Is getting a gun in the US really as easy as everyone says it is?

Is getting a gun in the US really as easy as everyone says it is?
And if so, why?
What's the purpose of having an entire population have easy acess to guns?
I'm genuinely curious.

Attached: 7-g55ae160_1.jpg (550x550, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defensive_gun_use
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States
sightm1911.com/lib/rkba/ff_militia.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We have a shrinking tax base, 45%+ of the population will be obsolete due to automation, a out of control border, and literally everyone is voting themselves free money. You would need to be a retard not to have one.

Depends on where you go, but usually yes, it's that easy
The point is freedom, specifically freedom to defend oneself using any means necessary. Unfortunately our rights are infringed on by the auto weapons manufacture+import ban, but it's not all bad I guess
You have to remember, we border cartel-land

Are you 12 years old? Been on the internet very long? This has been covered exhaustively for years now...

Wrong question. Why should we NOT have them?

Attached: 1502926946341.jpg (962x597, 181K)

Its in our constitution and is at the core of American culture. Even if there was a good reason to disarm the population, it just wouldnt be America anymore.

Fucking this. Perfect conditions for national collapse.

Also, fpbp

The bill of rights are right that were granted to every citizen by your creator, not by mankind so they cannot be touched.

Our revolution was won with citizen owned rifles.

As long as it isn't a handgun, you can just buy a rifle or shotgun like any other purchase at places like walmart even.
T. Maryland

It's easy if you're a citizen or permanent resident with no criminal(felonies) record.AS it should be.

Don't forget the massive amounts of alcohol!

Yeah private-party-sales-wise you can buy any semi auto gun from anyone off the street at any time.

Dealer-sales-wise you can order any semi auto gun off the internet to any dealer and pay him an extra $30 to transfer the gun to your name

read the 2nd amendment
then reflect that on the state of europe

>obsolete due to automation
meanwhile IMTS attendance grows, manufacturing plants are hiring more people, more companies are popping up as support systems and the like, increases in efficiencies - not redundancies
You don't know shit, lebowski

Attached: youknowshit.jpg (1228x891, 93K)

>Yes it's exactly as the liberals claim. They are known here for their honest not in any way cognitively dissonant beliefs.

Attached: fcbdatomic_10.jpg (660x1022, 178K)

Non-free tards wouldn’t understand the foresight by the founding fathers of the greatest country on earth.

The requirements for purchasing a firearm are far more restrictive than those regarding "possession".

>10 U.S. Code §246. Militia: composition and classes

>(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

>(b) The classes of the militia are—

>(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

>(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Or if you have a domestic battery you’re barred. Can never possess a firearm again. Been barred since 2013 over some bullshit can’t even expunge or seal record.

You could get a lot more guns with the bag.

Attached: a81.jpg (680x1109, 97K)

It's always been that way. Privately owned firearms are baked into our DNA. We were a colonial frontier nation and were born through armed revolution. It would be strange if we didn't have a gun culture.

Yes.
Because fuck you.
Shooting traitorous cunts.

Thursday is hard liquor and handguns night. An American tradition.

I'd have thought it would occur to a German of all people by now

Attached: 1553031650573.jpg (399x400, 16K)

Attached: yangbased2.jpg (750x645, 103K)

Those jobs are niche and by their nature not comparable with manufacturing jobs of days yore. They will not be the second coming of widespread employment in that sector.
You can read Hurst if you don't believe me.

I'd rather have guns and some money guaranteed rather than be stuck in wage slavery for some mega-Jew who does nothing but suck my country dry for another Yacht and a Third Temple in Israel.

Here in the south I’ve know a lot of guys who have bought and traded with friends. As well if your not a criminal depending on the state yeah, you can walk into a gun shop and in under an hour you’ll be out with a new gun.

I have a gun tree in my yard.
t. Tennessee user

>What's the purpose of having an entire population have easy acess to guns?

To kill people who want to take them away.

Attached: Ithaca 37.jpg (800x531, 109K)

Lower-end estimates include that byDavid Hemenway, a professor of Health Policy at the Harvard School of Public Health, which estimated approximately 55,000–80,000 such uses each year.[8][9]

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defensive_gun_use

Compared to

In 2012, there were 8,855 total firearm-related homicides in the United States, with 6,371 of those attributed to handguns.[9]In 2012, 64% of all gun-related deaths in the U.S. were suicides.[10]In 2010, there were 19,392 firearm-related suicides, and 11,078 firearm-related homicides in the U.S.[11]In 2010, 358 murders were reported involving ariflewhile 6,009 were reported involving ahandgun; another 1,939 were reported with an unspecified type of firearm.[12]

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States

Remind me again why these retards want to ban guns. Defensive gun use far outpaces gun homicides, even on the LOW END of estimates made by leftist college professors. These stats are gun grabber kryptonite.

There are 4 kinds of anti-gunner.
>The person who just doesn't know about the subject, so they just repeat whatever talking points they heard growing up
>The stupid person who has actually been educated on the subject, but it went in one ear and out the other
>The crazy person with an increasingly tenuous grip on reality that projects their insanity onto other people as a defense mechanism
>The evil person who wants disarmed victims
You talk to the first, ridicule the second, lock up the third and fucking shoot the fourth.

Anybody STILL genuinely believe that banning guns is going to help anything?

I bought 21 ar 15s with my deployment money

it's more guns than I have digits for

ps. that castle outside lansdsthul orwhaterver is awesome

Attached: 1521573507000.jpg (1750x1000, 410K)

>Is getting a gun in the US really as easy as everyone says it is?
If you don't have a felony conviction and have the money to buy one, yes, it is.
>And if so, why?
Because it's our constitutional right. Why wouldn't it be?
>What's the purpose of having an entire population have easy access to guns?
Because the government has to fear the people only when the people are armed. When we're disarmed, we're mere sheep as in most of Europe, waiting to be slaughtered and being told it's for our own good.

armed population = democracy

disarmed population = authoritarianism

How do people still not understand this

To form a militia and kill an oppressor, be it a hostile military or your own government.

Each state has some specific laws regarding guns, but yes, if you’re not a felon, you can buy them anytime. I have several myself.

>The bill of rights are right that were granted to every citizen by your creator, not by mankind so they cannot be touched.
That's a retarded fiction and is demonstrably false.

Anyone can buy a 80%.

No, not at all.
Certain states are definitely easier though.

Attached: _20190316_124310.jpg (3747x1350, 775K)

fpbp

Attached: carrie_gets_redpilled.webm (485x274, 2.84M)

Easy no-restriction access to guns only works if the population is made up of non violent decent-iq whites. It does not work well when black people have easy access to guns.

much easier than in Germany thats for sure.
all you have to do is a FBI background check and if you are not a felon you can get it pretty easy. of course if you are some autist leftist and make comments about school shootings while the NICS check is going the guy selling it to you will laugh in your face and tell you to leave, but yes its that easy.

Why do people always make m4s look as gay as possible? It always has 1 of these things
>skinny heat guard
>some weird stock
>no top rail
>some ugly ass magazine

>why
Because we appreciate the power of freedom of:
Speech
Religion
Assembly
Aka: freedom of expression
Even so the peaceable

Not smart enough to complete it and really don’t feel like getting caught and doing a 10 year bid.

>ISIS tries to copy Brenton
>Enters church with gopro
>gets shot live on facebook
That's why.

Here's the quick rundown:
>Be 18 years old (or 21 for handguns), no criminal record
>Go to gun store
>Pick gun you want
>Fill out form with name, address, etc.
>Gun store clerk/owner runs background check on you
>If it's clear, you walk out with gun (or pick it up in a few days if your state requires a "waiting period"
All things considered, it's pretty easy. Euros often don't understand there there IS a background check, though. It's not just a over-the-counter thing.
>And if so, why?
Why not, exactly? Keep in mind that it used to be EASIER to buy a gun in most states.
1. Its literally in our constitution.
2. A large portion of the country is rural or somewhat rural, much more so than most people outside the US realize.
3. Crime is a real thing. Home defense and self defense are valid and strongly valued.

Attached: 1546295414013.gif (250x257, 231K)

It's... a standard M4 with a Pmag?

I have a friend who's willing to sell me one. It's as easy as writing a bill of sale on a napkin. But I'd have to keep it disassembled while transporting it and only use it in my own home for self-defense, I couldn't walk around with it without a permit. People who legally buy guns use them to defend themselves from people who illegally buy them (or steal them). The chances of being robbed/assaulted/raped/looted go down drastically if you can pull out a gun to defend yourself.

It used to be the norm throughout history that most people had to defend themselves. American states especially needed this back in the 18th century because the continent was full of animals and Indian tribes and desperate people looking to make a quick buck. That's not to mention the pirates at sea or the neighboring nations that could declare war at a moment's notice. The American revolution couldn't have happened without wide access to firearms. To prevent future politicians from creating a new tyranny and to keep people safe from the dangers of the new world, the founding fathers made it illegal for the government to disarm its citizens. Nowadays it's (legally) used to keep safe from criminals and crazy people and to get a cheap source of food. One deer's worth of meat can keep your family fed for months.

Attached: Yeah I watched dankula today.jpg (600x400, 40K)

Freedom.

I, even with no criminal record cant buy a gun here in p.a.. Not sure why and no one has offered any explanation. I pass state but fail federal.

SHUT THE FUCK UP, GOOK

yup, you can get a lot of guns for a kilo of coke

Preservation of self is a fundamental trait of any living being. The founders of our country realized this and codified it into law. Every living thing has a desire to protect itself from harm. It is the natural state.

So what do you go for when SHTF?
>aesthetic cowboy lpadput so people can talk about your death
>mundane combat rifle
>Full 1776 in flintlock weaponry
>LARP as Crusaders wearing armor and a claymore

Niggers have stolen guns, may as well make them available to non criminals

To shoot the fash.

Attached: concord.jpg (450x327, 56K)

F R E E D O M

Perhaps the very purpose the founding fathers framed it for, Tyranny of government. The citizens would potentially have to rise up against a well funded and trained military. Having butter knives and tasers wouldn't do much in that instance now would it?

Depends on what you’re getting and how. If you purchase something online, it has to go through Federal Firearms License holder (usually a gun store) and the transfer requires the same background check that a purchase at a gun store would. Some states require a waiting period for pistols as well. Min age to buy a long gun is 18, pistols are 21. Some states will let you bypass the background check if you have a valid Concealed Weapon Permit. Gun stores almost universally reserve the right to refuse service to anyone if they seem shady or weird, and you’ll get plenty of stories from gun store guys if you get to know them and make small talk while you wait for your background check to clear.

Most states also allow private sales and trades, which don’t require a background check. From my experience, though, they’ve almost always required some kind of Bill of sale with names and ID numbers as well as firearm serials just to cover their asses. Most (I’d say 80%) won’t even do a sale unless you have a concealed carry permit of some kind because it acts as a kind of quick good guy background check.

>And if so, why?

Why what?

I'm genuinely curious.

Because a well armed and well trained populace separate from a formal Army is necessary to the security of a free state of being as well as a state free from a tyranny

Because armed people stop bad things from getting worse

Because politicians should be scared of how many guns we have. They should be fucking losing sleep over it.

Because despite what your government has been conditioning you to believe, a very large group of people are perfectly capable of responsibly owning and using guns

Yep, how anyone can be unarmed in this day and age is beyond me. We are twenty years away from Brazil

Attached: 07FF1900-71D7-485D-A711-44E128387BE5.jpg (297x322, 52K)

It is not as easy as it is supposed to be, due to blatantly unconstitutional laws.

Well sorry kiddo that's how it's lasted this long

More or less, though the libtards make it sound like we have gun vending machines. We should have gun vending machines.

Why would you restrict a citizen's access to guns?

People tend to forget that the white people here are half German, during WW1 we voted 51-49 to support the allies and had a 1 vote difference to changing our national language to german.

the fact that people outside the US can't viscerally feel this constantly amazes me.
OP, you live under the rule of people who have guns. They tell you what to do, how to live, what to believe, and you give them your time, money, and life. How do you not want guns to give yourself some autonomy if their views begin to differ from yours or outright endanger you and your family? Are all you germans really that cuckold?

Attached: leaspeed6.jpg (640x640, 84K)

It's even easier if you're a criminal or don't give a fuck about laws.

Because we don’t want to be cucked like you, Hans.

Attached: BAF43FB3-419E-4D33-AC73-977921A77314.jpg (1242x1601, 1M)

The "militia" referred to by the Second Amendment are the people of the USA. From the Founding Fathers' own mouths:
sightm1911.com/lib/rkba/ff_militia.htm

guns don't make you more free idiot. They get you killed.

How? Go ahead and describe to me how owning a gun gets me killed.

Seriously, fuck you, Roof Koreans are awesome.

It's more common than you'd think. Tens of thousands of people a year get wrongfully denied. NICS is as fucktarded as the no fly list.

I honestly think I dislike people who support background checks more than people who actually want to ban guns.

shut the fuck up faggot

Yup, all those guns sitting in my safe could bust out and kill me at any time

You think there'd be any actual freedom left it the public didn't own guns here in the USA?
Are you actually mentally retarded? Please confirm before anyone else replies to your brainlet statement.

Well, moron... when the government starts oppressing you and you use your gun to stop it. YOU DIE.

There are way more guns than people here.
How are there so many living in The United States?

Yes, guns make us free. The real reason for them is becoming obvious, thanks to dickheads like you.

So the alternative is to live as a slave, enchained by a tyrannical government, right? Feel free to move to Venezuela anytime, faggot.

>government starts oppressing you
>DON'T YOU WANT TO JUST KEEP LIVING?!
what kind of a pathetic life do you desire if you'd rather be oppressed than fight back? do you enjoy lacking any and all control of your life? you just disproved your own fucking point:
>if the government is oppressing me, and i have a gun to fight back, even if i die, having that gun has literally allowed me to combat oppression: a damn-near definition of freedom, you fucking brainlet

your obsession with guns has only enslaved you more. It's why cops shoot people to death at the slightest fear, its why schools look like prisons... on and on.

I gagged a little knowing you are posting with a US flag. Go move to China I hear you will get a sweet social credit score for saying stupid shit like that

Attached: 1531748312272.jpg (356x374, 36K)

You really are fucking delusional aren't you.

It's a shame we don't lock you creatures up anymore.

Depends on the state but yes
>walk into gun store
>show id
>fill out paper
>buy ak-47 and walk out in less then 10 mins

It is easy, yes. I walk into the store, I pick out the firearm, I fill out the FBI check form, they send it off to the FBI automated system and then i make the transaction.

Funny, cops get shot all the time. And from the sound of it, they're terrible shots and don't wear top-tier body armor lARp500 plates like all the good little Jow Forumsfags do.

I'd rather die a free man than live as a slave. Hell, I'd rather die trying to protect my private property from a street mugger than to just let my stuff be taken like a cuck.

Yeah

That has nothing to do with black peoples being inherently more violent and our bullshit progressive clown world demonizing and breaking young white males and giving them nothing but rage to go on until they lash out and go out in a blaze of glory, amped up 110% by a ravenous and predatory media and soulless politicians who look to capitalize on any tragedy they can

No, it’s guns’ fault.

i think the question should be... would any country in their right minds ever try to invade a country with so many guns? i would say they are very safe

you will die as a slave with a gun lmao

And?

Attached: IMG_20190315_025629_289.jpg (500x958, 50K)

100x better to die on your feet than serve on your knees, lipschwanz

I'm in one of the most cucked states in the union and I was able to buy a rifle the same day I went in. All it required was a background check that required checking if I was a citizen and that I didn't have any prior crimes.

Getting my pistol was much more diffcult. I had to wait about 3 months to get it and jump through many hoops. Other states like florida will get you a pistol in 3 days. All depends on the state

We're free. We don't need a reason to own them, government needs a non bullshit reason to take them. All reasons have been bullshit so far.

I, and everyone I know, have had nothing but perfectly professional interactions with police officers, and I have been pulled over for traffic violations WHILE carrying a weapon...so the mere fact that you even worry about something like that shows your ignorance.
>schools look like prisons
hyperbole and a meaningless statement that also makes no argument. children already "have to" attend school in most all 1st world countries. even IF our "schools looked like prisons" that doesn't increase or decrease the level of "freedom" or "oppression" that guns have influenced on the arena
I'm not going to bother replying to you anymore. You're pathetic, and so are your arguments

i wish i lived in a free country. fuck this place
t. ausfag with proxy cause Jow Forums is blocked

I have a different pic of this chick saved, recognized the bench. fuckin nice legs on her