I'm in love with a fat man, but my family disapproves

To preface this, no I'm not fat, I'm a fitness freak myself. As such, my lifestyle has lead to me to dating mostly equally fit or average 'active' men.
Relatively recently however, I found myself falling in love with a rather fat guy (~300 lbs, 6'4"). Things are legitimately, and honestly, great. We've been dating now for about a year or so now. Sex is great, and he turns me on a lot, and he's just genuinely a good guy. (He even supports me in my workouts, he just doesn't participate himself - he'll spot me though.)

The only issue I'm running into is with my family and friends. They're mean to him, and to some extent me. I get a lot of the comments you'd expect, mostly along the lines of me 'doing better' or him not being as 'attractive as my last.' Things in my relationship are getting serious, and we're planning on moving in together soon. Is there anything I can do to get my family / friends approval? Am I just being a retarded femoid?

Attached: robots.png (127x177, 58K)

Just tell them to take their schoolyard gossip back the fuck into whatever shitass hole they dredged it out from.

Ask them how the fuck they expect you to treat them like an adult when they wanna act like babies with wet nappies.

Yeah I'm starting to think my only option here is to tell them off...
I don't really like to start fights with my family but I really don't like them bullying my boyfriend.

You should honestly tell yo boy to eat a salad because even with that heigth, at this weigth hes going to kill himself

Otherwise just tell them to back off, no need to start a fight. If they respect you and your wishes/wants they will, otherwise tell them to fuck off out of your life because nobody needs "friends" who doesnt respect them

I second this. You can tell them to fuck off but he really should work on his weight for health reasons. If he loves you he should do his best to stay healthy so that you can be together for a long time.

>Just tell them to take their schoolyard gossip back the fuck into whatever shitass hole they dredged it out from.
I like the cadence and flow of this sentence

tell them to stop being shallow pieces of shit.

I date a fat bitch but if anybody in my family shit talked her like that I'd just ghost them.

If you like the dude, who cares. It's your life not theirs.

Can you tell us more about him? Do they just not like him because of his appearance or could there be more to it? What's your age difference? What's he like?

Who cares what your family thinks? And if they are disrespectful to him, tell them in no uncertain terms to stop or they will lose you

We're not even a year apart. Financially his family is very affluent, and he himself is practically a genius (He's very much along in the process of becoming a professor, he currently works with a lot of computer AI type stuff). He is however, a sensitive guy in some regards and is occasionally overwhelmed (although it's drastically improved, he does suffer from depression and social anxiety).

My family are very much traditional and are against the idea of sensitivity in a man, and attribute it to his weight - despite having never witnessed his apparent 'emotional weakness' outside of the few days he's needed to leave a social event early to take a breather.

Essentially, my family is very boomer minded and feels every man needs to be both in charge of the household, and emotionally closed off.

How does that work out? I need a girlfriend too. Help please. Because, maybe you find him attractive because of his height or pleasure he provides you? Is this the case? Should I improve on that? Tell me please.

Yeah, I'm definitely trying to encourage him to at least cut it down to 280. He's hesitant but he's been a good sport about it. I've got him swimming and doing some light jogging right now. I've been cooking for him, and teaching him how to cook himself as well to try and steer him away from the ease of fast food.

Okay, so it's not really about his weight. It's about imposing their values on you. So go deep. Really look at whether you're making this choice to rebel or whether you really love him. If it's the latter and they really won't accept him, they may lose you. There's not a whole lot you can do besides talk it out with them.

His height is some of it I suppose, but I've never not dated a man on the account of his height. Typically speaking if they are my height or taller it shouldn't be an issue.

Sexually I do find him very attractive. He is not the best off in terms of endowment, but he's very skilled and makes it an enjoyable experience none the less. I think my sexual chemistry with him is the best I've ever had with anyone.

Personally speaking, I've always found the 'nerdy' look to be endearing - but maybe that's just on the account of me being tired with the men in my field? I'm not sure. (I'm an agricultural economist, working on my law degree).

Overall though I think our relationship works so well on the account that I've known him for a very long time. We've always been good friends, and he's always been supportive of me without ever coming off as predatory or 'only interested in hooking up.' Or in other words, he's never come off as desparate.

Hmm, yeah you're probably right there.
I do honestly love him. It's difficult to imagine losing my families favor, but I'd definitely do it if it came down to it.

I just wish there was some way to convince them, because I predict having a straightforward conversation about it is just going to lead to a whole lot of meaningless bitch fighting.

Tell them off if they go too far with it. In general, just show them that you guys are serious and that he's the right match for you and I think they'll eventually accept it lay off.

I feel you, my parents, especially my mother, always pick on the physical details of every man I ever dated, it's so shallow. The only time she didn't say anything was when one guy I dated was a legit 9/10 but otherwise she'd always have some unsupportive comment. I don't get it

>I need a girlfriend
No you don't. The sooner you come to understand that the better off you'll be.

>dating a fat slob
why?

Yeah, my parents have always been like that as well. My mother especially. It's either jealously or wanting the best for me, not sure.

he's qt stfu

Why?

Get him to lose dome weight. Not just for your family but for his health.

I worked in a mortuary for 2 years and fat people easily live ~30 less years than healthy sized people.

Why what?

Why'd you pick her? Just curious. Same reasons as OP?

Keep the conversation on the way you feel so something like... it makes me feel sad that..it makes me feel frustrated when... invite them to connect with you and how you're feeling.

Just move in with him my family & friends didn't approve of my marriage I'm now happily married and they may never change their opinion I just don't care

She's just pleasant to be around and she makes my life easier, not harder.