This guy that I have pretty strong feelings for (who doesn't feel the same way) sometimes belittles me...

This guy that I have pretty strong feelings for (who doesn't feel the same way) sometimes belittles me, makes me feel bad about myself but in a really covert way with backhanded compliments, snide remarks, laughing at me and then not explaining why, not listening to me when I speak, twisting my words to make me seem pathetic and narcissistic, etc etc etc. But even when he does that, he sometimes is kind and nice and affectionate. I can never know which side of him will come out

It's around 5am right now and I can't stop thinking about it and feeling bad about myself, it's such an uncomfortable feeling

What do I do to get rid of this toxic feeling? I guess drinking alcohol but it's too early in the day for that

Attached: d4b177a61d66ee4586a62c707ead51b1.gif (540x270, 2.67M)

Other urls found in this thread:

researchgate.net/figure/Formulation-of-Janes-Current-Difficulties-According-to-Fennells-1997-Cognitive-Model_fig3_257485136
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What do I do to get rid of this toxic feeling?

The correct question is "how do I get rid of this toxic person?"

baka senpai

I'm too attached to him to get rid of him.

But I've made progress by accepting that I can never change him or make him respect me. He has fixed ideas about me and whatever I say or do, he will twist to fit his ideas about me or simply ignore any evidence contrary to what he thinks of me.

I'm a very lonely person and I'd rather have a toxic person to talk to than no one but shallow acquaintances

I hope you got weebonized and you didn't actually type that

He is doing that redpill crap. Cut and run

Think of it this way OP. By continuing to cling to this abusive person you are denying yourself the chance to find someone who will actually care about you and treat you with respect.

Or you can just wait till he gets tired of you and drops you completely. You know deep in your heart that this is going to happen eventually.

test

You're right. I don't have the strength to stop clinging, I guess.

so you still have feelings for that asshole? are you a masochist or just an idiot? That's manipulative behavior, run. Alcohol isn't gonna help.

I think the thing that holds me back is the fact that he's an extraordinary person and it's unlikely for me to meet someone of his calibre again, although I'm sure they're out there somewhere

I wouldn't have anyone to discuss advanced topics with

I promise you, you can and you will if you try. It's pointless to stick around with someone you degrades you like that just because they're an "intellectual"

Mate he could be Mahatma Gandhi or something but if he treating you like shit you gotta move. You're hurting your chances of getting with someone who'll value you if you keep pining over this dude.

And what will happen if you get with him anyways? You'll get to ride him and he'll still treat you like shit. Move on, you don't want to be with someone who doesn't want you it just brings more grief down the line

Yeah. I guess it's time.

>What do I do to get rid of this toxic feeling?
Noone is responsible for your emotions but you yourself.
But you're a woman so I guess it's alright to just get validation from some other people and be done with it.

stop being gay

>Noone is responsible for your emotions but you yourself.

...Which is why I'm asking what I should do to deal with those emotions, not what other people can do.

You suggested drinking alcohol yourself.
While it's a good short term solution for your misery it wont really help in the long run.
Maybe try seeing things from a different perspective, I've always found asking loved ones for advice works wonders.
Maybe randos on the internet not so much

Don't really have loved ones to ask advice from, unfortunately.

You dont or you dont really?

I don't.

Not the other user but you should simply ghost him
You don't owe him an explanation for his toxic shotty behavior

researchgate.net/figure/Formulation-of-Janes-Current-Difficulties-According-to-Fennells-1997-Cognitive-Model_fig3_257485136

He might be insecure and immature within himself and doesn't know how to actually flirt with you. It might be the equivalent of the little boy who like stye girl but doesn't know how to express it because he is afraid so he pulls her hair or pushes her in the mud or something. The guy sounds immature and you can probably do better. Don't sell yourself short OP because if you will waste time that could have been spent finding someone who won't act this way and will give you the same feelings that you have for him.

Interesting

Nah, known him for years and he knows how I feel about him, we've talked about it