HRT

I really want to take HRT and be a girl, but my faith condones it.
I will feel terrible if I do this, but I will feel just as bad if I don't
How do I proceed?

Attached: 1200px-Vivian_-_Paper_Mario_The_Thousand-Year_Door.png (1200x1597, 328K)

Attached: condone-def-II.png (683x237, 28K)

>my faith condones it

So what's the problem?

YOU FUCKING KNEW WHAT I MEANT

IT DOESN'T

how about you kill yourself

Attached: ED32F219-8B5E-44FB-97DE-2349867B70D5.png (355x328, 141K)

Kill yourself right now, you'll save yourself a few years of pain

Do what every religious person did in history when they wanted to do something and the church wouldn't let them, become a schismatic and start you own church where it's fine.

I would've done that a long time ago but it's instahell if you do

I suggest you get therapy. You need to sort this out with a pro.

I'd also take a hard look at yourself and what will make you happy. If you are 6 2 with a 40 inch ribcage, you might want to give this up.

I mean, I feel you. I'd be a hot chick too if it was on the table. But I have short legs and a long torso. I could never be a hot chick. I'd put in all that effort and fall short.

Mutilating the body God gave you is even worse, faggot. Get the fuck away from the internet and this postmodernism that poisoned your mind and I guarantee you you'll be fine as a man

so is destroying the body god gave you, moron. you only want to be a gril because you hate yourself. work on yourself and learn to love yourself

This, OP. Self-love, Mental Treatment, and Therapy will get you through this crisis. It is not the time to resort to heretical acts like these.

faith aside, you WILL regret your decision down the line. you should do some research on vicitims of hormone treatments and where they are now. many of them say that they wish they had never done it.

OP, don't listen to these faggots, there is absolutely no way in hell that taking hormones is a worse sin than suicide. anyone who says otherwise has absolutely no understanding of Christianity. killing yourself is one of the worst sins possible, taking hormones (assuming it's a sin at all, which is debatable) doesn't come anywhere close.

also don't listen to this idiot. "everyone regrets it" is a meme, less than 5% of people who transition end up going back. right-wing clickbait sites just love to cherry pick those rare examples of "de-transitioners" and make it seem like they're the majority.

also, of the few people who do choose to de-transition, the overwhelming majority are FtM and started transitioning when they were in their teens. so basically as long as you're not a teenage girl who wants to be a boy because it's trendy, you'll probably be fine.

Attached: 9953a9b9639cd36a4531287cfdddc7d3.jpg (736x1106, 163K)

why do you want OP to transition and mutilate his body so badly? disgusting shill, fuck off

I don't want him to transition, I think he should get professional help and carefully consider whether it's right for him. but if it turns out he is trans (i.e. he actually has gender dysphoria, which is a fucking innate biological condition and not something you can just will your way past), then he'd be better off being able to transition without fear or guilt. despite what you edgelords think, it's possible for people to transition and still lead satisfying lives. it's certainly a better option than killing himself, or spending his entire life in a deep depression because of his dysphoric feelings.

transitioning is just indulging in his illness. he needs professional help, and there is no other option.

yes, he should see a certified gender therapist to determine if he actually has dysphoria or not, and then transition if he does.

>I think he should get professional help and carefully consider whether it's right for him
It's always the wrong decision. You don't help a schizophrenic by perpetuating their delusions, you don't help someone with body dysphoria by telling them they're right and could lose a few pounds, and you don't help someone with depression by agreeing that they have a good reason to be downcast. As with other mental illnesses, you shouldn't help the gender dysphoric by telling them they might actually be a woman in a man's body.

How on Earth could becoming dependent on drugs, losing the ability to have children, and cutting your dick off be right for anyone? And for what? A lifetime of misery, battling emotional complications, shelling out thousands and thousands for hormones, and a high chance of suicide anyways.

gender dysphoria isn't a delusion though, it's a neurological mismatch.

what you're saying is more like "you don't help someone with phantom limb syndrome by giving them a prosthetic limb!" actually, yeah, you do. it might not be as good as a real limb, but it's better than nothing. same applies for hormone treatments.

No, what I'm saying is
>You don't help a schizophrenic by perpetuating their delusions, you don't help someone with body dysphoria by telling them they're right and could lose a few pounds, and you don't help someone with depression by agreeing that they have a good reason to be downcast. As with other mental illnesses, you shouldn't help the gender dysphoric by telling them they might actually be a woman in a man's body.

Seems a lot different to me than what you said I was saying.

it's not a delusion in the same sense as those other disorders, that's my point.

if someone is schizophrenic and believes that demons are talking to them, that's a result of a neurological problem. there's a problem with their brain structure that's causing them to see and hear things that aren't real.

if someone is anorexic and thinks they're fat when they're not, that's a psychological problem. it doesn't result from a neurological condition like schizophrenia, it just happens because the person has convinced themselves of something that isn't true.

gender dysphoria is not like either of those things. when someone with gender dysphoria feels like their mind doesn't match their body, it's because there's actually a mismatch between the neurological structures of their brain and the hormone levels/anatomical structures of their body.

the closest analogy is phantom limb syndrome, where someone who lost an arm still feels sensation from that arm. is that a delusion? in a sense, but not in the same way as schizophrenia or anorexia. mostly it's a result of the brain reacting to the fact that something is VERY WRONG with the body. and no amount of psychotherapy will help with a disorder like that.

Really curious which faith doesn't allow transgender surgery. Can't think of anything in the Bible that disallows it.

Regardless , I wouldnt take hormones and I certainly wouldn't go under the knife.it. It's a permanent, irreverable change that often has terrible outcomes. Why do that to your body when you've got a perfectly good one right now? It's like extreme plastic surgery.