Is it possible to get a girlfriend when you have asperger's syndrome?

Is it possible to get a girlfriend when you have asperger's syndrome?

Attached: 1551403973590.png (163x209, 2K)

Yes

Very easily. It has been done by many.

How many girls have you asked on date OP?

Attached: stop asperger.jpg (1545x2402, 273K)

How?

Like 2.

It took me 7 tries before i got my first date which didnt lead anywhere. You need to try more before gf falls into your lap.

What if my aspergers prevents me from trying effectively?

For instance I tried Tinder and got loads of cute matches but they won't respond to my messages. Presumably because I'm attractive but too autistic to keep women interested once we start talking.

>Presumably because I'm attractive but too autistic to keep women interested once we start talking.
This, times a hundred.
I'm a 22 y/o tall fit aspie with 'killer eyes' you know, deep blue and all that bs.
Girls will find me attractive or 'hot' but I never get the hint. And only after I do and try making a move, it befomes apparent to them I'm some sicko.
Face/height/frame/money doesn't matter if you're like this.

>hello jane, what are you looking for on tinder?
>really? Do you think i fit these criterias?
>random emoji (dont wait for responce here)
>wanna go on date with me? Burger and park? Or netflix and chill?
There is your script for tinder. Remember you have their attention for 5 minutes top. Be fast, be direct and never do double texting.

If you are in person, all you need to do is to look into their eyes and smile like retard. Or anime smug smile face. And then when you walk somewhere, just do handholding. Dont even think, just grab her hand (GENTLY!).

You need to train to appear normal at least until 1st date happens.

Tried that. Also tried pick up lines, or cheeky references to material in the profile. 90% of the time, no response. 5%, I get a response but they give me nothing to work with so the conversation fizzles out. Last 5%, I get a response and try to make conversation, then they just stop responding.

You know, there's some simple advice I have for you.
Talk less. Let the girl talk more.
It might sound weird, but from my experience, when someone with Asperger's gets on a tangent, there's no derailing them.
So avoid talking too much, avoid talking about stuff that you're really passionate about and just try to make the girl comfortable.
Then tell her you have Asperger's and if she's cool with that part, then just remember to be mindful of her and when it's her time to speak.
Slow your roll, ease your way into conversation and you won't come off as narcissistic.
Not that you can really help it, but being more aware of it can't hurt.

Some say tinder is shit. Try badoo, facebook, okcupid and real life events like dancing lessons, yoga and cooking events.

>Talk less. Let the girl talk more.
>It might sound weird, but from my experience, when someone with Asperger's gets on a tangent, there's no derailing them.
>So avoid talking too much, avoid talking about stuff that you're really passionate about and just try to make the girl comfortable.
Thanks, I know this is true but it is hard for obvious reasons.
I'll pay attention to doing this more though.
>Then tell her you have Asperger's and if she's cool with that part, then just remember to be mindful of her and when it's her time to speak.
She works at the same company (different departments & shifts) and she's the one who added me via social media, so I started msging her.
Told her the very first day I'm a weirdo and have ADD/ADHD/Asperger, and she was very accepting / didn't really seem to care. Not sure if she really understands though?
>Slow your roll, ease your way into conversation and you won't come off as narcissistic.
Yeah, I asked her to go do something next week as soon as I dared, because I have a habit of waiting too long and girls losing interest.
She said she'd think about it with some weird emoji to boot.
>Not that you can really help it, but being more aware of it can't hurt.
Really, thanks for the advice man, I'll try to keep it in mind and not be a selfish cunt for a change.

>tell her you have Asperger's
Uhhhh no. I didn't tell my ex until we had been dating for a month and I think it's better that way. I exhibited some sperg behavior prior but she just wrote it off as "quirky".

I did those but no girls seem to be interested in me IRL. I dont know why i get all these matches on tinder but no one IRL. Only reasoning I can come up with is i'm so autistic I repulse every girl who talks to me in person

Autism is a spectrum, just because two people have Asperger's doesn't mean they're both going to be the same in a social situation.
The guy was effectively pushing people away because of his social awkwardness, so making people aware of the condition can make them more understanding and sympathetic during social situations.
It's not ideal, sure, but it will change their opinions on his behaviors which could end up being more positive for him if it keeps girls interested instead of scaring them off.

How did you even get to the point of being able to message the girl you liked? My autism is so overpowering that my anxiety doesn't even allow me to do that...

>leaving the house and seeing girls
Still doing better than some of us, bub.
I go to work then come home and catch up on sleep/unwind on weekends. I never see a woman younger than 40 on any regular basis.

For sure.

I have a friend with Asperger's and he's had a few girlfriends. And he's not overly attractive or anything, just an average guy.

I'm autistic as fuck, yet extremely high functioning, and have been in a relationship for two and a half years. It's all about how much effort you put in. And how well you gel with your SO. IF I can do it, so can YOU.

Buddy, I know married people who have aspergers. You just gotta keep trying to improve on yourself and doing your best to learn from your mistakes, I guess.

How do I start?
A full time job leaves little time to start pursuing interests.

Totally wrong, but I can see by that notion that you'll weasel your way out of making any effort of any kind.

I'm out.

I don't agree with that. It's just that I have no friends and poor social skills; and for a guy pushing 30 that can be scary to other people. Nobody really deserves to have to endure my presence, and I honestly feel bad forcing it on them.
But I do want to get better, and need something to do on weekends (and maybe weekday evenings) that can ease me into finally leaving my shell.

Like, what are some normal people hobbies that an autistic won't actively sabotage? I was thinking of taking cooking classes and reading more topical books so I actually have things to talk about for once in my miserable life.
I just want friends, this isn't even about finding a girlfriend, that's a future problem once I've taken some baby steps; walk before you can run, etc

Attached: DkpMGERUYAE8GJJ.jpg (800x600, 69K)

Yes, but time consuming.

I was diagnosed young and realized I would need to learn social skills rather than develop them organically.

I got so good at faking appropriate emotions and reactions it became instinct.

After a re-evaluation they believe my past psych was incorrect in his diagnosis.

I’m not OP but can you tell me some relationship issues that come up from being autistic? I’m in love with someone who seems autistic. I’ve known them for many years.

It is, just find one that loves the drama