140,000 in debt

*Sigh*...
I graduated from a private university (3/4 of a year early no less) with 110k in private loans and 28k in federal... all this despite having a scholarship for 8k per semester... i have a mathematics degree, will be able to live rent-free, and my parents have said they will pay half (though i don't necessarily believe them) but despite all this things are looking very bleak...

Attached: jester.jpg (1000x743, 280K)

Mkay nuggets its seems like you might, key word might, have fucked up because your saying degree but what kind bachelors or masters?

bachelors... why would saying "degree" indicate I fucked up?

My bad if you think I said having a degree mean you fucked up, I meant you might have fucked up depending on the level of your degree but since it's a bachelors I think that you did fuck up unless you go further into education get a master and become a professor (you can do it if go into a ga at some university)

>math degree
get a programmer job, you already have the math background to be better than most programmers.

get some programming bootcamp experience.
CS is where all the money today is.

look up how to learn to code some ancient cobol code from banks, they have more money than common sense.
You can still make it.
Get a programming job.

lmao idiot

jobs in academia are incredibly tenuous right now... not to mention the fact that i would have to go around 5 or 6 years without any substantial income to get a phd...

They're saying you might've fucked up by sinking in 140g for a bachelors, and maybe less of a problem if that amount includes a masters.

I know people who sunk in more money on worse degrees and still made it out with a good job (and shaving off the debt) with a lot of hard work. Don't know anything about what a mathematics degree actually is supposed to land you career wise but your school should have a career advisor or office that you can talk to about that.

I am currently interviewing for some data analyst jobs... if that fails I will try to spend time learning how to program..

look up data science and machine learning stuff.

you already got the math background, learning to code is just basic shit on python if you're doing data science.

If not furthering your edu then go into programming man or do some hard ass labor like construction, carpenter, etc. Just something man because that debt can and will fuck you not just financially but mentally and there is not need to have another user down in the dumps

try this
>60k debt
>earn less than the most basic cost of living
>losing money every year
>all in the hopes of one day making more than it costs to live so i'm marginally better off than a slave
what a lovely jewish world.

Go work on an oil rig for a few years. 60k is easy.

I've got no parents no education no money no home and I'm a paranoid schizophrenic and I get around 500 bongs a month you should stfu with your first world problems

how do get a job at an oil rig with a liberal arts(english) degree

Just kys faggot zoomer

its not like i wanted this shit it was either that or share a room with 3 dudes and work at McJob

>i have a mathematics degree

YOU PAID 110K TO STUDY MATHS, WHICH DRAINED YOUR SOUL I BET. YOU COULDVE PAID 110K TO LIVE 5 YEAR S IN A ASIAN COUNTRY AND GET GOOK PUSSY. TOO BAD.

I have a girlfriend man, I don't want to get an STD banging 5/10s in Thailand..

You are in debt for a math degree. You literally PAID to WORK. You paid to drain your soul. You are pathetic. The only freedom you will experience is the swirl of an office chair, and it's all your fault.

God damn nigga chill out OP knows he fucked he doesn't need a reminder he needs fucking help or at least a half decent idea to fix this shity situation he is in

Apply? You don’t need a fuckin degree for that lol.

I'm in a similar situation ($7k and $6k in credit cards).

I would suggest finding a low tier job, to keep a roof over your head. Then go for a 6 month skills certificate, for something in demand (when I went in 13'-17' they talked about welding a lot, but I'm not sure if it's still in demand).

Also, be very mindful of your money. Your biggest culprit will be the lust to maintain your pseudo middle-class lifestyle. Which will drain your money faster than putting it in a fire pit.

Also, at wagecuck jobs, never overachieve. I've gone through it. The boss will take advantage of you in a heartbeat.

They will not be your friends. Only bystanders and competitors.

>$6k in credit cards
I'm there. Feels bad man. Been doing minimums, know I'm fucking myself over but it can't be helped. Always thought people who got in cc debt were stupid...turns out it can happen to anyone who has a series of bad luck. 3 months of rent on a credit card plus all my other living expenses and some medical expenses.

Jesus, OP. I really, really, really, really hope you're fucking lying and it is just a LARP.
If you were an exceptional student, have good writing skills and are creative as well good at memorizing things, try to get into grad school and go get a job in academia as well so that you can do AT LEAST a Master's degree in Math and teach in a community college in the midwest and try to get a Manager trainee job in a city of said region so that you could earn 70k/year and get experience on the only two fields you could work on.
But you better have some job experience/currently on a job and at least a 3.5 GPA on your belt, OP.

I don't know what to think if true, either I would get pissed off if it wasn't but I would be sad for you OP if it is.

Ohshit forgot to mention that you have to apply for a PhD so that the uni pays for your tuition, by the way.

Oh boy youre a dumbass. But you have a great opportunity on your hands when you live rent free.

Using this method, youll basically feel like youre in prison for 5 years, but you will be debt free within 5 years or less.

Get a job. Perferedly one that is related to your degree. Put your paychecks into savings/pay off towards your debt. Keep $100 of it each month for gas so you can drive to and from work. Dont spend your money on ANYTHING else. Not food. Not fun. Not anything extra. Only gas money or car related expenses necessary like renewing the registration sticker or whatever.

If you earn $25k a year after then you will have this debt paid off within those 5 yrs. But realistically speaking, you may earn a little less or a little more than $25k. The average autoshop mechanic earns $48k a year. You have an expensive degree so you better earn more than some measly car mechanic.

But you have to be strict and frugal. No spending on ANYTHING. All your money has to go to your debt. Let your parents know your plan.

Also since you wont have money to go out, you will be less likely to get hurt. So you save on medical bills for potential medical accidents.

500 bongs?