How do I stop being such a disgusting POS when it comes to cleanliness?

My room is constantly trashed. If I let if go on for about 3 months, it gets to be hoarder levels of trashed. I'm not a hoarder, though. I'm perfectly ok with trashing all this stuff, I just don't. Pic related doesn't have anything on me.
It's mostly plates, food, bags, cans. Moldy and gross food. I've been sleeping next to a moldy ear of corn for about week now. I don't think it's depression, I've been doing this since I was about 9. Then every 3 months or when I have someone over, I hire people to take it all away. Cleaning my room is about a 3 hour ordeal, and that's not even detailing it or anything. I've always wanted one of those rooms that have nice decorations and has personality, but I can't because it always gets trashed.
And honestly, it doesn't even bother me that much. I could live like this forever, but I know that when I inevitably live or have someone live with me, this won't be acceptable. I'm mostly concerned, too, as to why I'm even ok with this. Any sane person would look at this and run. Even really really lazy and depressed people don't let it get this bad.
My parents weren't ever clean freaks, but they knew how to keep the house looking nice. Out of 4 siblings, I'm the only one like this.

Might post pictures, embarrassing as it is

Attached: iuyhg.jpg (939x498, 148K)

Far left is my bed

Attached: jj.png (900x488, 491K)

Just clean your room you fucking retard

Come to terms that your inner self looks they way too and start fixing it. Like, you wouldn’t force a child to sleep next to moldy food. Why don’t you love yourself enough to deserve basic hygiene?

>depressed people don't let it get this bad
that's not actually true, you'd be surprised. as someone who also has trouble keeping their space clean (not to this level obviously), you just need to force yourself to do it and make a habit of it. it seems overwhelming because there's so much. start off setting aside like 30 minutes to 1 hour every day to work on cleaning your room every single day. eventually it'll become routine and you can cut the time down

You sad fucking soul.

Thinking about pushing the wheelbarrow is much harder than actually pushing the wheelbarrow.

Get a stack of trash bags, anything that is obviously trash goes in the bag.

Start collecting dishes, drag them to the sink, all of them.

Thats the start and the bulk of your shit.

Then gather all of your clothes, the ones laying on the floor and drag them to the laundry room.

Once you reset this shit then It's easy, just keep up on it once a week, and if possible once a day just move shit to it's respective place of doings.

I had a friend like you, when you entered his room there was enough space to open the door, and make your way to his bed, the rest of the room was stacks of weird and random shit, home made bongs, sound suppressors made from PVC pipe and window screen mesh, tools, clothes, good will treasures, you name it, He was always a really smart guy, just couldn't organize worth shit. Mad genius qualities.

get a bigger trash can you whore.

you shouldn't be so fucking lazy you cant clean your own room. get two large trash cans one where it is convent and another by the bed. Get a large laundry hamper and just chuck your shit in there.

this is why your dick is small user.

Biological waste like food is just disgusting
It attracts bugs and shit, and grows poisonous molds and fungi
I'm a messy fuck too but that's one thing I just can't tolerate, no idea how you sick fucks do it

Are you depressed, user? sometimes it's a vicious cycle where you're just a slob and it makes you ashamed and drains your energy so you can't clean up and then you feel bad. cuz you're a slob.

Enlist some help.

Clean for your cat.
Make it a habit to keep your house somewhat tidied up before you go to bed. No bed time before it's clean. If you can't do that, look where you're dumping all of your energy on that could be spend on cleaning.

Pay $50 or so to have a cleaner come in once a month

I'll try this stuff, though when I have before, the trash and bins overfill. Like I have a big trashbag in the corner of my room that's been there since February, overflowing with trash. Just don't have the motivation to take it out. Like I have so much time RIGHT NOW, but when I look at it, I get sleepy. And I start to resent the trash bag lol.

It does get annoying since usually most food gets moldy and squishy. The smell is what really gets me, but if you live somewhere long enough, you can't smell it anymore. Like right now, the place smells like 2 week old orange chicken. In the summer heat, though, I'm sure it's even worse. I wish I was one of those people that define a messy room as laundry and some misc. items lying around, but I had to go with food. I always worry that even after I've had the place cleaned, the smell lingers, and my guests smell it. That's why I always set 2 of the same candles 2 hours before they arrive, and burn some paper as to give the room a smokier scent.

I've had my ups and lows, but even in my highest highs that have lasted years, I've been like this. I think this is just, idk, something I do. Which is why I wonder if I do have some sort of mental illness or something that makes it so that I literally don't care about living in an actual dump. Fucking autism or something? idk

I think he likes it lol

Attached: FIGURE-043152.jpg (920x1482, 553K)

do you think you could throw out a single item? or replace the trash can? do that and see how you feel.

Attached: 1531955807718.gif (300x186, 1007K)

Just clean your fucking room man, are you looking for motivation? Is that it?

You don't have to be officially labeled a hoarder in order to have hoarder tendencies. It's a mental illness. Get help from a professional, OP.

Then get some trash bags, throw EVERYTHING in there and take it out to the curb right away so it doesn't sit on your floor for weeks and rot further.

Toss ALL your dishes into the sink or washing machine and all your clothes into the washing machine. Make your bed and voila - you're house is clean(er).

Pay someone to do it if you can't even start. Then just keep it like that.

Even if having your place clean is not enough motivation to keep it like that, you should see a therapist. That stuff is not normal.

This. Pay someone to come once or twice a month and do basic cleaning. Your kitchen and bathroom are the two that'll benefit the most from this.

maybe you're lazy? I'm lazy and I dont clean my room because of it. I have gotten lazier over the years so my room gradually has gotten messy.

You have an aversion to cleaning, probably because it's got a negative association in your mind. If it doesn't stem from any type of depression as you claim, it will create its own very soon. If you see trash and immediately get sleepy, you have conditioned yourself to do so, and now must be re-taught, but that takes consistency in application, which you desperately need, you filthy, filthy person. You probably weren't disciplined enough in a family of 4? 5? because the youngest always gets the least attention. Good luck.

so cleaning is a job that is never done
in the nursing community these are lumped into a catergory called ADLs, or "activities of daily living"
this involves cleaning yourself, feeding yourself, toileting, and doing something other than sleeping in bed or staring off into nothing.
when someone cannot do these things, or finds them challenging that is generally an indicator that something is going on.
it might not be depression, but it usually is, if you are under 70,
withyour case you said this starte happening around 9.
either some trauma you expierenced either came to a head and manifested as depression,
OR
your parents were lazy and enabling which ment they didnt really teach you "good work ethic" and keepimg some sort of "structure" to your day. they didnt care about you picking up your room, becuase they most likely didnt care about cleaning up their place.

either way if my assumptions are wrong i apologize.
some strategies you can employ to maintain activities of daily living.
plan and adhere to a schedule: set aside time in your day or week for a "cleaning day", or set aside 30 minutes to one hour to clean your house everyday.

they say if something takes 5 minutes or less to do you should do it immediatly instead of putting it off. throwing away garbage usually takes about 5 minutes

get into the habit of throwing things away immediatly after you are done with them. and force yourself to carry your garbage until you find a bin when you ate out, becuase litter bugs deserve a bullet.

now when it comes to the how you feel taking out the trash, doing any work or maybe even exerting any effort what so ever, that you get frustrated, upset, angry, annoyed, maybe uncomfortable, oppressed, punished.....any of these feelings.
these are not good, and will corrupt you.
you must accept this work,
accept it as good,
becuase the feeling of a clean and ordered space is savored so much more when it has been your work that has accomplished this.

the problem is laziness

knowing you have to get something done (in your case cleaning) but dont do it for the sake of your own unmotivation. I have gone through times where I was careless about my rooms condition (even though deep down I wanted to clean it or have it be cleaned by a maid) because I was too lazy to lift a finger when I got home. It will eventually grow out of you. shut this thread down.

The answer to this is so simple but you refuse to see it

dont clean anything. it really masks the smell of decomposition well.

This is how i live too. I've gotten better about keeping food away from where I sleep, but my floor is littered with random shit and trash. I only clean if someone is coming over, which is rarely cause it's usually too embarrassingly dirty and cluttered. My carpets are covered in random stains from me dropping food and other things. I haven't washed my bedsheets in 5 months. I'm horribly ashamed of it, but i don't care about living in my own filth.

At work and outside people think I'm a neat freak cause I work really hard and I'm anal about things. Plus i look clean and normal. But really there is maybe only a few days every month or two that my place is reasonably clean.

you are probably not in the habit of being clean. Or you grew up too clean.

My mother was abusive about cleaning. She would have each of us do the same cleaning task everyday or be beat. She would also come home in rages and the only way to stop her wrath was the start cleaning.

fast forward to college and I would stress clean my entire dorm room before tests. Then fail the test because I was cleaning.

I ended up making myself stop cleaning because of stress. And now I barely clean at all. And my house is a cluttered mess.

My advice is the read or listen to the power of habit book. Its a very good book on starting or stopping habits. You are probably just in the habit of not doing anything.

Then google housekeeping schedules. They make calendars for what day and what to clean. You can download and print them off.

Really, you probably just need to break the cycle. Like get up an hour early to do something fun. Then after you are in the habit of getting up early, put some music on maybe your phone then walk around with a trash sack and collect trash.

Sounds like ur having a winge, but if u were really wondering once uv clesned it just get in a routine of putting shit in the bin nd the kitchen vacume it one a week nd shit or do lityle thingz evryday so it dont become a big job? Cmon bro if old lady cleaning the house u got 1 job bro cmon

maybe

kill yourself tonight faggot

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.10.29 PM.png (388x52, 16K)

Aside from stating the obvious, it probably feels impossible to start.

The first step is to get the mould out. It can cause serious damage to your lungs and brain. The smell is probably bad too.

You're probably making up excuses now to not clear it out. That's fine, make as many as you want, but the hardest step is already done (admitting you have a problem, be willing to accept advice).

I used to be a massive slob when I was homeless at 17, we're talking so depressed I wouldn't wash a cup depressed.

Break down a task into small steps to feel a sense of accomplishment. Every mountain you've made in your head can be challenged, broken down, done in moments.

Grab the mould, if it's solid, make sure to wash your hands after. Use a plastic bag ideally to screen your hand from the mould.

Then you take the same process, going slowly across your room. Separate trash into categories and move down the list. Make it a day long then if you want.

Chances are, you'll fall back into the rut (CBT doesn't work overnight) but you know what to prioritise (mould, then rotting old trash, then new trash) and you'll feel better. That feeling of achievement will be your reminder for when your room needs to be cleaned again.

Got faith in you lad

Attached: bf209fe.jpg (3024x4032, 710K)

quit eating in your bed.
only eat in kitchen
and only eat in dining room or at table if you are sitting down.

i suggest eating near your trash bin.
or eating outside by the dumpster.

Even the cat's disappointed. Clean your room, do it for her.

#
>It can cause serious damage to your lungs and brain. The smell is probably bad too.

its called a mask and gloves faggot

close this thread

Get the moldy food out at least, you might get pneumonia if you don't ventilate your room

Clean everyday even if it’s clean get in habit of keeping it tidy.

shut this fucking thread down
this noob doesnt want any help

why are you like this