I think everyone is stupid except me

I think everyone is stupid except me.
What's wrong with me?

Attached: 1528877333953.png (1034x1044, 1.98M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're stupid

Basically you're sheltered. Or pretty deluded.

You're stupid

I think only "stupid" people think like this. Unironically.

Be more open-minded and try to see things from other peoples perspective.

Just objectively check your intelligence compared to actually smart people?

Is your IQ over 130 on a real test?

Have you achieved far more academically than your peers? I.e. are you in an Ivy League at 15? Do you have your own business? Are you making bank on stocks?

If not, it's just delusions of grandeur and it's gonna hurt when that bubble bursts if you let it go too long.

Everyone feels this way at some point. Yes even those that you think are absolute retarded normies think everyone around them is dumb. I'm certain some of them even think you're stupid.

For example, i think a lot of people around me are dumb because I might know a lot more about Western art music than them, but I guarantee they all think I'm dumb as a rock because I'm a social autist.

You're an asshole

I think only stupid people think like THIS. I already know other peoples perspectives. All of their thoughts are banal and uninformed. You're saying I'm stupid because I think others are stupid, but I'm saying right now that you're stupid because you think thinking other people are stupid is somehow an act of imbecility... I think the fact that you regard your average person with this much credibility is indicative of your own comparable intelligence to them.

The solution is to surround yourself with people who are undeniably smarter than you.

I have a decent IQ and went to prestigious schools. I had the tendency to think I was right about things more than others growing up. Then I started spending time with scientists, academics, entrepreneurs, artists, etc. who are so much more creative and successful that there's no way to rationalize myself into some sense of superiority. I'm just in awe of them.

I think that's what you need to do. It's humbling.

>All of their thoughts are banal and uninformed.
Like the "normal people are so stupid, maaan" idea? If you weren't a brainlet you wouldn't even waste energy on that shit and use your big brain to accomplish something you want.

What would that be? Some job? A career? Any number of stakes in this game of illusions and spectacles we call life? Why is material accomplishment a high goal? How is life anything but a game you play to keep on playing? How is society anything but a shared delusion mediated by symbols and simulacrum? Industry, economy, the objects they produce...
How is it smart to actively participate in a delusion, but not smart to abstain from it?
Do you think the notion of a mass delusion is wrong? How so?

To me it seems like any refutation of what I'm saying is necessarily going to be an anti-intellectual one rather than anything categorical. I.e you can't actually prove me wrong all you can do is say I'm being silly and refer to my societal status as an indication of why I'm wrong when in reality it's just an extraneous detail...

>Do you think the notion of a mass delusion is wrong? How so?
You're the one who proposed it, so feel free to actual present a convincing argument first.

>What would that be?
What point would be there to tell a person who supposedly isn't as dumb as others what they are supposed to want?
>Why is material accomplishment a high goal?
You tell me, no one suggested it is.
>How is life anything but a game you play to keep on playing?
Unless you are addicted, you don't play a game to keep playing it.

Fpbp

You remind me a lot of myself. Maybe you just surround yourself with stupid people so you've developed a pessimistic outlook on others. That was my problem at least.

My outlook on people in general changed when I stopped underestimating other peoples intelligence, and became more willing to learn from them and share better ways of doing things, without treating them like idiots. And I've got a 150 IQ buddy. People are only as dumb and as intelligent as you think they are. Except for in extreme cases.

You must be 18 or older to post

Mommy and Daddy lied to you your whole life. You are not a special gift from God. You are not unique. You are not the chosen one.

Get out of your safety bubble that you've been bubble-wrapped in your whole life and see the world. You'll quickly learn how little you know.

Attached: a.jpg (779x768, 97K)

listen to him op

You're a narcissist with a superiority complex

FPBP

Fuck off, OP. You're an idiot.

This. /Thread

Your stupid

Nothing wrong. People are fucking stupid. That includes Doctors and judges, teachers and city officials. But what you may not have discovered is that you are not alone. Give the guy at the gas station a chance. Some people are right there with you. I've worked around idiots for years and finally get to talking with them and find out that we are more on the same page than I thought. I bet you know someone who is a lot more intelligent than you realize.

I mean, /thread. It was over here; everything else has been bonus material.

Maybe is true and OP is surrounded by stupid people. If that is the case, then just change your environment.

your faults are being projected onto others via your narcissistic perspective.

How old are you? I seriously overestimated myself before I went to college and then started my career. Then I realized I wasn't as smart as I thought.

What makes you think you are so smart? I know you think you can predict people's thoughts or whatever but what evidence do you have for that? Can you actually put that ability to the test can get results with it? Did you score very well on standardized tests?

If you're so damn smart figure it out yourself lmao

I have the exact opposite problem. I think everyone else is smarter than me.

Attached: 1542831384381.jpg (1600x1587, 133K)

It is probably, actually, a very similar problem.

Is everyone smarter?

Attached: 1555476522450.jpg (326x326, 8K)

Not at all. Some people are good at faking intelligence. A good example is a large amount of managers and supervisors misusing the word "myself." It is a bigger word than "me" and makes idiots think that you are smart. "Any questions, please see Linda or myself after the meeting." The only myself you can see is in the mirror. Another way to look smart is just stfu and people will always think that you are in deep thought.

think im smart because ive read marxist literature since i was a lil kid and this made certain difficult concepts very easy for me to understand meanwhile everybody else is a normie faggot with stunted brain and thinks in terms of platitudes very much like platos definition of the mass man and how he says you're either a philosopher or a mass-man, meaning you're either engaged in critical thought and see shit through that lens generally speaking, or you're just doing shit based on some imperative that you havent thought too hard about... gesturing to the wind... most ppl naturally fall into the latter category and plato held this to be true in his day... is plato stupid for thinking this? I know one of u losers probably has something to say about the theory of forms and thats why plato's stupid blah blah whatever... most people don't know anything and this is the raw fuckin truth of the world, and the only reason to disagree is if you're one of the stupid ones and feel duly offended because you implicitly know that it's YOU who I'm talking about and that pisses you off, so u just cant wait to call me a smart aleck or whatever else you need to say to shore yourself up in the face of an insult that is quite frankly only insulting insofar as it is true...

Attached: Alexej_von_Jawlensky_-_Verwunderung.jpg (1362x1797, 564K)

Autism

Not OP. I actually HAVE scored over 130 IQ on a professionally administered test and was the valedictorian at my high school of over 200 people. And even I don't think everyone is stupid except me. No matter how smart you are, most people know more than you about something. A chemist knows more about chemistry than you. An avid reader knows more about literature than you. A musician knows more about music theory than you. Even a fast food worker knows more about food preparation than you. You need to realize that almost everyone has something you can learn from them. Thinking you already know everything there is to know and you can't learn from other people is a great way to become an arrogant fool that never learns anything and stagnates in life.

Yeah. Thats how shit is. Do you not understand what is dumbass about marx? You know that that is perfect world thinking and the world isn't and will never be perfect right? Plato's cool enough but also realized the limits of hos ideals. A lot of people aren't most people. You don't have the balls to explore humanity. Just talking shit.

>Not at all. Some people are good at faking intelligence. A good example is a large amount of managers and supervisors misusing the word "myself." It is a bigger word than "me" and makes idiots think that you are smart.
Or maybe they just don't know the proper grammar and think that's correct you highly autistic fuck.

>don't know something
>think wrong is right
Stupid?

That's not faking intelligence, fucking autist. They just don't know that they're wrong. If you think having tiny gaps in your knowledge means you're stupid then you need to grow the fuck up, loser.

You speak from lack of life experience or you would instantly recognize my point instead of missing it altogether. This ain't about you. Fuck off.

You made no point. All you said in response to someone asking if everyone is smarter is 'some people misuse words to act intelligent' when all it really stems from is some small misunderstanding that you derived a bigger meaning from. You're dumber than you think, and if you use something as small as the misuse of a word to claim someone is dumb, then you're insecure as fuck.

You don't need me to look like an idiot. Knock yourself out. I don't know where you hang but, this isn't our personal fighting arena. Or a stupid opinion contest.

I don't think you are wrong in that most people do things with out really thinking about them, but I will say that a lot of intelligent, interesting people do that too for various reasons. For example, maybe their car has broken down. Rather than fixing it themselves by doing the research and ordering parts, they pay someone else to do it or just scrap the car. Doing these things doesn't make them any less of a critical thinker as a whole, it just means that car repair isn't something they care about. It's very hard to get to know people if you assume that they are stupid. You'll end up overlooking a lot of cool people.

Also, it's a lot harder to get helpful answers from people if you call them stupid. Just saying.

>Rather than fixing it themselves by doing the research and ordering parts, they pay someone else to do it or just scrap the car.
Sounds like a rational choice. An intelligent person would make way more money in the time I'd took to do the alternatives than it'd take to pay someone who doesn't value their time as much.

Maybe you're right. Maybe the people in your circle are kind of stupid. Maybe it's time to cast a wider net.

See

So they can fucking google it considering their phone carries internet connectivity and fits in their pocket beside their wallet and a pack of gum.

Why are you so triggered, man?

Most people are fucking stupid, user. I feel like I'm trapped in a zoo exhibit with a bunch of apes. But smart people do exist, they're just extraordinarily rare. Bell curve and all that. I can talk to maybe 1 in 100 people as an equal, at best, and it's always been this way. Just ignore it and get online friends, you might find 2 or 3.

everyone else in thread is a seething brainlet who got called the fuck out. not my fault you guys were on formula instead of breastmilk.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Pbb you're just stupid and see yourself in ppl.

You found the solution. Now tell me why they would google something they don't know they're doing incorrectly.

That guy wasn't me but you do seem a bit triggered. It is ONE OF MANY examples of idiots trying to make others feel dumber. Native speakers know how to use those words correctly by the time we are around seven years old. You will see that people in position to rule over others have intentionally learned to misuse them after they first learned to correctly use them. Observation will show you that I am correct. There is no need to argue. Go and see. I prevented the bump. Please do likewise if you feel compelled to reply.