Why does perfection equals boring in social relationships ?

I've read a few books and this idea comes up frenquently that ''perfection'' in a person is boring and dull and I can't seems to wrap my mind around that idea ; are flaws what repulses one another in the first place ? , could you give me some insight about it ?

Attached: téléchargement.jpg (340x148, 5K)

Never gonna make it, permavirgin.

Attached: ACED2509-1BC0-4160-9C3F-3533656A0D2E.png (2518x1024, 446K)

Which books?

flaws dont necessarily mean bad, just means they are human and people who have similar flaws dont feel alone. Because some flaws cant or dont want to be corrected.

to expand on this you have to realize that perfection means there is nothing left to improve. There is no sense of adventure any more and that could be very boring for most people. People like to improve and feel like they achieved a goal. When you are already at the goal all the time some people feel like they didnt accomplish anything.

Many women have called me many things but never boring.
What people want isn't for you to amass all qualities and purge all flaws, they just want you to take proper and honest stock of your flaws and actually hold yourself to some level of account. You don't have to fucking flagellate but god damn it would be nice if for just once you wouldn't turn it into a damnation of someone else.

But isn't perfection the end goal at the end of the day ? For me it's not about improvement but more on a ''assets'' kind of thing, and it's more in a relationship setting , from my point of view, people seems to be threatened by it and the better i get, the less people i seem to attract

well let me ask you this, do you have flaws at all? Do you feel you are already perfect?

"What people want isn't for you to amass all qualities and purge all flaws"

Why is that ? And is it truly bad if i'm min-maxing myself ?

No ofc, I have flaws but they can be easily dismissed, but I strive to be perfect in terms of assets (beauty, value,money,hobbies) mainly to inspire people and be more attractive in general.

''No more Mr Nice Guy" by Robert Glover and ''Models'' by Mark Manson , the idea of being a ''teflon man'' is what is complex for me , i don't know if i'm not getting something really obvious

Flaws are what allow us to get close to each other. Finding someone who accepts us with our flaws, who wants to take care where it hurts, is what people look for in a relationship. Emotional intimacy is the biggest foundation of relationships, and it can easily be formed by sharing vulnerabilities and flaws.
Someone who is perfect, invulnerable, is someone you always struggle to get close to.
My boyfriend's flaws are what I especially love about him.
Also as another user said - someone who is perfect has no room to improve.

I'd also like to point out that no one is perfect, so when people appear perfect they often appear fake.

I'll sound thick-headed, but aren't flaws in the first place what repulse one another ?

ok, then I would understand that you would expect your partner to be the same correct?
Thing is thats a tall order for many to fill and keep up with. Others would feel you are pretentious and better than others because you demand perfection. Many people like others who are aware of their flaws but are still learning to fix them, it shows they are relatable in many ways.

not all, remember some people think is a flaw while others think is a strength.
Like bruatal honest. Now somepeople look at it as good you are honest, others think you are a dick and insensitive.

>aren't flaws in the first place what repulse one another ?
No, they aren't necessarily.
My boyfriend's flaws are the things that make him human, that make him relateable. It's the things that make us complement each other and make us feel close to each other and needed.
Just a silly example, but the same reasoning applies to larger things too.
I'm really clumsy, my boyfriend is always picking me up before I fall or stopping me before I walk into a car. It's endearing for him, makes him feel needed.
My boyfriend loses everything, I'm the one who always finds his stuff. It makes me feel like I'm taking care of him and he needs me, and he's very cute when he smiles at me when I walk down the stairs with his wallet and keys.
It's very sweet.

That does sound sweet, sounds like you got a keeper.

Because perfection is boring. Perfection means there's nothing left to improve. There is no journey to growth. It's like the end of a movie without any build up. Dull, no payoff.

Thank you. I love him more than I can put into words, he's truly the best.

So what should i do exactly ? I improve myself in anyway i see but it seems i'm always casting a sort of ''shadow'' on others and they feel threatened by it , i'm not really acting arrogant or rubbing my exploits at anyone, so i don't know what is exactly the problem here and i'm stuck on this

People don't feel threatened by success: my boyfriend is a very successful dude, and I greatly enjoy the fact that he's well off, handsome, intelligent, etc.
You can't easily grow emotional intimacy with a man who has no vulnerabilities or no flaws showing. So show your flaws when you meet someone you want to grow close with, and accept your partner's vulnerabilities and flaws.
This is something that might rub people the wrong way: if when people come to you with something they're in pain for, you just give them solutions instead of giving them love. Most people can think of solutions for themselves, and go to others just for support. Show yourself to be accepting of other people's baggage, instead of trying to fix people. No one likes that, it makes them grow distant from you.
I know that some men will creep out of the walls and tell me that men appreciate it, but there's a time and place for everything. You seek solutions when the other part is looking for them, sometimes you just offer support and love and shut up.

basically stop worrying about being perfect now, you have what you need now you need to be socially open for a partner.

>you just give them solutions instead of giving them love.
not op but I wish I knew this sooner, i mean i forget a sympathetic ear is whats needed.

Oh ok i think i'm starting to get the point here, I'll give it a shot and see if it works, thanks for trying to drill in in my thick-skull haha

its fine, thing is perfectionist can come off as hard to approach. So let down your gaurd a little and dont sweat the flaws of others.

>humans
>perfection
What does it even supposed to mean? How is it even supposed to work?