How do i develop an interesting and engaging personality

How do i develop an interesting and engaging personality.

Attached: 1552053858205.png (476x702, 228K)

By doing things beyond shitposting and consuming media.

i draw and go to uni, also i barely spend time on Jow Forums anymore.

Reading. Read about art, politics, literature. Develop your innert artist if there is one. Become sophisticated without being pretentious.

Are you sure? I've known people who aren't very literate but tend to be popular.

This is good advice, but also:
Put in the work. Get yourself in social situations, experiment, see what works and what doesn't. Be willing to embarrass yourself, each embarrassment will make you more tuned in how to act. Pay close attention to how much people are interested or not in what you have to say.

Are there books i could read that would help me?

Also, do i need to be interested in the event in order to attend it? I've seen many events, but none that i care for.

Hobbies and interests and stuff totally help especially if those things aren't just passive consumption but I think 80% of what makes someone interesting is more in how they communicate. Like whether or not their enthusiasm is obvious, and if it's infectious, etc. It's like any other kind of performance I guess.

Also the ability to make other people feel they're interesting and engaging is super fuckin important too. That's a big deal.

Im sort of depressed and indifferent about life.

Not suicidal, but don't see the value in it outside of chasing money for comfort.

Is this still possible?

Attached: bepis.png (662x682, 137K)

>Are there books i could read that would help me?
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. It's an oldie but everything in it is still completely relevant.
>Also, do i need to be interested in the event in order to attend it? I've seen many events, but none that i care for.
Generally speaking, the strategy is to improve your social circle by pursuing interests selfishly. In other words, if you go to things you find interesting, odds are you're going to have something in common with the people that also find that interesting. I wouldn't recommend doing things you're definitely not interested in, but perhaps be more open minded about trying new things. For a personal example, I never pictured myself doing yoga until a friend convinced me to try a few classes, and now I'm hooked.

read books, (not Jow Forums)
develop skills
learn hobby's
take care of yourself
socialize
periodically put your self outside of your comfort zone

Yeah I think so. I'm pretty much in the same situation and I wouldn't say I'm stellar at any of this but I'm definitely better than where I was. A lot of it for me was just stealing other people's personality traits. Whenever someone did something I liked, I try to figure out way and then tried to integrate that into my social vocabulary. So stuff like figures of speech or inflections or body language or whatever. I don't really have any passions, but I think that's easy to sidestep by getting people to talk about whatever stupid bullshit they're into. Y'know, you mirror them (word choice body language etc), express similar ideas, establish common ground and just generally treat whatever they have to say as interesting and insightful. It probably isn't, but people project traits onto you that you project onto them. Try to figure out who they want to be, and be a mirror so they can see those qualities in themselves.

I got a lot of my practice doing that via a bunch of different driving jobs. You get to practice on a lot of different people, many who you only see once. Plus you get used to feeling awkward which is liberating as hell

problem with me is im generally apathetic and depressed. So i guess i'll just need to force myself.

What do you study?
What can you talk about in a really passionate manner?

Computer Science
Not really, i don't like to talk about dorky stuff in general. Also the main reason i picked my major was for money.

bump

>"engaging personality"
err, what? You want to have people engaged? Sounds like the solution is in the words themselves.

Attached: smugItagaki.jpg (225x350, 28K)

Being popular doesn’t necessarily mean they have an interesting personality

you don't, honestly. Deep down your personality is hard wired to an extent, you can learn things about your traits and mask them to get along with others better, but you know that you're just bullshitting. Gotta ask yourself how much your willing to bullshit to have friends

Watch beheading videos

The Quran
Joseph Stalin biographies
Genghis Khan
Muhammad
Napoleon
Hitler
Lee kwan yew
Hirohito
Tojo
WWII
Syrian civil war
Dostoevsky crime and punishment
Alexander dumas

I would add the Art of War, How to Win friends, and the emperor of all maladies

None of that will make him more interesting. Having a vast wealth of knowledge of useless history is of little interest to almost everyone. Far more important if he wants to be engaging is to be literate on current issues, mass culture, and local drama. So knowing about US politics, Game Of Thrones, and what Becky did with Jemma's boyfriend Tony at Megan's party. You can have a thousand conversations about that stuff. You can meet a thousand people and not have one conversation about Dostoevsky or the Syrian Civil War.

If they're a rare person who has hobbies outside of that basic stuff, much more important than knowing about their hobby is being empathetic to the feelings behind their enjoyment of that hobby, and relating to those feelings in terms of your own hobby.
>I like my arbitrary hobby because I almost get into a meditative state while practicing it
>Wow, that's how I feel when I'm doing my arbitrary hobby, too. It's complex and engaging but at the same relaxing and peaceful

If everyone thinks your interesting , your probably Interesting.