Have any of you ever had bed bugs?

Have any of you ever had bed bugs?

What did you do about it? Just found out I have them in my apt and am not sure which approach to take. I've been apartment searching for the past few days and haven't had much luck, especially since I don't have a car so it has to be a place close to the buses or to my work.

I told my landlord and he isn't going to pay to get the place fumigated or anything, he pretty much said it's my responsibility. Should I call the department of health and try to have them force him to pay? What should I do, please help. My friends won't let me hang out with them until I solve this issue. Any advice would be really appreciated

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bedbugger.com/how-to-get-rid-of-bed-bugs-bed-bug-faqs/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're fucked, the things are pretty much invincible save a nuclear explosion or levels of heat to rival the sun. The costs to get rid of them are in the thousands at the cheapest. Don't even bother with home remedies none of them work trust me. I suffered from those faggots for almost two years. It was a living nightmare, two years of horrible sleep because of constant itching. They will probably be the end of humanity one day. The only thing you can do is move away, when you do don't leave anything to chance. Separate and clean everything you take with you. Inspect every single inch of anything you bring and you should probably just burn your clothes. Go into a clothing store change in the change room and leave your clothes behind. Taking even a single egg with you can start the whole thing over again. People kill themselves over these motherfuckers. Godspeed user, I wish you luck.

You can probably just vacuum the shit out of everything. I think those faggots will die in higher temperatures too, if you can crank it to hot as balls and live with it for a few days.

I'll fuck off now

I just love how this shit is never discussed or anything. "haha hehe don't let the bedbugs bite! Also they'll ruin your entire life if you ever get them lole!!"

Also I washed all my clothes and have them all in bags. I was planning on getting rid of all the furniture and just moving, will this really not be enough? Wouldn't fumigation be enough? What did you do about it?

They live in cracks like baseboards, underside of bed frames, and folds of fabric, like the edge of a mattress.
Steamer, clothes iron, even a hairdryer to heat things to kill them or at least to scurry out so you can kill them. The see heat at night in a dark cool room, so if you put glue traps on top of a heating pad, they will flock to it and get stuck.

I never involved professionals, didn't have the money. But I tried every home remedy I could find and nothing helped. They can hide anywhere, in the walls, in any crack or hole. You can get a lot of them but they always came back. They will crawl into the insides of your couch or any hole, even gas won't get them everywhere. You don't have to leave everything behind but I wouldn't take anything that you can't completely disinfect. So no furniture like couches or beds. Hard stuff is fine though. If you really want to keep your clothes seal them in airtight bag and leave them in the sun for the summer, then take them to a laundromat and run them a few times just to be safe. It isn't impossible to get rid of them but it didn't work for me and moving was the only thing that worked. You wouldn't believe the paranoia that built up worrying I missed something. I got lucky and they didn't follow me but it is a terrifying thing.

Godspeed friend, I had bedbugs about a year and a half ago and it was the worst thing I ever went thru.

The one thing that was in my favor (kinda?) was that I got them from my apartment neighbor, so I was off the hook paying for fumigation. My landlady had an exterminator come thru and afterwards a bedbug sniffing dog which couldn't detect any more. Literally a day later I started finding them again, rinse and repeat until I finally said fuck it and moved out. Some things I did though with my experience:

First off, most chemicals won't work on them, despite what the store labels say. You will probably have to get your apt heat-treated. They literally bring in a huge heater and heat your apartment to like 130F for about a day. Heat is bedbugs worst nightmare, much more effective than freezing them. Wash any clothes in the hottest setting and dry them in the hottest setting as well, for AT LEAST 30 min. Get some Climbup Insect Interceptors and place diatomaceous earth inside them, put them under your bed posts. Get a bedbug cover for your mattress and spring. These fuckers hide in EVERYTHING too, so if you do move out, make sure you put everything in sealable tubs and inspect everything before you move. I was finding them in book pages and poster frames. Putting electronics (games, DVDs, consoles, etc.) in airtight tubs with Nuvan Prostrips helped kill any in my electronics that couldn't survive heat treatment.

All in all, it's a really expensive process that fucking sucks. But you can get thru it. Just remember these things don't spread disease, it's all just a psychological annoyance. I still to this day have nightmares about finding them again and am really antsy about hotels. If you can prove you didn't bring the bugs in, I'd say your landlord has to pay for it. Especially if there's a threat of the bugs in your place infecting another apartment (mine literally started coming in thru my shower drain from the room below me).

If u didn't bring the bedbugs (and u probably didn't) then it's your landlords responsibility to fix it.

Tell him to fix or or you're moving and want ur deposit back.

Ask a realtor in your area to give you the legality for your state.

In all states you are owed a "livable" environment by your landlord and the moment it is not livable you can move out without penalty.

I have some advice. I got bedbugs from my neighbours. I learned a few things. Even still have my bed from then.
[1/2]

Let me immediately state that they smell your breath as nearly as fast as you can see. I would strongly recommend sitting on the floor away from the wall and furniture a while before you go to bed - this way you can see some to squish as they come to feed on you. They're also just like ticks and will drop drown on you so eye your ceilings once in a while.

Now to poison. If you have to do it yourself I'd recommend Raid Spider Blaster and making a nozzle with a straw for the hard to reach cracks. I found it more effective than any poison that you can get off the shelves here where I live.

Poison. Get. It. Everywhere minus your sheets pillow, clothes you are going to wear soon things-ya-eat-with,The downside to poison is that not only it can harm you, it will kill all benevolent insects/arachnids, as well. Read and follow the directions. Always go for the cracks but don't spray things like electronics unless its infected and let it dry before using again as the poison solution is flammable. Also drink some alcohol at home to help mitigate your personal poison intake.

Vaccum. Don't own one? buy one. Vacuum everything that can't be destroyed by a vacuum or is too cold for insects. You bed, the floor, the baseboard, the bookshelf, under the bookshelf, your bathroom. Even the ceiling. Why do you do this? To pick up any eggs or newly hatched brood - it seems the smallest stage is opaque and only 3-4x's the size of a mite and they bite too.

Misc: Open every single page of books and examine all

[...]

Attached: [aUmi.rip]_Lupin_III_S2_-_129_[5AA0F15D].mkv_snapshot_07.05_[2013.10.07_02.11.01].jpg (720x544, 25K)

[2/2]
Clothes. Put your clothes in the dyer on high for at least 30 minutes. An exterminator told me he does this every day when he comes home. Any clothes should be sealed when in storage with poison. Do not poison clothes you will wear - if pressed, poison only pants.

Bed is forlorn: get an air mattress

Bed with Mattress is NOT forlorn or you have no other options: Mattress cover - if they're cheap like at walmart buy at least two. Vinyl is recommended for comfort. Lather you bed in poison before you cover it. Use sheet and change them before you got sleep. Apply multiple dosages of poison to the bed frame mattress and box. Do no unseal that mattress for at least 1 year after the infestation is over.

Bedclothes: Wear them. if hot as hell, at least ALWAYS wear socks that cover well past your ankles. Think of old timey depictions of pajama's, sock-hat and all - that's the ideal, and that's one of the reasons why they did that, too.

Sleep: Psychosis. Get used to it. You're going to be so senstive to the touch of a bug that 1 hair gently sliding down your scalp WILL wake you up. Take these times to check your sleeping place over swearing helps during these times. You will have it long after infestation.

Blood. If you go some unsafe levels of uppers in you they're hearts will explode. That's just something I learned on bender on college break a few years before I actually got bedbugs lol

Motivation: They reproduce by a process of the male lancing his hypodermic mandible penis into the females side directly into her eggs. The female feels pain during this process.

Good luck. Don't let the bedbugs bite.

Attached: [aUmi.rip]_Lupin_III_S2_-_129_[5AA0F15D].mkv_snapshot_07.26_[2013.10.07_02.11.31].jpg (720x544, 24K)

>Misc: Open every single page of books and examine all
Oh forgot that part. My bad.

[...] containers near hot zones. They can nest anywhere as so long as two sheets of paper can fit in the space so you want to be sure the things you own and may need to help cope aren't a source of a the problem. If your poisonings are not through enough, then you will find infections in places you wouldn't think to look at first or second go.

Attached: [neo1024] Lupin III - 149 - The Treasure of Mecca Wore a Veil [03124BBE].mkv_snapshot_11.07_[2013.10 (640x480, 28K)

I had bedbugs and i just opened the window in the winter and left for a week.

I guess they died or jumped out the window.

Moving won't help. You'll bring a few hidden in your luggage and infest the new place.

Bedbug ptsd is a real thing. I had to stop looking for a minute and check my walls. Was sitting in my bed in a dark room and that’s just made me panic that they were on the walls. It’s a nightmare. First place I ever moved into only stayed for maybe 24 hours. Landlord tried to say I brought them in. They only crawled at night and it was the first night I was there- on the walls.

Bedbugger is a great site for learning about bedbugs. Here's their FAQ on what to do about them:

bedbugger.com/how-to-get-rid-of-bed-bugs-bed-bug-faqs/

Jesus fuck this thread is a scary read.

What are surefire ways to tell whether you have them when you never seen one around? I often get super itchy when trying to sleep but it's in a pretty wide area and happens when it's covered by clothes too. I never seen any bite-marks, only the "itch zone" getting red for a bit, so it could be just my diet full of sugary energy drinks, r-right?

god bless you and the peolple in this thread.

I was also clueless to bedbugs until they hit.
I never actually got them but my ex's mom had em and gave no fucks so i was always feeling phantom bites in my sleep thinking she'd infected me.

People have literally burned their home to the ground with everything in it out of frustration

get rid of that matress and bug bomb them. Also clean your room of food and garbage.

Based Lupinanon.
My 2 cents: I had only few in my room that were biting my roommate every once in a while, the fumigator found them and used the poison. The paranoia is tiring, I hope I don't ever have to deal with this shit again. In my case they were biting very rarely and didn't spread to my bed over course of few months.

Ask free legal aid, they are lawyers, realtors have working relationships with landlords.

Very good! You may of caught them early enough then to save a prolonged battle. Unfortunately a few bites is all they need. Really they only need one Just be wary of the cool or cold or damp if that applies to you for an extra while; its an exothermal creature so chill can actually prologue their dormancy life aside from making encouraging/forcing them to go dormant. Being on the ground floor or having cold water pipes may give a cool enough temp for this to happen but is contingent on you climate of course. I'm pretty far from the equator so "sleepers" are common here and second infestations once the temps climb are equally as common.

Oh yeah, one thing I forgot to mention. Bedbugs aren't for the most dirty and animalistic people again. "Again" because for a long time that was true. Why? DDT kills everything, that's why. Generally only the dirt poor got them because they couldn't afford pesticides and/or lived like barbarians. I won't lecture you only more on the sociological aspects because I could write a lot about that.

I just want you to know that its not your fault. This is how things naturally are and have since well before people even had thatched roofs that'd rain cats and dogs. It's not because you're dirty. There's a reason why these things came back 'en masse'. Don't let the status get ya. It's just a plague you've been afflicted with, at least it doesn't kill you or spread disease. You got this.

Adieu,

i heard tapping double side glue tap around your bed to catch could help

Now I got paranoid again because I found two dark dots on my sheets. Oh well. I'm leaving for several months, but if they return I'm gonna move out.
But yeah the building I live in is quite a shithole and the city in general has problems with insects, never experienced this in my home country.