Herpes - suspicious about cause

Hey Jow Forums,

I have my first genital herpes outbreak, likely caused by my girlfriend.
Now I don't want to make a big fuss about it, since HSV can be banal, but I still am a little suspicious around it.

She has had cold sores in the past (oral), but has had no partners before we started dating, which implies she picked it up at home through a vector. The problem is that the virus that causes oral herpes can also cause the genital variant. Since she was a virgin, we resorted to oral sex only and likely this infected me. Five months after our first time oral, only NOW I have an outbreak. I never had any form of outbreak (oral or genital) before, nor have I ever had unprotected sex.
Is there a way to find out whether I got it from her? If so, how come it only breaks out now despite us having had plenty of oral sex with each other for months?

Attached: 1525493173602.png (506x506, 311K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_herpes_simplex
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Imagine willingly licking herpes infected puss

Its over cuck may aswell kys now

Herpes stays in the area where the infection occured, meaning you can't give your partner genital HSV1 if she already has it around her lips.

This straight up is false. Many people now a days get herpes from oral sex. What you're saying is true
>herpes stays where the infection occured
but you're applying it wrong. OP never had herpes, so his original herpes infection would happen at his dick. What you're saying is more about self-innoculation, which doesn't happen with herpes.

>Is there a way to find out whether I got it from her?
There's no exact science to it. If the only person who has touched your dick with their mouth is your girlfriend and she also happens to have HSV-1 and you suddenly have HSV-1 after months of unprotected oral sex with her, she's likely the person who gave it to you.

>If so, how come it only breaks out now despite us having had plenty of oral sex with each other for months?
This is a more interesting question. She may have not been infectious during those times, especially if she has had it for years. I got it from a blowjob as well but I was seeing that guy on and off for a few years. He never knew he had it, and we made out many times prior, but I never got it orally. Some people can shed the virus, which means they are infectious at the time without any visible sores. That may have been what happened.

OP here. I can't "bounce" the infection to my partner's genitals then, correct? Since she already has my strain?

Is there a way to find out which type it is? I read that hsv1 on the genitals is less likely to reoccur than hsv2.

Absolutely not true. Hsv can shed without any signs of activation and can stay dormant for years before the first ob.

Yes you can. I have HSV1 both genital and oral. I had it orally for 7 years but I was not careful enough and I recently passed it to my genitals. It absolutely does happen (no sexual contact and swabs confirm it’s the same type )

So you can self-"germinate"? Were you immunocompetent when that happened?

No, I’m healthy it just happens sometimes

Why would you ever have physical contact with someone who was already diseased? Retard.

See

Damn, sorry to hear. The govt articles I read up since yesterday all stated that giving yourself the same strain of herpes somewhere else is very rare, but I guess it happens, tough luck.

Diseased? You mean 80% of the population, user?

Yeah it’s supper annoying when people are like “ no you have it so you’re immune” because that’s just not true

>80% of the population
That’s bs. You can’t include Africa and India into those stats.

80% of the US population, which I assume is a western country. European states probably have the same prevalence. Herpes simplex is incredibly common.

still bs. If it was that common then they wouldn’t teach to be careful of STDs. 80% would mean every few people you meet has it. Which is bs. I only know 1 person who has herpes, and it’s because he got it from a lying Tinder thot

Implying everyone who has herpies tells you about it implying cold sore cream adds aren’t shown on tv because of its prevalence
Ya ok.

>t. Retard

> government statistics lie about disease prevalence
Come on now, that's a little far-fetched.
And yes, nearly everyone has it, and a shitton of them are unaware since they are silent carriers.

If you've ever had a cold sore, you have herpes. Some people have HSV1 and never know it because they never have outbreaks. It's incredibly common. Most get it from their parents, by being kissed, or sharing food. HSV2 is the more severe form and typically spreads sexually.

>If you've ever had a cold sore
Never

Like I said, you can still have it. I'm a KHV and have HSV1. Got it from my parents as a child. You don't need to have sex to get HSV1.

I don’t have it

Have you gotten tested for HSV1? When I wanted to get tested for it my doctor looked at me like I had 2 heads because most don't even test for it due to how common it is.

Funny to see your mind break. Of course there can be areas where no one has it and areas where almost everyone has it.
Type 1 rate in us is 80%. It is very contagious.
It can in fact spread from mouth to genitals.
So gf gets oral herpes at age 5 in kindergarten sharing food...
20 years later, Gf blows you while she has a sore, you get genital herpes.
I know your autistic lizardbrain wants black and white distinctions like "herpes=slut" to make life easy to understand. But try to rise above and operate in facts and logic instead, you'll see it's better up here
It can happen that way.
>>If it was that common then they wouldn’t teach to be careful of STDs.
Not even logical. Herpes is not the only std.

Lmao. For real though. Does user think herpes is the only STD? There are dozens of different STDs. Some are more severe than others. HSV-1 is the most common and least severe. Of course they teach you to be careful in school. You certainly don't want to catch chlamydia, but HSV-1 isn't a big deal. You get a small kinda painful blister or cold sores once in a blue moon. The last time I had a cold sore was 5 years ago and it only stayed for a week or so.

So just to be clear op it isn’t even strange that you didn’t catch it straight away. HSV1 isn’t contagious every day. One day maybe your girl was a little stressed and the virus surfaced without a sign or symptom and that’s when you got it.
It lays dormant most of the time which is how you had sex with her without catching it untill now. Not suspicious at all

You mean to tell me that I can't yell at her now? Sad.
Also, would it be wise to check which type of the virus it is, so I'm sure to not spread it to her (if it's a strain she doesn't have yet)?

You should check the type anyway because treatment schedules can differ between the two. But just because she has HSV1 orally doesn’t mean you can’t give it to her genitally so you should watch for outbreaks anyway

I don't see how it could be a strain she doesn't have if you caught it from her. You can check if you really want to but it seems unnecessary.

But if you’re not fucking anyone but her it’s definitely the same type. Type 1 can’t morph into type 2 or anything like that so if she gave it to you it’s exactly the same virus it’s just settled in a different location then hers

That's was a good game, shame it got extinct.

oral herpes can't give you genital herpes.
She's fucking someone who has it.

Attached: faceapp-Raiden-Flower-Crown.jpg (600x600, 45K)

0/10

I love how it's absolutely confounding to some of you degenerates that some people don't have herpes

You mean less than 20% of society?

By the tone of your post you're implying that 20% of the population is a small number of people. It is not. In the US that would correspond to around 60 million people. The distribution of herpes is also not even; non-hispanic blacks are four times more likely to have genital herpes than non-hispanic whites.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_herpes_simplex

Whoever said that some people don't have herpes, smoothbrain?

what did you do to do this? I always thought you could only really do this if you immunocompromised, or were like touching a sore and then your mouth or had a cut.

you can find out the strain via blood test. don't just assume.

You only know one person who has told you they have herpes. Why would anyone tell you they had it, when it's so stigmatized? Maybe they all know you have this negative view of it.

It's like saying "why would they vaccinate against chicken pox (which is related to herpes by the way! they're both poxes) if most people have gotten it" it's still something you could not have.

A habit I have is that I pick at my lips quite constantly over the day. Trauma is a sheading trigger.