey like the lylaks in Zelda 64.

There's a high probability you've got zero talent, or worse. I'd bet on worse myself

Dude show us what you got. Post some lines. Give us a few samples and examples of what you’re thinking.

Honest question: Why do you want to be a rapper if you don't actually have a style, or a creative interest of any kind? Like, if you have to ask complete strangers "what kind of rapper should I be?" then why the fuck are you doing this? Have you ever even written a song?

>lyrically deep like J. Cole
Lmao, J. Cole is one of the most fake deep rappers making music right now

It's weird. When I think of deep rappers I tend to think more along the lines of Lupe Fiasco. When people who have been into rap longer than me think of deep rap vs popular rap they talk about the gap between NWA and Public Enemy.

Do what feels right to you for you.

Step back smoke crack
I’m white like the crust on her ass crack
Her ass is like apples like cherries Rick perry couldn’t smack that
And if you dis me I’m get some acid and go blast that
Keep yo mama in my basement for years treated like cattle
Milk her tears for my fish tank and piss napalm on her milk bank
She’s sitting by my toy trains
My hobby is collection, I excel with anal inspection, introspection, unstoppable erection
This is the lexicon of me and I’m deep as can be
Like the wide blue sea
I got big rap star dreams
and I make yo girl scream
“Big money,” that’s me
I am the real big money
The Sleazy Sleaze
Syphilitic Sneaze they call me
Baby back ripper
With two glocks and a .45
Pointed right at you dick
I’m a really nice guy if you get to know me but I guess you’ll never get to know me
Uh, uh, I’ll be your crusty daddy
Apologies I’m sappy, just don’t call me scrappy just cause I do and I do
Like scrappy doo
I’ll make you happy
You can call me daddy
Yo, big money checking out,
live fast, holler, shout.

>>lyrically deep like J. Cole
>Lmao, J. Cole is one of the most fake deep rappers making music right now

Yeah, I know a bunch of underground rappers that can rap circles around Cole, but he's one of the deepest on radio so I mentioned him.

Bro we should collab

Shit dog, for real?

I’ve decided to change my catch phrase to “Live fast, holla, fuck, shout.”

Made a few songs for shots and giggles back in the day, but lately when I rap I keep flipfloppin from fake-woke to mumbling drug rap. Since Jow Forums is always brutally honest I figured I could get y'alls take on what I should do for the masses

"I'll be your crusty daddy."
made me smile user.

Try to say something you genuinely feel, try to make something that you would genuinely like to listen to if someone else made it. Don't try to guess what other people will like - trust your own taste. If you genuinely feel it, other people will too.

Bet bro let's make a track

Heres my old soundcloud account where I made joke songs

soundcloud.com/user-430407812/if-youre-reading-this-you-lost-the-game

I generally feel pretty empty inside and bored, but fuck it. I'll try and find a way to flip the mundane into something entertaining. Something like a satirical social commentary style of rap

Almost fucking 30 and wants to rap, to late mane by the time u become known ur already in ur 30s no one wants to see an adult grow. I think the cut off to start is 21

I don't really think asking what art you seek to create is a good starting point

But what about 2chainz and Ricky Ross? Danny Brown? Tech N9ne? Eminem? Jay-Z? Childish Gambino? Macklemore?