Were 1900s kids tougher than today's kids?

Were 1900s kids tougher than today's kids?

Attached: pa87-1-19-59-210-10.jpg (944x695, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FbZudrYHv1c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah probably.
no coddling parents back then.

By Far. You little cunts are all whiny lazy bitches

Something isn't quite right about this image. Anyone else getting that feeling?

Attached: jamisonmark4.jpg (1024x768, 423K)

No way the genetically weak autistic scions of mother earth today are obviously the apex of humanity, just ask them I'm sure they will be happy to wax on eloquently for hours about it...

Anyway, this is the playground I grew up with. I knew a kid who fell down the center tube and walked with a limp for the rest of his life.

Attached: jamisonmark4-2.jpg (1037x463, 181K)

Yeah. They worked in coal mines and shit.

You're referring to people who had their youth between 1900-1999? Yeah definitely. Though the rot really started setting in towards the late 90s. Even as a boomer born in 86 I'll say that playground in op's pic was rather excessively high. Sure the POINT is to develop muscle by climbing to get up that high but the risk v reward is out of sync. Falling from that height would break bones for kids of that age. The kind of playgrounds still existed when I was a kid and by the late 90s I started seeing useless crap plastic things getting erected that had no real point to them.

No
The Old West 1800s kids (The Old West) were more hardened and would probably laughed at them.

The Great Depression Kids rivals them though.

When I was in Civil Air Patrol as a 13 year old in the early 90's, they had us doing the confidence course at Fort Dix during summer encampment. This involves heights that could potentially kill you with no safety harnesses. This cuckening is a very recent phenomenon.

shadow angles are pointing in multiple directions.
it is almost like there was two suns when this photo was taken.. weird.

Attached: 356835685368.jpg (1200x1200, 234K)

I’m old enough to remember when those types of playgrounds were built because they were way safer than the playgrounds before them. Patterson Park in Baltimore City had a couple of those exact same playgrounds in it.

>You're referring to people who had their youth between 1900-1999?
Youth in the 80s/90s was rigorous yes but it was nowhere near the a Great Depression era. They children working before Child Labor Laws kicked. 1800s (outlaw age) wasn't soft era so that why I give it to 1hem

I remember doing challenges to see who would jump off the highest part of this playground set. I think someone jumped off the bumpy slide and fucked up their knee so we stopped playing that game.

Attached: jamisonmark4-3.jpg (640x640, 190K)

My 4 year old nephew cries because he gets water in his eyes. God, I want to hold his head under water until the bubbles stop but his mom would get pissed at me.

Its because the worlds full of psychopaths. Pedophiles and murderers and drug dealers and shit. Nobody wants to let their kids out. Kids dont even want to go out. They bury their faces in their phones and shit.

Yup, and if you couldn’t climb onto the roof, you were a little bitch.

That is weird

I did alot of manual labor when I was very young.
I started out working with my dad at 3.
When I was 7 I could pick my dad up

1800s (outlaw age)
Kid were stone cold hardened

1920-30s (Great Drepression)
Kids were in the troubles back then.
Working on labor jobs and chimneys.

That's my opinion

Kids back in the Great Depression were climbing roofs and chimneys and working to get paid. Let that sink in user.

>doesn't like water in his eyes
>puts even more water in his eyes as response

what a retard

Theres nose tree at right

Is it a panorama?

must have been a rich neighbourhood. all we had was stone to throw at trains a kids we didnt like.

Aha, I remember the teachers had to ban kids trying to get on the roof of the thing. Nobody ever fell trying that I can recall, but yes, it was possible if you had the balls to do it.

It could be achieved from the curly slide guard rails. I remember it was a fiberglass lid that sat on top of the cage, and if you got up there, you were like the king of the playground. You'd also go straight to detention for the rest of the week.

Attached: jamisonmark4-4.jpg (638x479, 125K)

>let that sink in
Fuck off onions nigger

They took at all the fucking swing sets at the local public schools. Kids are allowed to have just about zero fun outside anymore.

make a thread on /x/

that applies to adults too and is one of the reasons for whites low birth rates

>shadow angles are pointing in multiple directions
no they are not retard...look again

Yeah, I know, what’s wrong with that? I grew up in the 1970s, and it wasn’t uncommon for kids to work. It was a great time.

because the mortality rate was much higher so people didn't care as much if their kids died because, well, shit happens.

Personally, I'm happy living with first world safety standards. Maybe that makes me a pussy, but then again maybe the only reason we're having this conversation is because all the lead paint has rotted away your brains.

If you want your kids to grow up playing with construction equipment, go to China.

Attached: Chinese Takeaway.webm (640x360, 542K)

Piss off you softie Pussy,
Don't get upset your ancestors back in the 1800s and 1930s had more stone working and reproducing than your triggered ass.

They were tougher. Oddly that made them fucking stupid too because the baby boomers were handed the keys to the kingdom at its peak and there wasnt a single faggot out of 250 million faggots that said hey we better not fuck this up. What they said was hey let me wipe my ass with my kids and grandkids futures

I enjoy that era user, I grew up working as a child as well. Nowadays parents in tumhis current era would rather have their kids on iPhones instead of working.

Who’s the fag trying to relive his youth in here?

Of course. They did not have environmental testosterone blockers, toughness was something all boys were encouraged to aspire to, and their entire focus was on being tough and smart enough to compete with other men. Navigating the bullshit of women which takes 90% of the time, energy, and thought of today’s boys was not even a consideration.

lol, we had these in Baltimore City in the public park so there was no supervision. The problem is once niggers integrated, they would literally piss down the tube and other monkey tier shit. Whites stopped playing on them because of all the nigger piss. Niggers kept playing though.

The sun on that metal slide must be fun.

some of them were the rest died
it's supposed to be like that

That kid climbing the flagpole has a fucking mustache, you tell me

It was, it was a dare.

>baby boomers were handed the keys to the kingdom at its peak and there wasnt a single faggot out of 250 million
Boomers man,
I can understand this,

I am just old enough to have experienced some left over polished metal slides as a kid. You could fry an egg on those during the summer.

When I was a kid in the early 90s we had a huge field we got to play in behind the school at fecess, it probably extended half a mile. We’d always traverse to where the teachers were just little dots in the distance and get into all kinds of mischief. The field is still there but now the school has the playground fenced off just around the cemented part and the kids are all within an earshot of an adult distance, it makes me sad.

Yeah dude, niggers pisssed in ours too. They had to weld the tube shut because they were doing fucked up shit in there. I was already out of 6th grade when they did it. Funny that a kid falling down the tube didn't do it. But niggers shitting down it and leaving a disgusting mess at the bottom was the final straw.
Man, it's hilarious to me that you immediately picked up on that. During the hot days with lots of sun, the curly slide was a fucking skillet. I forgot about it until you pointed it out.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Attached: 83216694-F081-48F1-9800-6F8AE6846408.jpg (731x1008, 247K)

Attached: jamisonmark4.png (960x720, 1.27M)

And it makes me sick when people try to blab about niggers being human. Only people that didn’t grow up around them say that dumb shit.

That would never be allowed today.
Also, construction workers used to sit on the edge of cranes on top of skyscrapers to eat their lunch. Tougher? Sure. But there were a lot less rules and regulations too. At my work you can't even saw a piece of wood without wearing safety goggles.

No because they all died in WWI.

Look at that picture and tell me those young men weren't shelled, mustard gassed, or shot a decade and a half later

Used to do this a lot growing up in the 90's:
youtube.com/watch?v=FbZudrYHv1c
I heard this type of swing is uncommon and scary to the Westerners. Is it true?

You never forget those. These kids and their plastic shit will never know the pain of a metal slide on a sunny day.

oof this shit was 2 heavy 4 me

I just measured how far I could get away from teachers back when I was in elementary school. I don't know if it's still possible to get this far away, but it was when I was a kid.

1,700 feet, no fences. Just a huge fucking field that you could run around in . I bet they don't let kids do that shit anymore.

Attached: iridium_2019-03-24_09-05-55.png (1140x458, 1.17M)

Yes you had to survive a flu plague and polio to make it. Kids today are coddled by vaccines but antivaxxers will take them back to days of polio

kek

I grew up in the ghetto while they ran a train on my crack addicted mother and my dad was off smoking crack too. Some of the best times of my life

Back then you could harrass a kid and not wake up to a school shooting

We have them but they’re known as girl swings, so boys would never get on them.

the social welfare state is institutionalized dysgenics using the tools of medicine to thwart natural selection

Yup. Smarter too.

bants have just gotten better

Attached: 1531579201711.jpg (464x606, 29K)

>. Let that sink in
faggot

Can they make a full circle?

i remember chains and a piece of rubber

Yup, it was before gun free school zones. That’s what caused all the school shootings. Thanks Joe Biden!

Today's kids accomplishments are doing epic victory royale, flossind and killing ninja in fortnite.
Before, kids accomplishments were stealing an gun depot from nazis in a warehouse.

Ill take empty playgrounds for 1000 Alex...

Most likely. More physical activity would have made them stronger. HOWEVER they would be treated like mongs in modern society. Weak thumbs, bad at gaming and computers in general (making them unemployable), confused by modern social norms, swallowing every lie of the jew as if it's the word of God.

They have weak minds.

What ghetto? Crack was invented after the US became way safer.

What’s up Jow Forumsaks

I’m a 20 something year old who grew up in NYC. I’m going to nostalgia a little bit about my childhood growing up in Queens with all my block friends. Would love to hear about similar upbringings and what you guys think about the current state of children.

>middle school
>go outside in winter every day even if it was for 20 minutes walking around the block
>ride bikes all the time with block buddies
>play stop ball
>play manhunt with at least 13 boys and girls from the block
>play tag
>play hide and seek
>throw a baseball at a garage door full pitch hundreds of times a week
>duel with Yu-go-oh cards all the time. First fist fight with a much older kid was after he stole my Jinzo #7 holographic
>climb garages
>ride bikes through different neighborhoods and beef with other kids for the Spartan feel of it
>watch Saturday morning cartoons
>play tackle football on the street year round, winter was the best since the snow cushioned the tackling
>snowball fights constant
>watch the grundge dudes imitate wwe and wrestle at the playground while we talked about Dragonball z
>come home from the park sweaty after playing handball for 6 hours, take a shower, eat a sandwich while the family sat around the couch and watched Jean Claude Van Dam wheel kick someone’s jaw off

Maybe it’s the nostalgia or the disconnect from the middle school youth but I literally never see block or stoop groups anymore. It’s always two or three little cunts walking around in supreme shit blasting dirty music from their little pill speakers. Anyone grew up in a similar way?

Attached: 6DA66C3D-A8C6-4B0C-BAC4-E9AF4173408D.jpg (810x1024, 112K)

this is the 90's, safest time ever brother. one time I woke up to a shotgun pointed at my mother and I's forehead as we slept in the living room, they trashed the house looking for crack. don't miss those days

Yeah, we did it with real swings, it was much harder. Or we used the swing like your pick related that didn’t have a backrest, it was just a flat board.

>mfw when I’ll never be a real man because I didn’t have a shotgun pointed at my ass as a child
I guess it’s time to swallow the estrogen pill and become a tranny

>that kid that got sucked under the merry-go-round

Attached: mangina.jpg (400x322, 47K)

WTF
i smell some pizzagate shit.
it was originally posted by some guy on flickr, we should look into him.

Try growing up in NYC in the 1970s, they would say the same thing about you lol.

meh I've killed a man and that felt more manly than getting a shotgun pointed at your head by a crackhead who was twitchy. can't honestly say i would trade these life experiences.

Natural selection.

Not just kids.

Attached: lunch.jpg (1024x768, 206K)

I’ve killed 2 people. Funny thing is, I’m being dead serious. I beat both cases in court. Both were self defense. Another funny thing is both times I was arrested, I was at the station with no handcuffs on.

>tfw an American tourist kid uses the local slide and you are left with nothing now

Attached: index.jpg (254x199, 13K)

While I agree with your logic, one thing that everything prior to 2008 had was outdoor recreation amongst children. Keeping kids inside myself included even during the tame early 2000’s was very very hard for parents. I feel as the the addiction of media has completely changed youth society. It’s not just the danger that’s changed, it’s the entire foundation of youth upbringing. Future looks bleak honestly. The biggest fear I have for the future is not being able to access the outdoors unless you’re an elitist

except there was a fundamental change in 2000’s that differentiates those who grew up before and those after far more than anything that happened between 1960 and 1990 with 9/11, the internet, mobile phones and social networks.

>>ride bikes through different neighborhoods and beef with other kids for the Spartan feel of it
Man, traveling to other neighborhoods and getting into brawls with the kids there was hot shit. I remember only doing it a couple times. I had enough enemies in my own neighborhood. There was something so awesome about going on an expedition looking for a fight though. It felt so fucking REAL.

I remember having a kid hit me with a dowel rod, probably 5ft long, like a baseball bat. Left a huge red welt down my back that took days to go away. I swung back on him, grabbed it, and started stomping the shit out of him. My friends though I was tough as hell after that, but in reality, I was just in blind rage mode.

I carried weapons too. I had an obsession with the 1980s 'gangster', back when gang members could still be normal white blue collar kids. But the 90s and gangsta rap stole our warrior aesthetic from us, and tamed us.

A dustbunny is stronger than todays kids.

Crazy user, my case was clear cut self defense too and I never saw a day in court. he broke into the house and used a garbage can as a shield so I put some .22 lr hollow points into the trash can and he ended up bleeding out after running away not far from the house. they put me in handcuffs for a solid 4-5 hours while they searched everywhere looking for my other rifles that I didn't keep in the house. left a bad taste in my mouth but whatever

When I was a kid, there was no fence. We would climb on that thing wherever we wanted, and if we fell, oh well. Lesson learned. (this is not the one, just an example)

When I came back home in my 20's there was a fence around it. Fucking Liberals. Do you know how fucking fun it is for a kid to climb around a real train engine? Why take that joy away from kids?

Attached: train-park.jpg (585x390, 72K)

I wanna hear your story of killing people user. Tell plz.
Yours too bro.

today I learned that tigers are construction equipment
thank you user

Oh, I know. Even if you go back to around 2006, you would see tons of people playing basketball and shit, now the basketball courts are empty (other than maybe a few nogs). Social media and the internet really changed society.

>When I was in Civil Air Patrol as a 13 year old in the early 90's,
Did you run coke or dope?

Stabbed a wigger in his liver, he was a known gang member, so I beat it pretty easy. Stabbed a nigger in the neck in a bad part of town, he was trying to rob me. Beat that easy too, but this was all done in the 1990s, I doubt I would have beat the nigger killing so easy in today’s world.

boomers voted against good playgrounds and tore them all down.

>they had us doing the confidence course at Fort Dix during summer encampment.
I did that at 17, the one at Dix...I was in the real army though not some faggots running drugs.

For months and months I had this feeling someone was going to smash out my bay window and break in. Well finally that exact feeling down to the bay window was confirmed when some asshole broke in drunk swinging a hammer at my dog with one hand and a trash can in the other. foolishly I only kept a bolt action .22 in the house because I have little cousins but it ended up paying off because they never went to the barn to see my safes. finally ended up getting home from HQ to find my poor fucking dog was puddling blood all throughout the house because of the glass everywhere. anyone would have done what i did to be honest

That thing is a child meat grinder.

T. Gangly malformed bones