I'm 23 and still hasn't started a career for now. Is it rare to start your career at 26-27-28-29...

I'm 23 and still hasn't started a career for now. Is it rare to start your career at 26-27-28-29 ? Are their many other people that find their way and start at this age or am I really late ? Even for an Associate's degree ? I'm totally disgusted right now I just want to be reassured

Attached: 1492811659906.jpg (619x453, 28K)

23 is young. the important thing is that u do productive shit all day from now on. tv shows and vidya are for losers.

One of my classmates in med school is 35, so no.

Yes but med school doesn't count

Why?

Bunch of us are in our late 20s/early 30s on my physiotherapy degree

I was NEET at 23, and my parents kicked me out at 24. Had fucking nothing but clothes and one month rent paid at a sober living home sleeping on a top bunk 6 addicts to a room. I wasn't even an addict it was just a cheap place to put me. Had to scramble to find a job in a month to not get kicked out.

Anyways I'm 29 now and doing well in low level IT support.

No it's not too late, 23 is not old at all. When I was at uni there were 40+ year olds studying for career changes.

Plenty of people spend their early 20's drinking/traveling/not having a clue what they want to do and then start their career.

I want to get into IT just for the pay really. What do you think? Heard some guys making up to $150/hr

You're sure? It's not that rare to see people that never have started a career when they're around 25?

Because it takes many years and it's not for everyone it's obvious

This. If you're in your 20s you can still change just take your life seriously from now on.

lol well those would be high level dudes. I make 17/hr lel

I've gone to school with people in their forties and fifties. Not actually that uncommon. I know people who have had changed careers well after what most would call "middle-aged" - which anything even remotely near 30 is nowhere close to.

You're fine, OP. If you have any passion to do anything at all in life, then you run toward it, full-hilt, without any consideration of anything but that for which your heart beats and your blood flows.

Damn the torpedoes (i.e. self-doubt and the judgement of others): full speed ahead.

>23
>late
You know most people get their first job and internship at most at 21, right. Since there are some rich people's kids that are leeches to their parents until that age or even later sometimes.
Either way, what are you talking with an Associate's degree, do you have one or you mean you want to get one? Since if it is the latter, it is not too late for it given how many people want to change their careers; so if you're aiming for this path, PLEASE get an internship by your 3rd semester after learning some stuff in the trade or having important major courses before transfer like business majors and related.

I started going to school at 23 and got my degree at 27. I make 80k$/year at 29.
It's pretty neat. Relax.

$150/hr are top tier contractors or self employed

No company pays someone 150 an hour to manage a few servers or some help desk work. At my level you would get called any time of the night or day because if something happens you're the only guy who can deal with it.. even in that role you dont make $150/hr unless you're contracted and got super lucky somehow

Nobody makes that much unless you're are specialized in everything

Interesting. Well from what I remember this high level IT app and cloud consultant said $150/hr would be the absolute maximum and minimum being $22/hr. $150 is far fetched of course. Nevertheless this field still sounds like great money maker especially from what I’ve seen when these tech guys come in to our convention center here

Bro im 27, and wasted so much of my life being a criminal degenerate drug addict that now im making 15 an hour. I get by and am doing okay but for the rest of my life this isn't enough. I just barely started working on going back to school. Its not over yet buddy, just keep pushing. I had to do alot of shitshow jobs before I got where I am.

>wasted so much of my life being a criminal degenerate drug addict that now im making 15 an hour.

That's well-above minimum-wage in California, which is the most expensive state to live in as far as I know, so like you're still doing okay, user.

Capitalism is fucking terrible.

Have to laugh at the humblebrags from the materialists and capitalists fooled into thinking that working 40 hours a week in a job you hate just so you can enjoy the weekend and 10 years of retirement is a good way to spend life because it pays well.

Nope
Dude you can make $150hr and more but as a consultant not working for some 9-5 corp

Why do you think I had a mental breakdown... the corporate world sucks

How do you escape it? I honestly don't know if I'm smart enough or motivated enough to do it.

Assuming you would need years and years of experience first before becoming a consultant

Move over to a small island maybe. Plenty in the Caribbean

I'm 24 and Im about to start community college. Although I don't know whether to choose nursing or HVAC. I'm still an insomniac mess though, so nursing seems like my calling

you in america bro?

What else are you going to do with your time then? Working 40 hours sure beats being a NEET who plays vidya all day

no you are fine, some people get stuck in jobs fearing they cant get a career any more like me.

>The only alternative to wageslaving I can see is wasting away in front of a screen

Most developed countries literally have a crisis of meaning. Go actually make something with your hands, talk to your neighbours, organize a communal garden or some shit, look after your local forest, write poetry, etc., possibilities are endless, and so are opportunities to help.

Attached: post-17-1244330078.jpg (750x563, 140K)

I'm 29 with two degrees (one in medical biology and one in business). Still have no career and live with parents. Meanwhile brother who dropped out of high school and did apprenticeship makes 60K a year and hasnt lived with parents since he was 21

If you have those 2 degrees you should be able to at least get an entry level job. You're probably being picky and just applying for the 6 figure salary jobs

No I have a "job". But its very low level. I'm working in recruitment. What was the point of getting these 2 degrees to do such a brain dead low paid job?

i needd meaning in my life i work shit hours then have no motivation whenever i have time off