I am 18 years old currently. What advice would you have given to yourself at this age?

I am 18 years old currently. What advice would you have given to yourself at this age?

Attached: sad.jpg (1000x630, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mrmoneymustache.com/2012/01/13/the-shockingly-simple-math-behind-early-retirement/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get. The FUUUUUCK. OFF Jow Forums.
FOREVER.
THIS IS NOT A DEBATE. TURN AWAY AND NEVER LOOK BACK.

IT'S EITHER NOW OR NEVER.

>What advice would you have given to yourself at this age?
Kill yourself now. This is the top

dont worry, fuck hoes, do things even if you think you will mess up, dont be stubborn, listen to what more experienced people have to say. more or less

Whatever problems you face right now (and likely see on this board at regular intervals) aren't actually that bad; especially in retrospect.

But they will get worse as you age.

I had a traumatic childhood with an abusive single mother. I moved out the very same day I turned 18 because I couldn't handle it any more. I was a very scared and fiercely defensive little bitch and I would have told myself to try my hardest to finish high school. It took me years to get my GED and I regretted wasting so much time avoiding it. I would have also pushed myself to going to a trade school so that I could learn a skill that I could take with me for life and always have a job no matter where I moved to.

Knowing what I know now, I'd love to tell myself that my/our mother was sick. She's not normal and she is, in fact, a closet-abuser. She loves to hurt people because it gives her a sense of power. She withholds love as a punishment and makes you feel like shit until she rewards you with her attention again and this is a form of gaslighting and emotional and mental abuse. I wish I could tell myself that everything I went through with her has made me who I am now and that as an adult, I have the power and authority to keep her away and that once her toxic cloud is gone, life gets so SOOOOOO much easier and better.

I'd also slap myself for dating Steve. Fuck steve.

Break up with your girlfriend. You have absolutely nothing in common and you are still on time to meet tons of girls and have fun getting to know them.

My general advice: if you're thinking of breaking up, just fucking do it. Believe me, you're not going to regret it on the long run.

You know that "fear" shit? Get rid of all of it. Confidence without cockiness is golden.

GET OFF Jow Forums

>keep being yourself and follow your instincts, external validation isn't worth it
>do befriend dealers if you want a secure supply
>switch to iOS already
>quit vidya, it's a dumb waste of time

Generally I did great by just doing what I wanted and all the mistakes on the way were valuable learning opportunities. Only mini regret I have was not actively befriending a cool-sis type co worker.

Get your money to work now!!!!! I let age sneak up and started putting money in the market in a hurry. if you do that shit now, you can retire while you are still hella young. You can be a millionaire in ten years if you take that seriously right now.

Before you do ANYTHING else in life, focus on becoming financially free of society.

mrmoneymustache.com/2012/01/13/the-shockingly-simple-math-behind-early-retirement/

Get a good job, save as much as you can, then once your investments can pay the bills, you're golden and can give the big middle finger to everyone.

>Confidence without cockiness is golden.

Legit.

OMG! JINX!!

Attached: twinsies.jpg (600x600, 50K)

GET OFF OF Jow Forums

If your parents tell you to stay in school and not work DO NOT listen to them. This alone fuked me over. I used to be one of the better students in my hs but I didnt develop my social skills and had other personal issues that followed me for years. Do not just stay in your house and study. You need skills and real world experience.

Women are psycho whore, do no give them respect.
Wait for one to fall for you and to prove her worth and then you can value her like your equal.
Before that be like a nigga who's about to be dad, be ready to leave at any moment

Don't take yourself too seriously and don't be ashamed of yourself you are funny, good looking and charming

Don't fuck up school. Smoke weed only on weeks night. Invest in bitcoin

Of course it's suited to myself ten years ago

Also if there are toxic people in your life, stay away from them. More often than not people just dont change if they had certain upbringings. These people might need psychiatric help.

One more thing; Chads aren't your enemy. Befriend them, befriend Stacie's, befriend Brads, etc. You don't have to become someone else, but a wide variety of friends is the best way to achieve anything. Friends can get you places, be those jobs or the club where you meet your love interest. Good luck, user.

Do a little Military time. It will give you an edge for the rest of your life as far as veteran status.

Don't stack up needless debt on dumb stuff, try to maintain good credit.

Try an establish investing early. The longer your money percolates the more it grows.

Don't marry a girl on her looks and willingness to fuck you.

Try and stay reasonably fit. You don't need to be shredded, but being fat will hold you back.

Stop doing drugs, brush your teeth and lift.

I also wish I had joined the military. Maybe Navy. If I could go back and redo things, I think I'd totally do this.

I live in a Navy town and so know a few folks from there. It's a great deal for the amount of time you have to do. GI Bill, VA loans, partial disability bennies, and lined up for a government service job, very good bang for the buck.

Yeah this. There is not need to suffer endlessly until you die a natural death. I'm planning my escape as we speak.

>What advice would you have given to yourself at this age?
Pick a practical career prospective, even if it's not your "dream" job. Go to a good college. 95% of jobs require a degree for even an entry level shit position, make it count.

>oh noes, I post wojaks for 18 hours a way, Jow Forums has ruined my life, I'd be an astronaut otherwise
fuck off with your le vile place excuse for your shit life
>inb4 projecting

Attached: 1527405458074.jpg (476x474, 27K)

get hobby, stay in education

Don't fuck random hookers without a rubber... they might have the ability to transfer HIV or a CompulsiveCockSuckingDisorder

Attached: 1559149699466m.jpg (1024x625, 69K)

Go to the gym, start lifting, pick a healthy diet.

Life's overall better when you aren't fatty.

When you go to college, study something practical. Don't wanna to STEM? Study Business, Economics, or Finance. You're going to have to learn how to communicate and handle your money some time, might as well spend your tuition on it. If college starts going bad, drop out and reconsider things. Take some time off, travel somewhere or work a job at home that is somewhat exciting.

Be careful who you hang around with. If you're surrounding yourself with people who you are constantly thinking are maybe a bit too unkind or not engaging or just don't want the same things as you, find new friends. Don't cut these people off, but don't settle to hang out with people you truly think are just so-so.

Take a job where you have to cold-call many times daily. This is a great internship opportunity and will make speaking to anyone in your life much, much easier. It will absolutely SUCK when you begin, but the benefits are outstanding.

Realize that you are an adult. You must have some goals. If a daily activity does not roll up to one of these goals (does not help you achieve it), consider this wasted time. Think - what are your goals? What will you be committed to? If you can really decide this at this age, you are nearly guaranteed success. I would not go to college or make any major financial decisions before this is decided. Your goals instruct all action.

It is now your responsibility to save your own money and foster your own development. This is a daily responsibility, and so much of it is just maintenance. Making certain that your mind, body, and finances are in check are just the duties of adulthood, and most of it is just sorta picking a plan and sticking to it.

i'm really afraid of not being able to study so much for university. i was not studying a lot in high school, but i'm not at all a ''trade school'' person either.

its harder to make friends when youre in your 20s so dont throw them away now

What makes you not suited for the trades?

i've never been into woodworking, or anything practical. nothing offered in these schools interests me, because i'm not a practical person. i've never gotten my hands on anything. i've never repaired anything, or created something. it's just not my thing.

Well then, it may be that the trades are not for you then.

How much studying to you really think goes into uni? Business and Econ majors can do quite well if they get above a 3.5 GPA and have a goal, and it's not a huge amount of studying to do this ( compared to STEM ).

Really I'm just asking why write off uni then?

i don't know at all. i just imagine you have to study a fucking lot. maybe not a lot to most people, but probably for me. i didn't study a lot in highschool,
just the bare minimum. and i think that this habit will stay with me on uni, and that it will make studying much harder, because i'm not used to study so much.

I knew 2 people who skipped about half of their school days in high school. They worked smart and had a lot of friends in their major and made it out with great prospects.

Also, uni's a lot different because it's easier to study with friends which made things a lot better imo. If you don't understand something you just ask them, it's also not as lonely.

But maybe your right, maybe this will be an issue you face.

So there's basically three options here. Trades, Uni, and Unknown. Unknown is like trying to start your own business without a degree or pursuing the arts.

With the trades, you hate all things that are immediate and material. With Uni, you're afraid you won't study enough. With Unkown, well it's fucking unknown. You literally have no idea if you'll be able to feed yourself.

Trades - I'd try building something and working with my hands to see if you liked it. Only after that can you rule out the trades.

Uni - You may be over-estimating the amount of studying you have to do or not considering what it's like to study in uni. Also, there are plenty of books / lectures on how to develop study habits.

Unknown - risk it if you want!

Really, it's a matter of if you want to gain an interest in the practical world ( trades ), pick up some study habits ( uni ), or just risk it ( unknown). I'd solve the study habit bit first since this will still apply to you even if you pursue the trades. If you end up considering Uni a bunch, take a semester at a community college and see if you can keep up.

If you want to try out building something with your hands, just build a table or something. See what it's like. Plumbers and electricians make fuckin bank btw.

Never stick your dick in crazy. NEVER EVER IN A FUCKTRILLION YEARS. And even she is the embodiment of your dreamlooks girl, YOU DON'T.

Fuck hoes, bitches, have fun and do some dumb shit, but always remember the above.

I know you love being alone and can never imagine yourself getting lonely, but please don't push people away. Living alone is thriving just like you imagined, but can also feel like living in a limbo where nothing matters if you don't keep yourself as many good friends as you possibly can. When they screw up, don't isolate yourself, because that's where you screw up even more.

you know that party/event you want to go but you're iffy about it? GO TO ALL OF THOSE
NETWORK A SHIT TON

id tell my 18yo self that 25 will be here b4 u know it

Preach the word of Christ, learn survival skill, get Jow Forums, learn a trade and learn your parents trade.

Start saving now.

Even 10 bucks a week will be a good amount by the time you're 30.

You’re in the wrong studies,. friends with the wrong people. and you gotta find out who you are and what you want in life sooner. You slept with 2 people and wonder of this is the end of meeting girls, it’s not. You’re gonna have your mind and PP blown. So don’t worry too much

Get fit, go to the gym or do some physical activity that keeps you in good shape and make it a habit for the rest of your life. Eat a good diet as well, learn about what ratio of carbs to fats to protein you should be consuming and stop eating shit processed food.

Being fit and exercising regularly has been the best change I've made in my life and I wish I started sooner. Getting fit and muscular will help prevent aches and pains, you'll age better, you'll be mentally sharper, you'll get more attention from the opposite sex, you'll be more confident, and it should be fun. Going to the gym is one of the things I look forward to the most in the day.

Have as much sex as you can, don’t fall in love, that can happen later.

Get on meds. Don’t go to grad school

Be strong. You are capable. Think it all through. Have patience.

Prioritize uni and hobbies more than dating

This

Start your 401k at wherever you work, have at least ONE !! Credit card with your bank just for emergencies, keep it under your mattress.

What age are you user? You can still join if you're under the age limit. You won't be the only one.

A year ago I would have said, don’t date. Focus on your schooling. You just got into an amazing college. That black whore isn’t worth you leaving. She will cheat on you, and then leave to go “find herself” just like Jow Forums said.

I would have said that my biggest mistake was burning time in chemical engineering despite starting to hate it past the 3rd year.

ask a lot of questions. get on meds if necessary. get friends you can trust and/or a GOOD therapist. ditch vidya, social media, and media in general. if you cant do that, just dont splurge.

start saving for a house & retirement now because will get harder when your older

>>renting is dead money. your paying to live in someone elses house.

if you come up against a word or a term you havent heard of before take a minute to look it up.

you can make friends at any age.

practice small talk: if you cant small talk thats a problem.

if you REALLY like somebody and you want to be with them, talk to them normally they are humans just like you.

great lovers are made not born: practice foreplay study up on female orgasms or you wont be invited back for a another turn. sex isnt a race, take your time girls prefer a all nighter to a quick fuck. practice safe sex.

get a good education.

learn how to cook and clean up after yourself. incase you invite somebody else to you domicile you need to have at least one or 2 recipies up your sleeve to impress them with.
remember to practice them first otherwise disaster ensues (not seafood or chicken for a fist timer)

do not go to university.

it's a trap to get you in debt and waste your most productive years on social hierarchy bullshit.

go travel.

To myself:

STAY IN FUCKING SHAPE. DON'T GET DEPRESSED OVER HAVING TO QUIT THE MARINES, KEEP EXERCISING HOLY SHIT PLEASE, IT'LL BE WORTH IT A FEW YEARS DOWN THE LINE.

But don't completely give up on college either. Be more responsible, go out and party more, drown the sadness by going out more. Don't flunk class just because you hate life, you'll get your chance again in spades later on.

Also, start saving up money and buy provisions to last you two months because hurricane season gets bad in 2017.

Nothing - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - that upsets you now will matter in a few years

this the advice that I keep forgetting. Thanks for this user

Disregard females, acquire currency.

I wouldnt, there is nothing I can say that would keep me from making the same mistakes.

wait I take that back, when I got to a uni dont hang out with a specific girl, she spreads rumors and has feminist friends. When you get into a university realize everyone is talking behind your back and its not good and its stuff you never did.
Feminism is the same as the ones you grew up with, it took a nose dive.
Go into acting earlier and keep voice acting. Keep your mouth shut when shit goes down around you keep your opinions to yourself unless asked for.

Money over bitches

pretty much this, not even joking

What kind of upbringings?

Be yourself fuck what others think and keep your head up

Kill yourself now. You've fucked a woman, that's about as good as its gonna get for you. All that comes from now is hardship and pain.

Seek immediate psychotherapy, unless you want to be hit by a freight train of anxiety/depression/PTSD later in life and see your degree wrecked and burning.

No one really gives a fuck, man up and concentrate on what you want to do you little pussy. Count your blessings and stop giving a shit about anything else.

This

you're retarded at that age, you wont take any of this information on board so it doesn't really matter what you're told.

Don't let others drag you down. You can only rely on one person in this world to get what you want and its you. Don't be lazy yet don't be afraid to take a day for yourself. Shitty low end jobs like retail and fast food are easy to come by; if they try to get you to put your job above everything else, say you do but you don't necessarily have to act it. Date but don't move in with people you date until at least a year of in person dating.

Enjoy your youthful butthole. After age 30 your butthole begins to sag and move around.

Kill or ne killed

>tfw depressed and already want to die at 18
and everyone says this is the top

Attached: 1515553787915.jpg (1200x1200, 246K)

Now I'm picturing op trying to run away while being chased by wojack NEETs and pepe faces calling him faggot and saying '' you'll be back!!!!''