My gf always gets upset when we have a disagreement...

My gf always gets upset when we have a disagreement. I'm actually completely fine with her having opinions that are different than mine but she nearly always considers it an attack on her when I disagree with her. And it's not that I belittle her or insult her either, I acknowledge her point and provide a counterargument like in any civil discourse. But for some reason it's too much for her. I want to be able to speak my mind to her so she gets to know who I truly am but I always end up just placating to her views to avoid confrontation. Honestly I am starting to feel like I am living a lie and she likes the idea of me and not who I actually am. How do I approach these conversations so she lets me open up to her?

Attached: GJ_aKGZN.jpg (400x400, 21K)

She sounds like a stupid bitch OP

She's not a stupid bitch. She is very emotional.

Famalams? I would really appreciate some help here.

Trust me there is no winning with a girl like this either deal with it or break up

I'm not trying to win, I just want to come to a place of understanding where we can both respect each other's differences.

You cant that's my point

Why is this the case then?

She needs to respect your viewpoints. You need to respect yourself and just take the loss if she can't deal with your viewpoints.

Some people just cant handle differing opinions also since you're her boyfriend she probably feels you should be making her feel better by agreeing

well look at it emotionally for a sec. Your point of view is fair but this girl here is getting frustrated that you arent on her side. She also is egotistical so you might need to sit down a talk about this stuff.
Tell her its not that she is wrong in things, its just you dont agree and that is ok to have difference of opinion. You can debate back and forth but agree not to get too emotional or at least notice eachothers breaking points and stop yourselves. If she values the relationship then she should be willing to give it a shot.

This ends in shit like the gf making the bf a vegan, or some pussywhipped liberal, or him dropping all his friends that she doesn't like.

Don't ever fucking end up like this, OP.

You could just show her this post and see what she would have to say about it

>she is very emotional
Stupid bitches usually are

I feel I lost a lot of respect for myself being with her and constantly giving ground like this. I know had it been anyone else I wouldn't put up with this but I just want to be with her and understood by her.

I really try my hardest to be there for her. I fuck up too, I'm not some paragon. But I really try to make her feel happy and good. I don't think I've given anyone as much of myself as I have her. And I respect her opinions, I really do. Is there really no way for me to get her to appreciate that?

I appreciate this advice. I sometimes get autistic and focus more on the debate rather than her breaking points but I've been working on that. I think my approach was off because I'm used to debating with a friend and we know we respect each other hence giving each other the opportunity to have this friendly spar without the need to reaffirm this fact. And I'm not used to this.

I don't think I could. I'm completely fine with her being more left than I could ever be. I just can't get myself to believe any of that. And it's not like she tries to convince me either, rather she just shuts down conversation and it's frustrating because I want to be open with her about everything.

I might but idk.

But she's not a stupid bitch.

Why the fuck are you starting arguments with her you idiot? You dont always have to play devils advocate. Shes not looking for a differing opinion. If anything, shes trying to vent to you, not hear your differing opinion. Theres a time and place for everything you moron

I'm not playing devil's advocate. I'm just trying to explain my position when some topic comes up. Is that so wrong?

Just because you say you are being civil it doesn't mean you are.

Either you aren't aware of the way you come off, your opinions are actually pretty extreme, or she is used to prople belittling her and it's just a natural reaction.

Whichever the case you can't change this, so why do you keep instigating and running to the internet to get guys to agree with you?

I want to know exactly the points you are discussing.

Ohhh my fucking God.
If she brings up a topic she wants to vent about then let her vent. Dont give your opinion unless she asks you dumbass.

I'm just here to ask for advice on how to speak with her so she allows herself to know me.

I let her speak her mind and I offer counterarguments to her points when she says something I disagree with. And my opinions are very middle of the road, I'm a centrist.

I mean for example she thinks just because I'm a male my opinion on abortion is invalid even though I am "pro-choice" like she is.

So I'm just to sit there and nod?

Yeah, dude. and hold her hand, rub her shoulders, tell her it's totally cool she feels that way, who or whatever she's whining about is just soooo uncool, and you can even be her emotional tampon if you're feeling man enough for it.

Yeah just go ahead and break up. That’s not the kind of woman you want to marry so you’re basically wasting your time.

I do tell her it's cool she feels that way. As I said I have no issue with her beliefs even when they don't align with mine. But I think she should know who I am and my position as well. Unless I'm to be some riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

I was being sarcastic.
Which was a test. I suspect you're autistic. Actual, non-meme autistic. You might genuinely be at fault, here, because feels > reals with human beings that aren't Jow Forums users.
My actual advice would be to break up with her. it sounds like you don't mesh, but you would know better than me.

Are you me? Every time I tell mine in a nice way that I don't want to go anywhere today or take her anywhere, she always threatens to not talk to me again. Yet she always tells me if I don't want to do something, don't do it.

maybe she has just had a tough time in life.Do you guys see each other regularly, are you long distance have either or both of you been through a lot of stress lately?

I love her and have high hopes we can overcome this.

It's usually topics we disagree on. Not about spending time together.

She had a rough past and works a pretty high stress job. I also have high stress work but it doesn't bother me we don't agree on everything. And we do see each other regularly.

Hmm... But, have you showed her my frog yet? If she sees him, she’ll die to meet him in real life, believe me. I’ve shown the frog to many people that had arguments and disagreements, which ended up devastatingly deleterious; and as soon as they saw it, they laughed and took a chuckle out of it.

So, my advice will be: show her this frog I have, then disagree and you will see how civil she’ll act and laughable. If not, then live the rest of your life with an uncivil stereotypical slob that doesn’t accept the opinions of other people.

Perhaps, your "girlfriend" is a feminist? Apart of some Nazi sisterhood? Good luck.

Attached: 60432077_452621508845485_3651560888453824512_n.jpg (653x635, 145K)

>I know had it been anyone else I wouldn't put up with this

Then she isn't respecting you, she's pimping you, and you need to end it.

>op still hasn't bothered to clarify any of the things they are arguing about

Actually I have, see:

>You always get upset when we have a disagreement. I'm actually completely fine with you having opinions that are different than mine but you nearly always consider it an attack on you when I disagree with you. And it's not that I belittle you or insult you either, I acknowledge your point and provide a counterargument like in any civil discourse. But for some reason it's too much for you. I want to be able to speak my mind to you so you get to know who I truly am but I always end up just placating to your views to avoid confrontation. Honestly I am starting to feel like I am living a lie and you like the idea of me and not who I actually am. How do I approach these conversations so you let me open up to you?
you're welcome

Logic, facts evidence, truth are male concepts.

Attached: 1558803521186m.jpg (519x1024, 125K)

She sounds like a normal human female desu

Thanks

nigger those are literally your words from the

lmao no prob m8. i'd maybe slightly rephrase it in a few spots but you get the basic idea off what i'm saying to do. hit this head on and just say the thing.

I appreciate that, famalam. Sorry about misreading the greentext for a sec.

pffft no worries, shit happens. and my post was admittedly low effort to boot. tell me something -- how does she react when being faced with opposition to personal stuff that *is* directly relevant to her specifically? is she about the same there as with the opinions stuff or does she handle it better? or worse? or have you never bothered trying based on how upset she gets when you disagree with an opinion?

>I always end up just placating to her views to avoid confrontation.
never do this, its how women lose attraction to their man. be firm, be yourself and if she has a problem tell her to fuck off. theres plenty of fish in the sea, fish that will actually accept you for who you are. fuck her.

explain to her that shes being retarded and set boundaries before she ditches your beta ass

sounds like the typical liberal cunt of the modern era tbqhwyf
its incureable, btw

>Tell her its not that she is wrong in things
what if she is, though? not op