How were shopping malls once popular?

How were shopping malls once popular?

Attached: 484771475021jpg.jpg (750x500, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w6Q3mHyzn78
youtube.com/watch?v=JUqp3t9sTx0
youtu.be/SHpCCe9en2M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why do you faggots make the same fucking threads all the time?

shills who hate Jow Forums trying to destroy with useless threads

No phones, need to buy shit, humans like to socialize, there were fewer niggers.

How is it hard to understand?

Because we keep replying

this
it was nice to hang out at the shopping mall with your buds

Sup china friend I know Jow Forums is banned there so whats your story? Party member or intelligence?

Attached: E8A914DE-61C5-4D55-8CB4-BF455760ADC6.png (721x615, 366K)

Same reason online shopping is

It was convenient

>market square,.

Rekt by you know who.

Hit up the arcade with a few Bros playing Soul Caliber 2 and Aliens vs Predator, hop over to chik-fil-a, stroll over to book store to buy comics and horror and fantasy novels on sale, and push some tables together for board games on tuesday.

Sears had good shit with a great warranty.

It's not banned here, you have bad Intel.
Quick run down:

* Jow Forums rangebanned China for spamming
* China banned Google services
* Jow Forums requires Google Captcha to post
* Only workaround is Jow Forums gold
* Tiananmenposting every time we post in Jow Forums, while it won't get us in trouble, would certainly piss off the patriots (of which there are many)

Check’d n chinapilled now thanks user

Given user some credit, they re-worded the question to make it more interesting.

You have to remember that for most of their lives, malls were destination shopping. People didn't go there for basic bitch stuff, they went because they had disposable income and were willing to pay retail.

Plus, as others pointed out, there was no Internet, let alone online shopping. Also, they destroyed traditional downtown big city shopping so they were the only place to go for specialty goods.

Attached: 80small.jpg (800x534, 59K)

I used to always go to the wall back in my emo/scene kid days. I don't think it's even cool to hangout there anymore. In fact, the metro city area mall closed by me.

checked, your post is far more interesting that the faggot OP

Attached: 1541554851376.gif (541x332, 421K)

Why do faggots like you enter threads you don't like and bitch about them?

Mall culture was fascinating, especially 80's mall culture. I wish there were more/better documentaries out there chronicling it. I'm sure this will make plenty of pepple on Jow Forums sneer, but the dead malls series makes my heart hurt when I watch it.

Attached: CHOPPING-MALL-5.jpg (717x538, 189K)

Hanging out at malls was the best way to grow up. People interacted more. I feel sad for modern no mall culture. They are turning them in to mega churches cause no one goes to em anymore.

They still are unless you live in a shitty area.

You haven't lived if you've never watched a 4'8" blonde chick with mondo titties try to stuff 15 cinnamon gumballs from the mall gunball machine in her mouth while hanging out.

There was no online shopping, and no "big box" stores like walmart, target etc (at least none as large as their modern counterparts.
Gaming systems were hugely outmatched by arcade machines, so malls had arcades too, among many other things to do besides shop.

On a similar topic, I'm not sure why people still go to movie theaters now that gigantic flat screens and 1000W sound systems are in every home.

Attached: HisCock.png (125x125, 2K)

ba da bap bap
ba da bap bap
ba dap bap bapbapbapbap bap bap bap

Attached: flyguy.jpg (450x245, 14K)

I like Dead Malls, but Dan Bell is a faggot.

It was his only good series, and he can't make a new episode cause of muh depression.

>tfw you will never live in an 80's/90's consumerist utopia with vaporwave aesthetic

shit, nailed it.

they had arcades and were good places to waste hours

how is staying inside for 95% of your life playing video games rotting on social media popular?

Because it was a place to go and socialize with other white people. Play some games at the arcade, stop by the food court, skateboard around the parking garage, maybe buy something. I miss the 90s so much.

me too :(

The smells, the atmosphere, having a neat place to go.
Malls weren't about consumerism for me it was like a modernist park and social gathering place.

Indoor malls originated in Minnesota where it's certain death to go wandering outside for a couple hours in winter. Then they tried to put them in temperate climates and shoved the exact same stores into all of them, destroying regional shopping tourism. AKA, they Applebee'd shopping and eventually people got sick of microwaved culture.

buddy, malls died because of online shopping. it wasn't because people got sick of "microwaved" culture. also, niggers. at least here in wisconsin.

Malls where I am are still busy as ever. Too crowded in fact. but I live where 95% of the people at the mall are foreign and don't know any better yet. This goes against your premise of online shopping. I don't think most people buy clothes online.

have you thought about living somewhere that isn't a total shit hole? is this pat's brother by chance? he says you complain about the somalis all the time.

maybe they've never seen or had easy access to a modern mall before moving here so it still has some charm to them.

Is that... Natick, by the old hostess factory? Man, times have gotten rotten

so that you can stop making them

No internet.

There was no internet, and people actually left their homes to do things. There you go, life until the 2000s explained for the kids.

Attached: 30A4526700000578-3420071-image-a-135_1453936280651.jpg (634x634, 58K)

They used to not be full of niggers. When that changed they became unpopular.

Attached: 52390261985.jpg (1032x652, 109K)

People werent lazy fucking bums and actually left their house.

Sears used to sell build-a-house kits where you could get everything you needed to build a house for less than $5,000 today. My grandpa built his house that way.

It was before the internet was widely popular. You kind of had to make your own fun by going places.

You must live in a flyover state. Outlets are always packed and you get name brands for 1/2 the price.

From my childhood up through high school the mall was awesome. Babbages, EB Games, K&B Toys, Waldenbooks, Suncoast Movies, there were just so many cool stores. And since internet shopping wasn't a thing, a trip to the mall was the only time to go shopping as a kid.

From 1950 to about 2008, the average person had discretionary income.

Their house plans were great, too. Unlike the bland plywood boxes they construct today.

I remember going to the mall with my mom, dad, and sister. It was usually on Fridays after school. My sister and I used to fight over which stores to go to. So my dad would take me to Gamestop and EB games, or the toy store. My mom would take my sister to her stores. In the end, we'd get these amazing pretzels. Then we'd go get pizza and my dad would play video games with me all night.
We used to love going to the mall, because it looked so big, colorful, and open. As the years past, we started going less, mainly because we were getting older obviously. But also because niggers slowly but surely started showing up on weekends. Not to shop, just to stand outside the main doors to gang out and intimidate customers. Eventually they started wandering around the mall like zombies, causing trouble, fighting, etc.
You don't really realize how happy you were and how simple life was, until you lose it. And of course, when niggers ruin it.

sad story

Used to be a place where you could get a variety of items in one place. Then Gore invented the internet.

your faggot generation doesn't even go to the mall? no wonder you complain about having no girlfriend all the time.

My favorite place in the mall was the food court

Attached: fettspurdo.jpg (600x514, 43K)

He has >muh depression?

I thought he just wanted to do more of the gross motel rooms show.

No internet.

Malls were *magical* as a kid who grew up in the 80's, especially near Christmastime. People have mentioned the lack of the Internet and the sense of cultural unity, but the main thing was that it was literally the single place where you could see all the newest, shiniest things in the flesh (and in the 80's there were glacial-level innovations in technology happening constantly).

this and /thread. Malls were an American past-time. Some malls are still fun to go to... people watch, eye candy... but eventually niggers ruin every mall and then the shops close and move to the new mall, further away from the niggers. (or in the case of minnesota... the biggest mall in america gets turned into a muzzie fest and people stop going. We used to go to the mall of america annually, but we don't go anymore because there are too many kebabs)

Before Amazon, it was the best place to look for weird shit you wanted. Legos, socks, tables, fans, dildos, etc. And there was still no guarantee you would get what you wanted. And since you might be there for a while, you would bring someone. It was a social experience more than anything for a lot of people.

>How were shopping malls once popular?
Internet didn't exist, so malls were the internet social media sites. Your local mall is where you've met your friends, hung out, talk shiet and spread memes.

it's unfortunately true that the influx of minorities in shopping malls ended everything
I used to go to the Arsenal Mall in Watertown, MA and it used to be bustling all the time, especially around the holidays
even when online shopping was a thing, people still went to the mall because you couldn't always rely on the shipping estimates
then minorities started filling up the place and all the white people left
all the black men (read: MEN, 21+) began hitting on all the girls (read: GIRLS, 16 and under), and black chicks kept roaming around in gaggles causing fights all the time. everyone kept stealing shit to the point that the coin-op candy machines and kiosks closed.
the only reason the Burlington Mall has stayed open is because it has niche shops that aren't selling en mass on Amazon and it has a lot of restaurants

OBLIGATORY!
youtube.com/watch?v=w6Q3mHyzn78

Because before the internet, mall ratting is what most suburban kids did in their spare time, now we have other entertainments that dont require kids to leave the house, so they never do.

they were once full of white people

All our local malls went downhill from all the niggers they bus in. I have avoided them for years. Gonna have to stop in and see what the Christmas decorations look like this year. Going to be kinda of sad if there aren't any. I haven't thought about them in years, but the decorations were insane years back.

>How were shopping malls once popular?
Because people purchase things.

It used to take the niggers 3 buses and 4 hours to get to one. Now they live in condos above them.

Because niggers weren't allowed to chimp out like feral apes. Zog hadn't yet directed them to attack and kill everything white.

哪来的 there are many? 你tm智障, 别章口就莱,蟹蟹

Attached: IMG_20190319_160810.jpg (720x573, 40K)

youtube.com/watch?v=JUqp3t9sTx0

tfw having a great time with friends and family at the mall zoomers will never experience it

I don’t know where you retards live but on Long Island zoomers go to malls with their friends all the time, mall’s always packed when I go

Well kids in high school used to go to the mall to hangout. And the Autists like me would stay home and be resentful of them. Nowadays everybody stays home and socializes online like I used to. So this means the future is autistic. The normies will be replaced

You can find good malls around.

You just need to look for the racism of neo-liberals. Toll highways, township business frontage regiments (like brick or stone), McMansions and police traps.

It is utterly important to look for toll highways being the only non-surface street access. This is how Democrats economically segregate and get their white donor base not to have enough contact with Nogs and spics to still want them alive.

Frontage requirement dissuade both Nogs and white trash.

McMansions boost property values so no HUD dare may enter.

And the thin blue line is most effective when it's bored and has nothing to do but ticket hoopties and harass homeless people.

What's your motive and why do you ask this every day

youtu.be/SHpCCe9en2M

Nigger, was this is NWGA?

I used to love the mall when I was young. Could do all of my shopping at once. It was super convenient, and it was pretty much the only time I could say things like, "Oh hey, while we're here, why don't we go to *whatever store*."
Then the negros came, and ruined it all.