Hibernophilia

What do Euros think about Americans who have an extreme passion for all things Irish?

I am a Boston fag so it's ground zero for that kind of stuff this weekend. I lock the doors, close the blinds, read books, and ride my peloton.

Attached: wverrors.jpeg.jpg (735x1106, 140K)

Attached: potato.jpg (306x592, 68K)

They lack a real identity so seek it elsewhere. A great tragedy of our age.

Puritan stock from Marblehead here. I know those feels, user.

You are all massive cunt, from another part of the globe, without any significant connection to us. Piss off, we don't need to obsessed over like japan.

Well thats just racist.

They're faggoys that couldn't claim cool colonial American heritage so they became annoying paddies to be different.

This is all Americans though. Just cause your grandad was Irish that doesn't make you Irish.

Potato is an ideology not a race.

Yes. This.

Fuck off with this purity spiralling shite, you cunt. You faggots in Dublin wouldn't know anything about the families who left during the famine because you were all eating out of the brits' hands. The diaspora are always welcome home in the West. Don't listen to these free state rentboys.

There's four types of "Irish" - Americans.

The biker dad who has McSomething in his family name. Probably was a firefighter and is an alcoholic into ACDC.

The Boston asshole who wears those baseball tee shirts and flat caps. Basically tries to emulate Dane Cook. Is just a dickbag who says he can out-drink people just because he's % Irish.

The redneck from Appalachia or Virginia. The kind of chain-smoker mom that likes pitbulls and wolves and has that raspy cackle.

These people don't even know anything about Ireland other than fighting, drinking, and a family crest on the mantle piece.

The actual Irish-Americans are usually very religious, well-off, send their kids to expensive catholic schools (Insert a Saint's name) and are usually moralfags.

They're fags.The only thing worse is Americans who think they're Italian.Just because your family came from Ireland 20 generations ago doesn't make you Irish.

I leave Ireland for a foreign holiday every St Paddy's day. There is nothing worse than people larping as being Irish, except the one Irish girl I met who larped as being American.

While technically correct its kinda foolish. Many millions of Americans have strong Irish and British ancestry and cultural ties. Americans by and large do not emulate native American culture, ours is clearly an offshoot of European culture and is dominated by British and Irish legacies. My university has pipe and drum come out during graduation and a ceremonial mace, we read classical British and Irish literature, sing many of the same children's songs, and owe our culture to our forefathers no doubt about it. Its okay if that is a cultural anomaly of colonialism. But its definitly there.

If you ever heard the way that the average Irish person shit talks America and Americans, you'd stop celebrating Ireland. Your respect for Ireland is a one way street.

>peloton
Aren't those like 2000 bucks?

I have literally never offered even a secon to think about americans with passion for anything Irish

Attached: 1549398698923.jpg (350x466, 22K)

>offered
>retarded me thinking in german
>meant to say sacrificed
zhezhezhe

take this guys advice
Americans are the worst tourists that come here and LARP about being Irish.

You're despised by the Rural Irish and Not only because your LARPing loud Cunts that cant respect anyone's culture or traditions; Your boomer cunt parents have turned rural Ireland into a death trap for the average Irish family buying up all the housing and turning them into over priced holiday rental shitholes and "refugee hotels".
Opening Shopping centres every where, my own home town with only 300+ residents has two giant shopping centres open within the last 10 years within a mile of each other.
An ancient Celtic historical sight was destroyed because the american companies dont respect anything.
So yeah stay home and keep LARPing and dont come anywhere near EIRE.
INB4 Flag, I'm visiting family in the North.

Yes. This x a million.

An Irish publican, in Dublin no less, gave my dad a very hard time about getting a Cuban cigar, before I knew it the publican refused to get him one and said something really smart... well my dad raised his voice and said "get me the dam cigar you fucking mick" and the publican smiled and gave it to him for free.

I dunno. People are weird. It's a shame that the undeniable cultural ties are drowned in people being dicks.

I don't even know what you mean by this.

Half puritan, half Irish. Brighton.

It's Sinead o'connor. Last I heard she said kill all white men and Converted to Islam.

I'm not a smart man but I would bet everything on sinead being crazy and not in any meme sense

It was expensive but good for those days where it's too cold to run outside, you don't wanna run on a treadmill, and don't wanna lift back to back days.

You're German. You couldn't possibly understand any other culture.

But you can get a regular exercise bike for like 300 dollars.

Used to be that way. Loved the Irish. Then I met a few. Cunts.

No

Well ya, the peloton is really close to actual cycling, while the 300$ one would suck cock.

You met the wrong few if so.

Is it not just a regular magnetic resistance bike with a touchscreen and classes?

why does every fucked up little retard on the internet care about this shit? did somebody wearing green pinch your balls and cut of the circulation today?

Ipswich, mayflower stock reporting in!

There's way too many fellow ipswich people on here

That’s really it right there. They hate that they’re white and regular. So they latch on to the paddy thing to be interesting. It’s been going on for at least a generation.

I’ve helped a couple “100% Irish” friends do genealogy because I’m good at it. Everyone of the has turned out to be part English, Scottish or some other random shit. One guy basically learned learned that only his great great grandfather was Irish, and Protestant to boot. The rest of his family was Yankee/WASP and French-Canadian. I.e. average as fuck.

Greetings cousins.
We must reclaim our living space.

Read more history, you're almost there.

That’s FOBland, mate. Probably more illegals at Kiki’s than all of El Paso, lol

I just moved here. Chan made me want to get comfy. I hate Boston.

Maybe it’s cuz I just moved here, I kinda feel like we already do. One of my neighbors is an actual church pastor.

Yeah I left the city too, its much much better out here

Kek, I'm still single so fuck it. I'm at kiki's at least once a week. Good sandwiches.

>and ride my peloton
Why dont you do a squat, noodle man?

FOB=fresh off the boat. I’m talking about all the illegal Harps who love there. Annoying as fuck. Used to be interesting when Castlebar was still open. Now they just fuck around drinking on the playground and starting fights randomly.

I see. Ya I go running past the bars on Washington st like porter bellys and green briar and a bunch of fobs mock me and call me a faggot, cunt, and inchoherant derogatory words that I don't understand. Especially in the summer.

The stupid damon/afflack/Weinstein movies have exacerbated this problem.

Eastern MA is gay

The flag might be a bit odd but this guy here has just about summed it up. I doubt there is a family in the west of Ireland without a connection to the US. Dublin fuckheads who's family history never saw any of the hardships that drove thousands and thousands across the Atlantic are usually the ones who are quickest to mock the connection between Ireland and the US. They are the very same ones who will be only too happy to tell you about "the great hunger" which probably never affected their families to the extent it did those in the west. People in the west of Ireland appreciate the diaspora in the US.