Why is it so hard to find a well paying job today...

Why is it so hard to find a well paying job today, i just graduated uni last week and got my degree in network engineering and have struggled to find even an entry level job because I need to start paying off student loans next month I’m 50 thousand in debt.

Attached: 0607FB8E-323B-45E0-B255-BE9CDDF7090F.jpg (960x720, 131K)

Remember kids: always go for an internship on your last year at most or else you're OP.

>internships aren't garbage.

>internship are garbage
Well, give me some proof that you're not going to fuck up the project worth more than your degree.

>I think my degree is worth anything
Ahahahahahaha

>last week
When did you start applying? I started after graduating (comp sci) and it took me like three months. I wasn't in a huge hurry, but still. Give it a minute.

Well I started applying in my final months of uni, landed one two internships in small tech companies but that wasn’t enough to help me out I guess and the reason I’m in such a rush is again I have student loans I have to pay back or I’m fucked for life it’s life and death you don’t understand.

lel. college is fucking retarded.

Aight well our company has a network... guy. Maybe not engineer. He talks about kubernetes and stuff so maybe he is. Idk.

But I bet a lot of companies are wanting somebody who isn't flaky and knows how to deploy a proprietary container-thing-orchestrator-cloud-mess with automated port translating firewall things. So hopefully you've done that in your basement enough to talk the talk. Put those buzzwords on your resume, act professional, move if you're in a small town, and you should be fine. Maybe. I dunno I'm drinking and procrastinating on starting a thread about my problems, because they're bullshit, and I need more beer. Furrkklrkl.

iktf. graduated 50k debt, 3 years of "working" and the best I can hope to get is 25/hour, BEST. last job got me 22. most jobs want to give me more like 18. minimum wage is 15. i don't know what the fuck any of this was for, i'm so angry i could ... just fuck this, fuck it all, this is fucked and i just don't know what the fuck to do. i'm just going to live in poverty my whole fucking life i guess.

our generation is mathematically fucked. jobs pay half as much inflation-adjusted as they used to and we have far more expenses.
>muh smartphones
I bought a phone 6 years ago for $150. My rent every month is ten times that. i almost never eat out, barely get to drink, and only have tea or water as a beverage. we shouldn't be racing to the bottom to compete with soviet russia on who can live in the most poverty to stack a few extra pennies. tired of posting it, ask Jow Forums and they'll post the charts. its mathematically demonstrable that we're being fucked up the ass. i think about suicide every day. I will NEVER have a job that gives ANY PTO OR BENEFITS, I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PAY THE DEBT OFF, I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO OWN A HOUSE. I DID A BORING HELL OF A MAJOR BECAUSE IT WAS "RESPONSIBLE" AND STILL GOT FUCKED. I COULD HAVE GONE FOR FINGERPAINTING IF I WAS GONNA GET FUCKED EITHER WAY.
fuck off
>all internships were not only a two hour drive away, they all wanted experience and time i didn't have

dude 22 an hour is fucking good man. is the job at least relaxed where you can sit around shitposting or something

I make money scamming and im investing all my money into business ideas and shit while learning to do business I could never do that college shit but at least youll move up and guaranteed 20 dollars an hour jobs

25 dollars an hour 8 hours a day 5 days a week is a lot of money dude...

There are plenty of jobs out there that pay modestly. If you want more than that, earn it. It should be hard to convince a company to give you a lot of money.

>is the job at least relaxed
No. they drive you like a wageslave, your ass is on the hamster wheel every minute of the day. 22 is shit, i didn't take on 50k of debt to make 22/hour. i have to live in a big city for that, and shit is expensive here. the same job in a bumfuck nowhere town would only pay 15/hour.

it's 40k a year, that's shit money. it's garbage. do you understand how much city rent costs? jobs used to start at the equivalent of 50-60k/year for this kind of work. i get NO BENEFITS or anything. i don't even have health insurance. i've never taken a vacation. eveyr day i work is torture, by the end of the day i'm exhausted and miserable and feel like assaulting someone for stress relief.

>There are plenty of jobs out there that pay modestly.
No there arent. Like 80% of jobs in america do not support a middle class lifestyle

"Modest" is not synonymous with "middle class." It literally means small.

Pray andrew yang or AOC bail you out

>22 and hour is good
*sips*

Maybe it was good in 1980

>tfw make $22 an hour in fast food
Not sure why you would put yourself in mad debt for a chance at a high paying job, the lottery seems safer
But ok

>Muh internships
College isn't worth it anymore my boomer friend

In denmark? Fast food pays like shit in america

Nah
A different nanny state

22 an hour is good in some places. Like here the economy is a fucking wreck because my state has been considered the literal most corrupt state in the us by some measures, so 22 an hour is pretty good. It's not fuck you money, but its still nice.

You are supposed to, you disgusting prole.
You are a evolutionary failure.
In other age you would had died before reaching puberty.
You aren't supposed to reproduce, you aren't supposed to live.
You are a mistake, you are a subhuman, and it's our fault too for realising it way too late.

22 in cali is like 10 in missisisipi

That was my point yes

Here 22 an hour is double what teachers make. Which again, isn't fuck you money, but definitely enough to support yourself.

>Why is it so hard to find a well paying job today,
Old people refusing to retire or die off.

Lol thats crazy. Teachers in cali make 40 dollars an hour at least

Two things to remember:
1) Economies of scale
2) Louisisana is bottom 5 in education in every positive category, including paying teachers

and our schools suck regardless

Boomers fucked up the economy so that millennials are screwed. Have fun.

Bump

lol burgers, should have been born in a country with free education.

Attached: HorribleSubs_Hitoribocchi_no_Marumaru_Seikatsu_02_720p.mkv_snapshot_06.40_2019.04.13_07.34.39.jpg (1280x720, 349K)

Wtf no we dont
It depends on:
1. Your degrees. If you have the basic bachelors then dont expect anything above $25. The more degrees you have, the more the state is legally obligated to pay you per degree. My coworker is the art teacher at our public high school. He has pretty much a phd in art. Its not a phd but something similar. I forget what he said it was called. HE makes like $40+ an hour. I dont and im a science and math teacher.
2. Your seniority also determines your pay. The longer you have worked in a specific school district then your pay gets raised every year after you hit the 8 year mark. If you havent hit 8 years, then not only do u get paid shit but you are always at risk of getting laid off. If you work like up to age 65+ after 15 yrs of teaching then the state starts offering you "golden handshakes" to leave because they cant legally fire you and keeping you on is expensive as fuck for them.

Also if you become a public school teacher at ANY level, prepare to pay for a lot of shit out of pocket. The district doesnt give you SHIT.

Also this is for California teachers at public schools.

There is big demand for skilled network engineers, however you need to get the relevant certs. Get all those cisco certs to be very employable.

Its because people hire who they know. Friends, family, what ever. Its also shitty management who dont reward hard work any more.

I'm pursuing a bachelors degree in business economics and when i graduate i can expect to make 30-35k in my first full year of working. You're complaining about 40k? 40k for someone who is fresh out of university sounds not bad at all.

LAST WEEK? The average job hunt takes 6-12 months. Come back next year to cry

>falling for late stage capitalism

Let’s rob the fed

they dont want a date. All they want is. See hoy many matches they get

It all about ego boost

How the fuck is op supposed to get cisco certified if the shit is like 10 to 15 thousand dollars only putting himself into more debt?

>refusing to retire

Huge factor there. A neighbor retired last year, got bored, so what does he do? Get a side job for a local company, earning almost 1000€/month for working 3 days/week.

A dude with a paid off house, savings from over 40 years of being in the workforce, never went to a vacation, and a cheap housebitch who not only never goes shopping, she cooks as cheaply as possible.

This dude got a well paying part time job in a fucking uni town economy students would probably kill for. Fucking die already boomers.

Stuff like this honestly depresses me.
I still live with my parents as a neet at 22 and furthermore I live in california so it really feels like I have no hope. There is no hope for me to get a job and make enough money to live by myself and not have to juggle bills where one fuck up means my car gets repossesed.
I really dont know what to do.

Attached: Shub-Niggurath.jpg (400x550, 67K)

Same

Find a startup, im making 58k right after i got a shitty Comm degree.

Yeah, fuck the private sector. I'm definitely going to shoot for using the degree I'm working on to be a military officer.

Oh no! It's only been a week for you!

Try coming back when you've tried for four years and still only have a job that pays $10/hour

>be ausfag
>drop out of school at 16yo
>undertake 4 year electrical apprenticeship
>earn more than an intern after a year
>earn $35 straight out of time as an apprentice
>still get looked down upon from college/unifags because "muh prestige" despite their crippling student debt
>own a house 20 years before any of my peers that went to uni and my only debt is a mortgage

There's a reason why my family has worked blue collar jobs for generations. We stay humble yet get much further ahead. The education system has swindled you into thinking college/university is the be all end all and uses classism and social image to put you in debt; often times because the teachers themselves are still paying off theirs.

Edit: $35 an hour, with overtime rates after 8hr shifts and on weekends

Don't give up OP. You honestly might have to move if you can't find something in your area. Also find IT recruiters around you, they'll help you.

>$22/h is bad
Holy hell I must be doing something wrong then.

Go to the department of labor or an employment agency.

Fuck you for making me rage when I'm making $13 and there's faggots like you complaining about $22 dollars. Go kill yerself.

He might live in a higher cost of living area...

If you don't have the ingenuity or any talents just go to the military and become an officer. You'll start out making 50k right off the fucking bat if you pass all the test n shit.

But if that's too big of a task just start your own business online. The days of slaving away and making someone else richer are fucking over. We have the internet to promote ourselves no longer do we need some big company to promote us. There's so many ways to make money online it's not even funny but people are still stuck in that old mentality of working and getting a job. This is the new age. A new era my friend go out their and hustle your ass off.

I doubt it. I visit many wageslave threads and theres always a few faggots schreeching about how they hate their job making 50k a year when i'm wageslavin working 7 days a week and can't even afford a hooker to lick my wounds. And if he's dumb enough to live past his means then hes a dumbass that should still go kill himself.