Where to meet someone

25 F. Wholesome. I never really hit it off with any men from college. Everyone at work is married. All of my hobbies are girly so the few meetups and classes I take are all women. I dont drink or smoke so bars are off the table. I'm not religious. I really want to meet someone in person and have the relationship develop organically. Theres something so mechanical about online dating that makes me completely turned off. I just feel like another number. Any ideas? My bestie wants to do speed dating with me this week, but the idea really turns my stomach. Any ideas? I thought about taking up a more diverse sport or hobby. I'm always up to learning new skills!

Attached: i-miss-the-old-days-of-just-organically-meeting-people-23304995.png (500x608, 136K)

You must be an unfuckable hambeast if you're 25 and not a single guy has approached you so far

>I dont drink or smoke so bars are off the table
Clubs aren't, and most hold socializing events too. No need to drink at them either.

Solid advice user, solid

It's more of a hook up thing, right? I honestly have no clue haha but thank you. I forgot this was an option

It doesn't have to be if you turn down the ones that only want to fuck and not date.

Thank you

well I mean you could always post online and wait for someone to beg. I'm too young for you, but you seem sweet. What are your hobbies? how have you been with guys in the past?

oh, and and absolutely do not listen to anything that trip says, she says herself that she is incompatible with monogamy, has many lovers currently, and is pretty much insane.

My hobbies are knitting, sewing, doll painting, cooking. Mostly art and crafts. I like making stuff. I'm really just a homebody. I used to play a lot of pc games in my teens- I had an online thing briefly (17-22) but we never met. Just played games together. Since college I haven't played anything. Other than that, nothing really. Lol. I was asked out in college by a sweet guy (but turned him down bc I believed I'd meet the guy online eventually). I also went on a date last year with someone I met online. But nothing ever came of it.

Ouch! I dont think I'm that bad haha

>I had an online thing briefly (17-22
can you really call 5 years brief?
why didn't you meet up with him?
If you still tolerate video games you could try that.
other than that you seem great, I would definitely try begging if I were a few years older.

Dudes in here can't concieve of the fact that some woman are single without having any attractiveness issues, but insist that men are completely blameless victims of the system.

For what it's worth, I'm 24 and kinda in the same boat. I feel lonely, but I'm kinda trapped at home most of my time by my own anxiety, so meeting guys outside of work seems like an unlikely proposition.

>Wholesome
What does this mean? Fat?

Ok, first of all where are you from? The issue is most of the time advice given on this board wont work in different countries. I understand itis mostly USA based but still..

Except for the obvious plea of "be my gf", the actual suggestion i can give you is pick up an outdoors hobby. Tracking and/or camping specially. First of all it is a hobby which is healthy for you, secondly it is somewhat known as "decent meetup hobby" as in people who do it in general are alright people, since it requires a heavier investment than bars or clubs so if you want to play the odds you dont do these stuff.

If you want to do a more indoor hobby i can suggest miniature painting. It is something which mostly guys do, and some are literal neckbeards but you might effectively have pick of the litter so to speak. And you might like it since well you already do doll painting. Also it is a nice thing to do..
Somewhat feel sorry for that guy to be honest, since it is not like he could have just unmeet you and started an online thing..

This guy somewhat has a point, giff BMI !?!

What is your job?

And why do you feel trapped at home, cant you just find a decent recreational activity? I dont mean it in a snarky way, genuinely asking.

I work in an office doing translation work. I'm not "trapped at home". Lol.

I worded it a little weird. What I ment was: I was with the online guy at 22 when the guy at college asked me out. I turned him down because I assumed me and the online guy would meet at some point soon. By the time he broke up with me, I had no way of reconnecting with college guy. Nor do I think I deserve to.

>"I'm kinda trapped at home most of my time by my own anxiety "

>"I'm not trapped at home lol"

Sure sister, but this still doesnt explain lack of recreational activity. Also from which language to which language? I did some translation work back in the day, god damn some movies just drove me insane..

BMI is 19/20. Depending on if I'm having a fat week

>>"I'm kinda trapped at home most of my time by my own anxiety "
I didnt write this, sister.

Speed dating is basically the same as online both are a waste of time. I found my gf through a hobby. Try taking a cooking class. In the 50s cooking was a womans deal but now you'd be surprised how many guys will be there. Everyone likes food.

Japanese > English

That's a really good idea. Theres a culinary school near my apartment that holds basic courses! Thank you

You definitely didnt deserve him, at least back then.

BMI of 20
>fat week

Come on now, that is not fat. Pretty lean actually, although as a guy my perspective might be different.

Follow the chain, the person i replied to did say that.

Neat, so why cant you meet somebody through that. Arent there any meetups around that are essentially "Japanese speaking nights" where people practice japanese and english? Usually with foreignners and such?

Oh sorry! I didnt see that. My bad. This site is confusing lol

Yeah this thread is a mess at this point, but thats the way i like it.

Anyway for the person who does japenese to english translation at the office my suggestion is this..

And for OP, where are you from? Europe or the colonies?

I actually went to one of these about 2 years ago. Didnt really get a good vibe. Most conversations were about anime or movies. It was kind of awkward too because different people would ask me about japan. I've never lived there so conversations were brief. I was the only native speaker that attended so it was overwhelming. It became exhausting

I am in Texas.

Neat, so the culinary course thing will most likely work at least you will meet new people and also learn how to cook proper food. Which is always a plus.

I suggested about miniature painting right? You can meet with homely people that way as well.

By the way the reason i asked about country was how the dating apps work, where i am from tinder isnt just used for hookups but essentially as an app which just designates the people using it as "single" and looking for "something". But i guess in USA it is mostly used just for hookups.

>Native speaker
>Never lived there

Do you look Japanese and/or immigrant parents? I guess that would explain they assuming you were from Japan.

Ok scratch the language thing, what other hobbies you got?

Im Half. My dad goes hunting but I could never kill an animal... I used to golf as a kid. But golf courses are kind of lonely places lol. And lessons and tournaments are generally not co ed.

>Half
Are your boobs white or japanese sized?

Sounds lovely. You can always just take tracking and baiting as a hobby, eventually becoming a master baiter..

As suggested before colonary arts is always a nice thing, maybe dancing. Or even camping if you are outdoorsy a bit.

You might think about online things as well, not Jow Forums(definitely not soc) but maybe try to get into a hobby related highly specialized forum?

Actually most of my suggestions would just work to meet new in general but they are mainly coed stuff. Do you think your friends can help you out? They might just not be thinking of it unless you tell them..

I meet loads of girls at my local ice rink. It helps that I'm good and it's easy enough to go up and say hi and offer some tips to people who look like they're struggling.

The obvious answer to your question is to take up a hobby where there are dudes, or make better friends with the girls at your other hobbies and try to meet their male friends.

Not him but as a former fatty I've noticed that when we look ourselves in the mirror we see nothing extreme. Just a bit of extra chub that can be covered with clothes. Well, the rest of the world doesn't think so. But don't go all "baww I'm fat" now. Look up your bmi. If you are below the obese category then it's not too big a deal.
Now as to your question, I think you should attend a few cons. You have the skillset and interest to make outfits anyway.

She later stated she is 19/20 BMI. She aint a fattty, nowever this doesnt say anything anout the face.

>25
>wholesome
>knows Japanese
>prefers to meet people organically
>doesn't drink or smoke
Holy shit, are you the female version of me?
Seriously, we should be friends. What's your preferred social media platform?
I'll shoot my shot, I don't give a fuck.

no offense but you seem gay

get a dog, not one that can overpower you though

You're only going to find somebody you like if you try meeting people.
Fortunately, that's a lot easier for women, so you shouldn't have too much trouble if you do the bare minimum of putting yourself out there (ie, going to events where there are likely to be men).

Fuck off you thirsty neckbeard

OP did you ask any of your girl friends/co-workers you are close to if they know any guys they know who are single? You don't have to date them (but if you do then that's fine), but expand your social circle. I would only be wary if they are mutual friends as they want the best for the both of you and there is pressure behind it.
Also you don't have to go to a bar to drink, you can get a soda/water/non-alcoholic drinks. Depending on the bar you go to, you'll see what kinds of guys hang around there. So go with your friends for fun or go with your co-workers if they invite you.

>Dudes in here can't concieve of the fact that some woman are single without having any attractiveness issues
Because barring moral considerations (where women arguably have it worse), it is simply far more difficult for men to find willing partners than the other way around. Granted, if you stay at home all the time, meeting people won't happen often, but as a guy it's extremely rare to get approached. That is, all men have to do to stay reliably single is not approach anyone themselves.

Volunteer. At a gallery, a festival, something creative.

this, how ugly are you OP?

Attached: kek.png (650x581, 284K)