28+ Thread

I've realised I still got one year of uni funding available to me, I'm just wondering if there's anything in particular I should put this towards like an MSci degree that'll guarantee me a decent employment?

(Jesus Christ, bait threads everywhere. Do the later generations not have problems anymore? Are there no more losers now?)

Attached: 28+.jpg (628x363, 47K)

>Are there no more losers now
like 85% of the threads on this board are incels making up excuses and playing the victim card, or virgins that are genuinely bona fide autistic and are like HOW DO I GET A GIRLFRIEND I CAN'T TALK TO FEMALES ALSO SHE HAS TO BE ASIAN

The world is now filled with more losers than ever before.

Back in the day if you were a loser with no friends you would just hang out in your room by yourself with nothing to do so eventually you went out and joined a Karate class or went to the arcades or game store or whatever and met other people that way.

These days if you're a loser with no friends who stays in his room all day you have the internet to have millions of other losers telling you it's not your fault for being a losers it's actually everyone else's fault and you get to stay in and play fortnite and call people roasties on Jow Forums and never improve yourself.

I don't know, it seems like most of the board is about current relationship problems and bait.

Rofl at the brutal honesty. I can’t stand the victimization, lack of personal responsibility, and incessant neediness for empty internet likes today.

My MS was more than a year. There’s some year cert courses though.

I will be a wizard next year. I honestly have a hard time even imagining myself with another person. I've spent over a decade on school, my career, and owning a home, but I have no idea how to even approach not being alone.

FACTS.

I mean it was fine if it was just a bunch of weirdos who wrote blogs all day long and then otherwise went on to have normal lives working at Target or whatever, but all that online identity shit's been spilling into the real world for years now.

From both ends, what I described can just easily be a left-wing SJW as it can be a right-wing Kekistan or alt-right or "classic liberal" or whatever other label they want to hide behind as an excuse for nothing have any real interests or a personality.

I'd rather listen to someone talk about their car or the big sports game which I know nor care nothing about, rather than to listen to modern identity politics.

Attached: me.jpg (1022x731, 90K)

Yep. Seems like a wasted day if people don't get outraged over something political. It's hard to stay away from it, too.

I considered if the outrage was an overt outlet to hide behind the internet but it has spilled over into my neighborhood. In the past month, there have been 3 altercations, one requiring the police, over dogs. It's ridiculous.

On a separate note, I just caught a rerun of the movie Tombstone and I had forgotten how phenomenal it is. So many great actors.

I've noticed this too. It takes a lot of energy to put up the facade of being well adjusted and calm but these days people just seem eager to get upset over everything and seem to want others to get upset too. I've noticed rhat just about any news article from any source pertaining to anything in the US is written in a way to provoke an emotional response - usually outrage. I hate it all. When I read the news I want to know what is going on, not to find a cause to get angry about.

Any ones you recommend?

>like 85% of the threads on this board are incels making up excuses and playing the victim card, or virgins that are genuinely bona fide autistic and are like HOW DO I GET A GIRLFRIEND I CAN'T TALK TO FEMALES ALSO SHE HAS TO BE ASIAN

Non-loser/Agony aunt Problems:
Bait:
Not even asking for Jow Forums:
There's more but I couldn't be bothered. A lot of the board is just regular teen problems or bait.

>or whatever other label they want to hide behind as an excuse for nothing have any real interests or a personality.

I think this comes down to a lot of it, more or less; politics are a low-effort entry bar for people desperate to feel a part of a community, because political camps don't care about your hobbies, what you look like (generally speaking), how smart you are, how charismatic you are, etc. The only price of entry into an online politically-charged group is vocalizing your support of their ideology. This isn't a novel observation, but it's similar to sports team loyalty/rivalry. I remember seeing threads in the twilight days of GamerGate that were filled with people reflecting on what GG actually stood for, and why people were willing to devote so much time and energy into it. The threads were filled with people admitting that they primarily enjoyed the sense of community/comradery.

I'm not saying that all political activism is bullshit, but I think it's just become a really easy way for people to feel like they're part of a tribe, especially if they feel isolated in their day-to-day life offline.

Fuck I want to quit my job so much fuck

Attached: disdain.png (254x261, 136K)

Tell me about your job.

What’s your field and what’s you desired goal?

Call centre, insurance. I hate our customers and speaking to them. If I get one more bad call I'm handing in my notice.

My field? I did Maths like years ago and got a 2.2 and then got stuck as a wageslave in a supermarket for years.

My goal is a job that isn't shift work with low pay with dickhead customers. Ideally something in web dev.

Sounds miserable.

That’s a helluva career change but there’s plenty of IT certs available. I don’t subscribe to the bs that a degree will guarantee a decent job. Someone in IT though might chime in with some more specific adv.

>I don’t subscribe to the bs that a degree will guarantee a decent job.

I think I need it for structure, I've been trying to learn it myself, and I don't know if it's work or the fact I don't really have anyone to turn to for help but I making very slow progress.

Have you tried stackexchange? I’ve used their solutions before when I get stuck.

I can get the solutions and stuff but nothing seems to stick in my head these days. It's like my brain's turned to mush. I wonder if I'm actually too old or retard to learn anymore.

how do you get out of retail jobs? been stuck for 9 years

>just go to college
no money, paying rent

>just get loans
took ACT 4 times, 18 was my highest score (yeah i am a retard i know)