Dealing with a workplace rejection/awkwardness

I started working at this place, developed a crush on a coworker, hung out at a couple of work things, thought we got along well, I got myself into shape with the plan of asking her out. When her contract ended, and she wasn't working there anymore, I got her number and she gave it to me enthusiastically.

I asked her out, got ghosted for days until I'm assuming out mutual friend told her she had to reply. Turned down. Not the end of the world.

But she just got rehired, and now I constantly feel awkward at work because we work in super close proximity to each other. She's still gorgeous and I can't help but feel uncomfortable and a little bitter.

How do I get over this?

Attached: 499B3577-5BFD-4492-A457-4D6051F2964C.jpg (1080x1347, 269K)

Find someone else.

>How do I get over this?
By accepting its not a big deal. You pretend it never happened she pretends it never happened nobody else knows, you test each other with typical office cordiality, and it's all fine

It's really hard for me to find anyone. Actually shortly asking her out I did start going on some dates with another girl, but she sucked. Got another girl's number and for some reason she just disappeared on me.

Point is, it's not easy to find someone -- this is the first girl I've liked in three years. No idea when I'm gonna find a way to meet another anytime soon.

I mean, it's probably not a big deal to her, she doesn't avoid me or anything, but I'm still in full schoolkid crush mode over her.

This is how I feel in the office. Luckily I'm off for 5 days, but she literally now sits directly across my desk, close enough for me to touch her face with my hand while sitting.

Attached: 825E1F7F-D697-4B89-9442-EF5552354253.jpg (599x804, 44K)

If you don't like virtually any women you encounter over the course of years, the issue is not with the rarity of suitable women. It's that your judgments based off of practically zero knowledge about them are unfounded and self-defeating. You are your obstacle.

Maybe so, but honestly, I don't feel like I meet that many attractive girls that I build chemistry with. I have lots of girls that have been interested, but they're normally chubby or boring as all hell.

I'm on dating sites and every girl is boring as a rock. Hell, I wouldn't have given this work girl a second thought if I met her at a party in one night, but getting to know her at work over time made me fall hard.

I don't know how to fix that. I wish life was like school was, where you had a couple weeks/months to be in the same environment as someone and get a feel for them. I never see someone I want to hit on in public, and I've already dated or rejected all friends of my friends to the point where there's no point in getting set up.

I've never seen test used in this capacity. Where did you see it used that way?

You're judging people based off a blurb on the internet.

Rank my boringness on a scale of 1-10, having read about as many words from me as you do on an OKC profile. Then ask how much you actually know about me. Are you starting to see where I'm coming from in suspecting self-sabotage here? You sound outright motivated to find reasons to exclude opportunity.

Avoid her and hope you don't make her uncomfortable enough to go to HR and get you fired.

Oh, uh, I meant they're boring after talking to them. Not just a blurb. If the only kind of conversation a girl can have is "oh how was your weekend" or "hi there :)" and can't even be slightly funny, entertaining, or answer questions I'm asking with some kind of interesting answer, what's the point?

The last girl I went on those dates with was like the most milquetoast person you'll ever meet. She was never really doing anything besides sitting around with her dog, going to the park, making dinner, or going to work.

It also doesn't help that I'm 32. Most single girls my age are pretty set in their routines and careers.

I'm not against dating younger, it's just not easy to find younger.

HR actually came to ME to ask if I was okay with her getting rehired, I'm in no danger here. We're a smaller business, I'm at no risk here. I'm also not a weird uncomfortable person by any means.

This is more about me and my feelings, not really anything on her end.

You've never heard of testing people('s boundaries)?

First off.. Your not married right?..
2nd... Ignore the cunt don't watse your time. Move on to new and better things dude

Not married. It's hard to ignore her, she's right in my face though, 8 hours a day.

>what's the point?
If you don't try something else, nothing is going to change.

Try doing the "wrong" thing once, instead of dwelling in the same situation which compelled this post.

Ohhhh. For some reason I was reading it as
>you [continue to treat] each other with typical office cordiality,

I've been trying really actively since this girl rejected me... but nothing has been working. Pretty frustrating. Open to ideas, haha. It's not like I don't have an active social life though.

Just be cool, don't make it a big deal. :)

Try to replicate the situation where you found her? Maybe there's more like her.

You might have to leave your job, since this sounds like a potential sexual misconduct case in the future.

It's generally a bad idea to flirt/date coworkers.

I'm in the same boat as this guy. I meet women who are physically attractive but almost always when they open their mouthes I lose interest. I don't know why this is. Everything from the speed at which they talk to the esy they walk and how often they do or don't smile, I find fault in. I meet a couple girls I like in a year maybe but that's it.