Whats wrong with my Resume?

i've been trying to get a summer job since April but nobody wants to hire me
not even an interview
what am i doing wrong

Attached: resume 2019-1.jpg (2550x3300, 940K)

English is not your first language is it?
>collage
>Manager of operations "Maria"
Not hating but if I had to guess you're from across the border, what state you in?

Your lack of experience is obvious and your resume is both redundant and does not show value to your employer. When writing a resume think about how you would add value to the employer because that’s all they care about. When reviewing resumes I ask myself, is this person qualified and will they help me get better results?

For example, you said you are reliable three different ways. Instead of saying that, could you say you were recognized by your employer for this?

Bullet points showing objective data is always better. For instance, “recognized for increasing year over year sales by 10%” would be a good bullet point if you were a retail manager

Physically fit is not something I’d put on a resume unless I am trying to work as a personal trainer or landscaper

i'm from Canada and my family has roots in the UK

Describe previous jobs, what jobs are you applying to now?

Fluff it a little so it covers the whole page. That white space irks people subconsciously.

the only "job" i've had is at a pizza place where i was paid $20 to $24 to hold a sign outfront for two hours and my wage only went up due to minimum wage increase in Ontario

i only got the job because of my twin brother and the manager needed another guy and didn't bother interviewing be before hand

>Cooperated with at school
>Served lunches to students
I dunno man I'm an English teacher down south and this looks like something a half decent student of mine would write. Did you grow up in Quebec? Other than that it just seems like you're not qualified to do anything but flipping burgers or customer service.

Mention that you're native american and apply to the post office.

Achievement-based resumes are preferable. Give specific examples of instances where you helped an employer to save money, or when you resolved a conflict with a customer, etc. You should also ALWAYS have a cover letter specific to the job you're applying for, and make sure you address the person responsible for hiring you by name. If you don't know their name off-hand, it is extremely easy to find out via Google or just by asking someone who already works there. You should also physically hand your resume in when possible. This will set you apart from the other faceless, anonymous retards applying for the same position, and also shows that you have initiative.

As a last tip, it helps to use positive language. For example, you could wrap up your cover letter by saying something like, "I look forward to working with your team." This subtly implies that you already have the job in the bag and some people appreciate the confidence. It can't hurt in any case.

First off your sections are organized poorly. Combine the second and third sections into one along the lines of work & volunteer experience, and have that be at the top. It's the most important bit. Then either education or summary of skills, then the other, and then interests & activities.

Second you're spelling college wrong. Collage is the kind of collage artists might do, college is where you study. But I think the biggest thing is you aren't making the most of your resume. Think of the duties you've had at work and volunteer positions, the best challenges you've faced, the most impressive statistics you can give about yourself. Figure out the best way to write about yourself in a way that sounds impressive and be as specific as possible. Another thing, tailor it to whatever job you're looking into as much as possible. If you're applying to work in some capacity with films highlight as much knowledge as you possibly can, if it's a restaurant or something that would have health regulations play up working at a pizza place and the health and safety regulations you followed, if it's working with children, elderly, or animals play up the effort you've done volunteering and the compassion and care you've demonstrated you're capable of providing with that.

But obviously give statistics. Statistics matter.

I've done all that

i've hand it in personally and i have written cover letters with the "I look forward to working with your team." shtick and they still don't want me

hell i've even sent them second cover letters to let them know i'm still interested

>a cover letter
>You should also physically hand your resume
holy fuck I hate boomers so much

i'm just trying to get a summer job like a grocery store

yes my parents are baby boomers yet i'm a 19 year old zoomer

burger flipping and store jobs are what i'm looking for and even they don't want me

Ontario not Quebec and what do you mean by "down south"?

Well you're not qualified. Maybe try again after you have a bachelors and 3 years work experience.

I bet you unironically suck off your manager and thank him afterwards.

And? It still applies. Think about what a grocery store might care about, what skills matter to them, and write about your proven abilities to do those things based off your previous work, college, and extra-curricular experience or any supplemental life experience. You want to show them you have the skills and talents that they need, not that you held a job before. The reason you put jobs on your resume is to talk about that experience and contextualize it, to prove that you actually have it and be clear. Not to say "yeah I had a job".

Maybe if you could speak proper English.. . JK
Well afaik that sort of places fill the fuck up as soon as summer starts, they're not taking you because there's no openings. Keep leaving them wherever you can, maybe even leave two at the same place to heighten your chances, as soon as someone dies they call the first CV they take and schedule for interview if there's no red flags on it. Just drop em and keep going.

Mexico, maybe you're just dumb, I mean you can't get a job at McDonald's, so it makes sense your orthography sucks.

No one cares about your interests, no one cares about your unevidenced claims. It's also insanely sparse, fill it out with challenges you've overcome, cool shit you did etc.

>to hold a sign outfront for two hours
And you described this as "sales promotion activities with other staff"
Kek, you don't have to be a human resources manager to see a resume like yours is full of shit

Fuck you, I bet I could beat you up.

believable embellishment is what you should be doing on a resume. holding a sigh outside /is/ sales promotion.

You're not getting anywhere without connections, seeing as your life skills are just as abysmal as your resume your best bet is getting somebody you know to employ you or introduce you to some grunt work.
I once saw a legit retard working on a restaurant's parking lot assigning places to incoming cars. Don't lose faith, OP, even octopuses can solve simple tasks like finding efficient ways to place blocks as to fill an area as small as possible, take into account that octopuses just have a cerebral ganglium, and their axons are unmyelinated.
You're a vertebrate with a proper brain and spinal cord, what's more, the axons of your neurons are covered in myelin, which makes them even more efficient at carrying the action potentials, that's a big advantage you've got right there, use it wisely, octopuses ain't got nothing on you.

actual op here

what else do you a call someone who holds a sign outside other than "sign guy" without sounding like a complete and utter fucking loser?

I don't even know where to start with this

Apply for a kitchen porter or general labourer. Literal Somalians do those jobs with absolute zero english skills. It'll be a good way to get your feet wet as you're just entering the workforce and make some cash on the side.

Attached: 2673499b440488496d9ca098641c577b7631323a7f16f81ff1ee12cee9460a92.jpg (640x640, 82K)

AHAAHAHAHAHAHA
MAN
OH MAN
I FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF, THANKS user
>detail oriented
>typos
>i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i'm physically fit and...uh...i like...anime
>i had a part time job at a retard shop and delivered pizzas

i wish i was an Octopus now since they have a better chance of getting a job than me

Attached: 0797818C-6C4D-43BD-B6A06E1E68E033E9_source.png (590x393, 518K)

it's all fucked up
go see a professional
are you in college? they should have career counselors to help you.

yes i'm in collage