How long do you plan to live?

How long do you plan to live?

Attached: glasscastle.jpg (268x188, 11K)

Until my body won't let me do the things I want. If I find it incredibly painful to get out of bed, in the wild I'd be dead and that's not a high quality of life. I'd game end myself

69th birthday.

I made the stupid promise to let death come when it will, and never take it into my own hands. I'm ready to die right now, but sadly my body is perfectly healthy.

Probably gonna kms in a couple of months.

Longest Possible.

Forever

About 15 years shorter than I've already lived.

My goal is 30 right now, then retire and go til I'm out of money.

I don't know yet, I'm 20 now and not too excited about the future. Guess I'll wait till I'm 30 to decide, see if things get any better.

Until I can't do anything interesting or useful.

Just until the pain becomes unbearable

2 more years. Or till i am 102.

As long as possible, and will go out kicking and screaming. Or assuming I’m getting old, wiggle in annoyance in a hospital bed high out of my mind.

until i'm forced to get a job.

hmmm....i may or may not kill my self before making it to 25, so....let's see if i make it to 25, if things are the same way they are today, then for fucking sure i'm killing myself

I've said for a while now I'll kill myself at 50. Even if I don't, I hope to life among nature, and if that happens, I'll die when I can't live anymore

As long as I can. I may be miserable now, but its better than the abyss. You know how people say "nothing is worse than this"? I mean it literally. Nothingness is worse than any amount of suffering.

Proof?

25 presently. 30 at best, 27 at worst.

That's ridiculous and insane.

I had testicular torsion last May. They had to correct it surgically. In the operating room, when they knocked me out, it was like flipping a lightswitch. One instant I'm looking up at the OR lights, the next I'm waking up in a recovery room. No dreaming, no awareness, nothing. Death is like that, except you don't wake up.

FUCK that.

Idk.... always assumed someone else would decide

How so? Living life is a worst off fate than death becaus some see death as liberation and what's worse than actually getting what you want to die? Living.

You speak of that like you experienced it. If you never wake up, you never have to reflect on it

Experienced the nothingness, I mean

I used to think this until I was at the worst point in my life. Then I truly understood why people wanted out.

Because no matter how bad my situation gets, it is possible that it will get better, so long as I am still alive. But once I die, that's it. Total, eternal nothingness. No thank you.

But what does that matter? If you never have to reflect on it, then you'll never know you were "asleep." You're obviously very attached to this world. I'm not saying things can't get better, but it's all temporary. You can chase endlessly something that you think will be better, or you can accept that happiness originates in your thoughts and that you can be happy right now if you want

My life sucks balls and I still don't want to die.
>Have muscular dystrophy, can't walk, in constant pain
>kissless, handholdless incel
>unemployed, live at home with my mom
>live in rural NY, no jobs here even if I could work
>all my family is slowly dying around me
>Since 2014 I have lose 2 uncles, an aunt, my dad, my 15 year old sister, my dog, and my grandfather
And I still don't want to die.

Are you having a stroke?

You can't experience the nothingness. That's the definition of the nothingness.

That's my point. He couldn't have, yet he talked as if it was the worst thing he experienced

I want to live as long as I can with good health. It may seem like a borderline platitude, but it's worth being grateful for a more or less healthy life, even if you suffer from ailments.

Attached: 1553096645781.png (720x405, 377K)

Oh. yeah.

>No dreaming, no awareness, nothing.
What baffles me is how user thinks that's such a terrible thing. It is the most value neutral state possible.

If pain is -1 and pleasure is 1, then death is 0.
0 > -1

Because I don't think suffering is negative. Nothingness is 0, suffering is 1, pleasure is 2.

A couple months at best. I am not even sure what has kept me going so long.

And like I said: that's insane. Suffering must by definition be worse than not-suffering. Otherwise we've throw the whole concept out the window.

It is. I guess mere contentedness would be 1.5.

Depends if I will succeed or not in the goals I'm pursuing.
If not, then not very long because I don't like the idea of being a wageslave for a society that hates me and wants me to pay for single mothers.
But if I will succeed, then I want to do whatever I want regardless of laws and social norms, and then overdose after doing everything I've ever wanted. So I think at 50 would be nice.

If you are experiencing existence then non-existence is impossible. Even if you die you either become something else or your spirit (consicuisness) get's remodeled or put into another body. Until the end of times. Endless without end.

Enjoy black pill. That's what you want anyway.

If I lose my virginity before 40, then until I go naturally.

If I don't have sex in the next 5 years then I'm going to off myself before I turn 40. I don't want to see myself actually be a 40 year old virgin.

Death, nothingness, is the absence of everything. Including suffering. Non-suffering includes death. If you're dead, you're not suffering.

Nothingness is illogical so is eternity. Humans cant comprenhend those two words we just have grasp of them. If you are in void and dead then you dont think and dont suffer or even comprenhend what is happening. But that is just not possbile because we exist. When lord demiurge woke in the endless void he proclaimed himself as king or god. Then he created everything so he wont be so lonely. Us humans are next gods to replace him in the great void and so on. Lord demiurge will eventually cease to exist and will become primordial force. And so on. Until the eternity.

I'm giving myself 'till 2077, because I want to see star wars' centenary.
If I'm still in good shape after that, I'll just wait for the inevitable

Ok, yeah, you're insane.

I truly wish i am. I hope i am. I want it. Demand it. Pray to lord im insane because if im not...

Non-sense.

do note, however, that when dead, while you don't feel suffering, you also don't experience the absence of suffering, because you're, well, dead.

till i frig ur mother

Attached: 21576366_125015401559506_3685255005675192320_n.jpg (720x720, 50K)

Have you been dead? Or experienced death? Of course not. Then it means death is illogical and we will always exist. You dont remember your past lives right? Or anything that has happend before your birth. It could be said that right now you are experiencing reality. A gift. When your body wither and die you lose all memories and experiences but your consicuisness goes on to another body or being. Reincarnation. Until end of times and beyond.

That guy isn't me. I'm just an atheist who's afraid of oblivion.

Reincarnation is BS for a bunch of reasons. How can the number of people ever change?

If you have no memories of that past life, in what sense did you even have it?

>If you have no memories of that past life, in what sense did you even have it?

You dont want to have memories of your past life. Or you would suffer from eternity. You dont want that trust me.

Absence of suffering is not something you can experience. Again, by definition.
If you're alive you can reflect on your absence of suffering, and experiencing those reflections might make you experience happines. But you don't experience absence of suffering directly.
What you're trying to argue here is ridiculous.

Still utter non-sense.

thanks for proving me wrong. Because this time i actually want to be wrong.

In my twenties, there’s a reason I joined the USMC

Attached: 506C9334-8357-4C1B-A964-DE6C67BB370F.jpg (750x1334, 166K)

I can't even tell anymore if you're trolling me or if you really are a genuine idiot.

Eternity is a long time, it's forever. This is why I think reincarnation is an inevitability. Something will happen to bring you back.

Statistically the military, even a combat MOS, is less dangerous than a bunch of civilian jobs. Alaskan crab fishermen for instance die constantly.

What's the relative suicide rate in the corps compared to civilian life?

Just because something is infinite doesn't mean that everything conceivable will happen in it. The set of real numbers between 0 and 1 doesn't include 2.

That may be true, but in the military I’m surrounded by many like-minded suicidal people

Fucking huge, but the higher ups do a good job of hiding the actual statistics

until I die.

This type of argument is like saying
>There are infinitely many prime numbers, they go on forever. This is why I think there must exist more than one even prime number. At some point another even prime number will appear.

Then, how would you know?

You don’t really seem to notice until it’s personal

I can see what you're getting at, like if our consciousnesses are rooted in a single time and physical make up that can't be repeated. I just have faith- that reincarnation will happen in this universe or another.
Math analogies are interesting, but I feel as though in this instance it oversimplifies what could be going on. This isn't really an argument against what you're putting forward, I just think whatever the truth is, is probably beyond us comprehending, not analogous with a sequence of numbers.

Mathematics is the best investigation we have into the concepts and nature of infinity. If you're interested in the idea of infinity on a philosophical level then you should study math.
If you're not interested in logic then don't try to pass off your opinions as bullshit logic.