Pay debts

Hey guys. I've been unemployed half a year and some debt collectors are up my ass. I can't pay, I have to make sure i have enough money to keep rent paid so my ass doesn't get homeless. Should I ignore them? I feel miserable, utterly miserable, and am riddled with anxiety. Can someone tell me this is normal for a young adult and it'll be okay soon? None of the debt was from frivolous shit, I haven't been spending a penny I don't need to. I've been paying the minimums on the credit card and it's around $10k total on that now (3k from rent about 5k from medical debt), maybe $2k other debt. I hope to get a job soon, and if I do it would be 40k a year assuming I work an entire year without disaster striking. But I also have 30k student debt.

Is it gonna be okay? I keep feeling like someone is going to come to my apartment and drag me out and throw me in the gutter. I've been very depressed and my eating has become disordered. Also crying a lot and thoughts of suicide. I just want it to be okay. Other than my laptop I own nothing of value.

Attached: 1507444393556.jpg (2877x3900, 1.26M)

How do you not just get a job?

Wouldn't you feel better if you got a job and paid your debts off?

well let me strap on my job helmet and go to the job store and buy a job...
stop bullying i have a sad

It’s not bulling. The job market is wide open. (Note I said job and not career, you don’t need to like the job, get one, get on top of your bills and then go from there).

I just applied for 12 jobs and got 12 call backs even though I’m 2300 miles away... stop making lame excuses.

Saw a video somewhere about some guy explaining how to waste a debt collectors time so much that he'll just lower the debt as much as he can so you can pay it off.
Go look for some of those tips if you wanna ruin the collectors day.

But yeah, try to keep calm brother. You're in this shit and crying won't help you. Keep looking for a job and do what you can to keep going.
Eventually you'll claw your way back to the surface if you just keep at it.
Remember to appreciate what you have now and enjoy the little things.

bro I had 14k in debt, I got a job paying $13.00 and just now finally pay it off. A year later, it does take time, but check out indeed.com or check out call center work for tech companies...

>waste a debt collectors time

Time he should be looking for a J O B

any income is better than no income. I had a coworker who went to college and dropped out in the 80s and STILL had 2k in debt that she never paid off in 2016. She also got a DUI 10 years ago and still hasn't paid her fine. Instead of putting her money aside to pay off some of the rent, she goes out and buys beer and cigarettes. She's a 42 year old train wreck but she makes it work. Sure she'll never be able to take out a loan, own a house, have any credit or any of that but she's not homeless either. She lives with her roommate and they split rent 50/50. But it's not an easy life.
You'd be better off accepting whatever job you get, as degrading or depressing as it is, and buckling down now before you're 30 and still have debt from your 20s.

Attached: 85412jj.png (540x397, 140K)

None of that’s true because A. The collection debt dropped off her credit report. B. She could do a repayment plan (zero dollar repayment if poor) for ten years and the debt is forgiven.

She could buy a home, a car, or anything if she wanted.

not like i haven't been trying, i hope to get a job (the good career kind) within a few more months. once that happens the debt is no problem, but as it stands i'm going insane. and i don't spend money i don't need to. i don't even have paper towels or handsoap right now.
>I had 14k in debt, I got a job paying $13.00 and just now finally pay it off.
thank you, i just want reassurance that it's not the end of the world, i have enough people making me feel like a worthless failure as it is.

is it okay to ignore the bill collectors?
>Eventually you'll claw your way back to the surface if you just keep at it.
hopefully

This is a lady that's too dumb to fill out some paperwork and pay a few hundred dollars to get her license back. She's got stupid for brains, 100% true

That’s so stupid to wait. Just get something. In three weeks you would have a paycheck...

And try to deal with the original company, not the collection companies, especially if you want to have a relationship with them again down the road.

that's what I'm saying

No you’re saying you are waiting to get a career in a few months. I’m telling you, go work at Target or apply for gigs on Craigslist until you get your career. Minimum wage is better than zero.

look, to be honest i applied to a few restaurants and got turned down. if it happens again i'm going to kill myself. basically got told i'm not even good enough to wait on tables. it's so soul crushing it's not even worth it.

i'm doing sideprojects in the meantime, no immediate money or guaranteed money but it's work i enjoy. working at fucking target wouldn't even pay my rent and it would leave me exhausted and demotivated.

As expected, you have set your bar too high and have a million excuses why you can’t shovel shit.

Have fun being homeless, but don’t get the flu when you live on the street.

Are you in the US? Since you're using the internet, you can probably get an online job with Amazon or Apple. There's a lot of online customer service jobs paying $10-14, just look around

dude OP isn't even qualified to be apple online customer service, and their bar is low as shit

Hey, any day now he’s going to be earning $40K... as long as the HR department doesn’t ask him what he’s been doing for the past six months... .

Spot on.
There’s a difference between a career which requires degrees, certifications and expeirence. A job is just “I’ll pay you $10 to deliver pizzas”.

Get yourself a bottle of magnesium pills OP. Magnesium will help with your anxiety. I have chronic anxiety and take it every day myself.

Dont let the debt collectors bother you user. All they can can is keep calling you or mailing you. I've had many of them over the years. They literally can't force you to pay them anything. They are just a company who bought the debt at a discount from the original company you owed money too, and now they are trying to get you to pay the full debt even though it didn't even cost the full amount to buy it

Anytime I've had a debt collector, I've blocked their phone number so that I don't receive their calls anymore, and when I receive their bills in the mail, I've thrown them out. After 6 months to a year, the debt collector will sell the debt to another company for an even more discounted amount, and then that company will try the same thing with you, so you block their number and ignore the bills.

File for bankruptcy.

>not like i haven't been trying, i hope to get a job (the good career kind) within a few more months. once that happens the debt is no problem, but as it stands i'm going insane. and i don't spend money i don't need to. i don't even have paper towels or handsoap right now.

You have a broken and unbalanced view of how to manage your shit. You require a realignment that is beyond the scope of OP.

Step 1: learn French. Step 2: Change your name and make a new identity. Step 3: join the Foreign Legion

I think it's pretty common. My brother's girlfriend ran up a $15k credit card debt when her mum died, a family friend had her house repossessed, etc. If you keep your head and endure you'll get through it okay. Look into refinancing at a lower interest rate, and get a job.

Where do you live? I can give you job advice in Australia and the US, and look over your resume/CV/cover letters for obviously wrong things. Remove your name and send it to [email protected] if you want me to take a look.