Need a co-signer for my student loans

So I posted a thread a few days back about how I need $12k to pay off my tuition and dorm fees in order to get the Master's degree I earned, but I'm not eligible for any loans without a co-signer and my mom couldn't co-sign because her credit is bad. Everyone basically told me I was fucked and may as well just kill myself now.

But I was wondering, can I get a stranger to co-sign my loan for me? If I offer to pay them something like 5-10% of the money I get, do you think anyone would be willing to do it, or would the risk be too high for them? (Total loan is for $20k, should leave $8k leftover after all the school fees so I can spare $1-2k.) Would I be opening myself up to getting scammed by doing this, or is the risk just on their end? How could I find someone like this? I'm really desperate and this seems like my only option at this point.

Attached: 9b0cd27e16283722b715bb902259adb9.jpg (452x517, 33K)

You know the role of the co-signer right? They’re someone with good credit who will be responsible for your debt if you can’t pay it. I doubt any stranger will be dumb enough to co-sign your loan.

You could start applying in your field with the stipulation the employer pays off your loan.

Maaaybe user could convince a parent of a good friend but yeah.

Seriously, the only way i'd sign for OP is if we rented a place together and he agreed to wash the dishes and give the occasional bj. That's all i want kek and my credit is in the 800s

I have no skills and no training. The only jobs I'd be qualified for that pay more than minimum wage are teaching and academic work, and I need to have my degree for those.

>Seriously, the only way i'd sign for OP is if we rented a place together and he agreed to wash the dishes and give the occasional bj.
I'm a 30+ year old woman with a high-functioning autistic spectrum disorder, no one would even be interested in that.

Women dont post here, you're not fooling anybody

You have no other family besides your mom that you could ask?

No, she's the only family I have left. I don't have many friends either, and the few friends I do have are all other people in their late 20s/early 30s with a ton of student loan debt and terrible credit. I don't know any of my friends' parents either, so that seems like a very long shot.

The risk is on whoever co-signs for you. We know nothing about your work ethic, behavior, or emotional platitude. Someone who runs to Jow Forums for help when the chips are down isn't a bastion of self-esteem. You're fucked and gonna have to man up dude

I have a 4.0 GPA if that makes a difference.

drop your email

>I have no skills and no training. The only jobs I'd be qualified for that pay more than minimum wage are teaching and academic work, and I need to have my degree for those.

why is this not an option?

especially if youre 'high functioning', punctual, and at least somewhat mature, there are many places that will pay (slightly)more than minimum for entry level jobs.

Why can't you tough it out through some financial difficulties? You're so close, why is suicide justified here when you could have this knocked out within a year, AND the self satisfaction of doing it yourself?

i don't understand the problem, OP

[email protected]

It just seems hopeless because I can't save up any money, I just barely make enough to cover food and rent every month.

okay.... where the fuck is your money coming from now?

(and not that its relevant, but whats your masters?)

Attached: okayyyy.jpg (164x174, 24K)

I work at an ice cream store for minimum wage. Sometimes I do odd jobs on the side for extra money, like giving out fliers on the street.

I have a BA in History and I'm getting a MS in Anthropology. My only skills are studying and essay writing, and I absolutely hate interacting with people, standing in front of a class and talking about a subject I know is the only social situation that I feel comfortable with. A career in academia or a lifetime of minimum wage drudgery seem like pretty much my only options.

well, depending on where you live, you can jump from an ice cream store to something else more than minimum. Unless you're in a deep-blue voting state, then its tougher but still possible.

Quiktrip and Racetrack start around $10/hr and you're doing plenty of the same shit you do now. (higher than 30 states mw)

Sorry, OP, it just seems like you got set on a track in academia, and are just wilting at the slightest of off track resistance to finishing the masters, asking someone else to take your financial responsibility when you could definitely take it on yourself, it would just be difficult.

the other stuff, make a new thread about being dissatisfied with your educational choices. thats a separate discussion worth a volume on its own.

I'm not dissatisfied with my academic choices at all. I'm just very upset and discouraged that I'm being denied my Master's over what amounts to a technicality. Granted, it's a $12,000 technicality, but it's still incredibly frustrating and disheartening.

>Getting two degrees that pay peanuts
>Expecting strangers to co-sign when you have little career prospects
>Expecting to get a career in teaching anthropology without any serious interpersonal experience
Sorry m8, but it looks like you fucked up all around

I feel you, for sure. Definitely sucks. but OP had talk of suicide in it.

Really? Suicide over $12k? Something you could shit out in a year now that you can work full time or even overtime?

How bad do you want it? Bad enough to do 8 years, but not enough to finish your financial obligations for another year?

come on. gird your loins woman

Attached: Courage_Wolf_Going_Through_Hell.jpg (553x553, 59K)

Exactly this. I don't think you know what cosigner actually means.

Once someone cosigns your loan, you can just walk away from it and stick them with the bill. It's equivalent to saying "please pay my loan for me".

People don't have good credit by making bad decisions like trusting a stranger.