How do you keep a straight face like a man should?

I was hurt emotionally recently, how do you keep a straight face and act like a man rather than a child? How do you stay serious and not sad? I am 19 but have not learned this skill yet. I feel like this is something I should be able to do. I am a more emotional type which I know is not the most masculine thing and i'm trying to improve.

Attached: 1558926576769s.jpg (250x243, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zoXLKgX0MgU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its kinda shitty. You have to cut yourself off from yourself. Grandma dies and you just dont give a fuck.

Well that's fucked, any tips to do that? I can work with that though thank you.

>I was hurt emotionally recently
Don't bother.

Walk away

I guess if you see a sad movie, you can deny your feelings and enjoyment by saying to yourself, "Ah well, its just a movie. I wonder about the technical aspects of it.. Hmm where am I going to eat after this?" You are detaching yourself from evolvement. Not always a bad thing to to see from an objective outside point of view but, also missing out on the feels. Movies are just a example of practice, of course.

What the other user said, pretty much. Detach from reality, l always envision it as my body and mind being a robot. Had a rough childhood, learned the skill early on through necessity, am just 22. It comes down to realizing that, at the end of the day, you either cried all day or you didn't.

Stoicism is really hard, and for us the emotional bunch, it requires a fuckload of experience and real life situations to not be little bitches.

Being less emotional has nothing to do with being a man. Understand why you are emotional and be able to work through them is. Not understanding this is the childish part

read laws of human nature by robert green

Men cry.

Don't believe the hype.

Be sad and cry; what makes you a man is being able to keep going even if you have to cry.

Come to think of it, that's what makes you a woman, too.

Weird that both minor variations of a species would have similar experiences, huh?

I almost never let a tear go anymore, I've learned to channel it to anger, and then channel that anger to productivness and bettering what was weak before.

Had the best teacher though (life)

Made me eat boatloads of shit , before I figured im tired about this and that, and just get shit done and be over with it. Rest is a waste of time.

>I almost never let a tear go anymore, I've learned to channel it to anger

>I'll take "toxic masculinity" for $1000, Alex.

>channel sadness into anger
>then channel angerinto productiveness

do you just read selectively or are you too busy reading and sucking cocks at the same time?

Man up and keep it bottled in. not that big of a deal don't let the feeling fester like a women let it wash over you with a straight face, the experience is quite....liberating.

Study stoic philosophy

Nice trick I learned in jail: Any time you feel like life is getting too overwhelming or you can't handle someone's bantz becuse it's getting too personal, start swinging on the aggravator before the tears appear in your eyes. The intensity of the fight will take the focus off your emotions, and even if you do start crying, you being willing to swing on a dude who bothers you will be seen by everyone and they'll keep it in mind before fucking with you. Even if you lose the fight.

I guess I just read selectively, although sucking cocks would at least be measurably productive, which is more than the vague definition you're providing. Channeling sadness into anger is a hundy toxic masculinity, though. It's like a trope, dude. You don't have to do that; you're allowed to be sad.

That sounds like some sort of primordial monkey hell, user. I'm sorry you have had to live through that.

Thats sounds really compelling. Yes, I absolutely want to see myself wallowing in a corner in tears, instead of shrugging it off, being the better man and overcoming grief and sadness.

I haven't felt down enough to cry for about 6 years when I left my ex. And then I only shed some tears on the train away. Have either not experienced anything as bad since, or I've become desensitized.
I didn't shed a tear at any point during my mothers' parents dying, and I doubt I'll be bothered when my remaining grandparents pass away. I might get upsef when my dad dies, but I wouldn't raise an eyebrow if my mother did.

Be hurt enough by people you thought you trusted and you'll never care again.

Nice talk Anons. There is a limit on either side. If you bitch up all the time, you can't handle situations and take care of business. If you go too hard, you deprive yourself of feeling that can also be utilized for benefit. I'm not preaching, I'm just saying. I had to be hard growing up and have only lately learned what I was missing from feelings and being compassionate. Probably better than the other way around. A lot of peeps put way too much value on feelings and take the whole world personally. Must be hard to be them.

Doing this isn’t healthy. I haven’t really cried since my mother died and that happened when I was 7. Now by using detachment I think I really messed up my emotions.

Lucky for me I have ASPD and I can't feel those emotions XD

As true as this is, you should not incite violence from frustration. We're flesh and bone at the end of the day and a life could be ended before you know it.Better to step away from the situation and let cooler heads prevail, though I get that probably could not have been the case for you. Godspeed user.

If you follow this path you could end up not coming back

This. I've come to realize I suffer from dissociation in my day to day from not being in touch with myself. You need to take a long look in the mirror and realize who you are and what kind of person you are.

Showing emotion and being sad is fine, but don't let it define you. When life beats you down get back up and dust yourself off with a smile. Like Frankie said, that's life.
youtube.com/watch?v=zoXLKgX0MgU

rationalize it over in your head until you come to terms with it. if can only resort to violent thoughts. try harder. talk to a lawyer if you cant get over it and sue them.

It's never good to bottle up your emotions. In the end you never learn how to get over them or cope with them. It makes you more emotionally unstable and stunted. It's better to let yourself feel it and learn to move on. Eventually it gets better. You may not ever feel "happy," but you can feel content.

Get drunk and cry alone in your house, like the rest of us do.

Will yourself not to process something until later. It doesn't sound doable but you can suppress yourself to the point where you can choose to release your emotions at a later time of the day. Preferably when you're out of sight. You know that minute you start to feel emotion? Just fade everything in your mind to black. Anyone with even a shred of willpower can do this. It's basically putting the truth in the back of your mind and facing it later.

>was getting high with my so-called "friends"
>they talk about murder and how they want to kill me if they
ever wanted to actually kill me
>"don't take it too seriously."

>they told me if I was gay in which I reply "No."
>they laugh it off "Yea yu gay... no dought"
>"Yeah whatever..."
>they say stupid shit about each other's mothers and especially my mother and which they never saw in their life
>just stayed in the back of the car just listing to them banter about stupid shit
>opinons that sort of don't make sense
>I get paranoid as fuck
>when I say something they don't take it seriously
>I try my best to have a tough skin but I crumble too easily but I keep ignoring them at times
>try to humor them but it ends up with them taking advantage of the situation for later for others to see my weakness
>instead I stay silent while listing to them because I don't want to get hurt

As a whole...my friends are assholes... I mean, the only friend I have in that group is chill as fuck. But when his friends are around him he needs to be the center of attention while bantering everyone in the group. And whenever he picks on me, I have to just laugh it off and say "good one!" in which I feel rather hurt in the inside. They want me to have a tough skin but how the fuck can I do that when every time I try to say something they just don't care. I mean the guy is a good dude because when he and I are alone we pretty much hit it off and talk about stuff we both like. We talk about the future and other things... but around his friends, he needs to act like an asshole... not only that, but I don't have other friends... because it's going to end up the same...I tried sharing my emotions to others and they just fucking use it as ammo... how will I adapt if they don't give me a chance. Just cause I'm a hard worker and still a virgin in society...

How can I prevail into becoming an alpha chad that doesn't need to be a cry baby about everything...

Attached: d4e1b9e-37c83994-28c2-42fb-97ba-2ebfbc9a1e75.jpg (663x975, 588K)

I don't know where to begin with this post because I have conflicting opinions, but I'll do my best. My personal advice is let yourself be down or cry if you need to - don't bottle it up. Society's view of men not being allowed to show emotions is pointless and outdated, and it shouldn't be enforced. A man like you shouldn't feel the pressure to be "manly" and not show emotional at all. With that said, it's not a pass to cry every time you feel down. Bottling up emotions and trying to repress them at all isn't good for you and all you end up doing is stunting your growth, emotionally speaking.

If you choose to ignore that advice and opt for wanting to stay neutral, then it mostly comes with time and experience. Hardship and experience is what forges you as a person, and over time you'll tend to build up a tolerance to sadness. If you don't want to wait, you can try to ignore it by any way possible and do something else to distract yourself. When I had my first breakup, I drowned myself in work so I wouldn't give myself the time of day to process my emotions or what I was feeling. I let myself process it in a natural and healthy way, but I didn't do myself any favour in trying to escape my feelings. Keep in mind that running from emotions and trying to act serious and without emotion has its consequences.

At some point, you'll become completely detached from emotions and you'll get the effect that you want, but you'll eventually reach a point where you're an empty shell of a person because you're so out of touch with your emotions. Death won't phase you at all, you won't be able to shed a tear or cry, you won't experience overwhelming joy, nothing will anger you. I mean sure, you'll still feel things, but it won't truly fill you with that emotion - just a shadow of it. After I repressed my emotions, I started to feel hollow and empty all the time to the point where I didn't even dream anymore, but everything came rushing back after I had my first break up.

tl;dr: I always take them seriously... and it hurts.