How to care for open wound without a doctor?

tried to slit my wrists and didn't work - this is the deepest wound i cut. i think it remained open because its between two tendons and thus when they tense up, they pull the flesh apart.
ive had lacerations before and a particularly large on on my back turned into a pretty big keloid - i understand that if it scars that big i'll have to use cocoa butter cream to reduce its' size over time. however i'm trying to avoid all that so what are the best measures i should take to let this wound heal as best as possible without letting it get infected/scar too big?

Attached: 61630539_2388286607902835_5934250957335429120_n.jpg (1920x3440, 283K)

Jesus, it looks painful. Is visiting a fucking doc out of question?

Outside of see a doctor...?

That will need stitches to heal. It's in a bad place where it will get torn open all the time. It will scar without the doctor, 100% certain.

Be honest if you want to make up a lie. Either way you need those stitches.

Go to the ER. Since it's late, there will probably be less of a wait, but I would come up with a lie. Who knows what they'd put you through if you told them you tried to an hero and failed. As long as you don't let up, they can't drive you're lying.

Stitches. Either do it yourself or get someone else to do it. Preferably a doctor.

Failing that glue it closed or do something dumb like take a stapler to it.

it was, and i guess not.

>4 responses
>all of them scream 'doctor'.
alright. guess i'm going to the ER. my state is pretty open and accepting generally so i doubt I'd need to lie anyway. Thanks everyone

That really needs a drs attention.

Skip the ER since you're not bleeding. Schedule an appointment at your local family clinic.

Slef harm is retarded isn't it?

You don't need a doctor for that unless the injury impacted your tendons and affected functionality of your hand and fingers. Nerve damage would be questionable but unless it's severe it won't impact your daily life and will heal over time. I'm not even sure doctors can fix that anyways. Infection is easily preventable without a doctor and assuming it isn't already (it doesn't look like it) you should be more than fine keeping it washed with some regularly replaced, clean bandages/gauze. Don't be afraid to douse it in peroxide or alcohol when it gets wet after you shower or if you somehow manage to open it back up. Because you did not stitch it, it will likely scar more than normal. The only thing that would cause future complications is if there is debris in the wound.

Good luck and don't listen to these fucking pansies.

That just looks like you need to clean it with some water and put a non-adhesive dressing on it. You don't need any stitches or anything else. You don't need a doctor, or the ER.

You just need to take some responsibility for your own health.

Source: doctor

You fell for the meme. Actually it's "across the street", not "down the lane". Next time, do your anatomy homework before doing it.

my life is already a meme, not surprising my death couldve been the same

You've failed even at dying though, and not by chance, but by your poor planning. Might as well drop it altogether and start succeeding at something more productive.

I'd work on the planning first. Write down stuff you want to do at the beginning of each day, and try to do as much as possible. Note: you won't do all of it, so don't bash yourself for that.

First of all. GO TO A DOCTOR.

If you wanna be an idiot and not do that, what you should do is sanitize the wound with polydine and bandage the wound with a clean gauzepad and bandages.
Preferrably, have it done to you by someone who knows what they're doing.

But holy shit user please go see a fucking doc. I'm only a combat medic, they would help far better than me.

The wound is already infected.
Healing without scar is unlikely.
Get medical gauze from a pharmacy, and whatever OTC ointment for wounds you can get.
What about your tetanus shots?

buy 'povidon iod' and use it 2-3 times daily all over the wound

> t. someone whose "anatomy homework" consisted of watching tv

That has to be properly disinfected, examined, and stitched up at least 7 stitches.

You being afraid of doctors doesn't make anyone pansies, it makes you a retard.

Why did you do that?

I know this is not going to do anything but please don't kill yourself because you are probably a cool guy:)
-user

>he said this line, after which, content with his gesture of solidarity, he promptly continued to ignore user for the rest of his life

t. somebody who thinks you can cut a blood vessel by cutting parallel to it

Why do cutters always feel the need to show everyone that they cut themselves?

"SEE?!?!?! I'M IN PAIN!!! THE CUTS REPRESENT THE BLEEDING OF MY FRAGILE HEART! ACKNOWLEDGE ME!!"

Fucking go to the doctor and quit looking for attention on Jow Forums. Everybody's got pain and everybody's gotta deal with it. Deal with yours and shut up already.

Please get help for your depression.

your veins and arteries don't run horizontally across your arm, dipshit. literally take an anatomy class or fuck off.

Man, I want to kill myself but I'm fucking terrified of pain (although recently depression is starting to overcome the fear). Did you do this while under the influence or something, or was it bare bones?

That's just what I'm saying you idiot.

>thinks from top to bottom is "horizontal"

jesus christ you are retarded.

getting some mixed responses between doctor and no doctor so i'll settle for a happy in between for a GP or simply someone at the nearest health clinic - its probably best i seek advice from someone who knows what they're doing anyway. i dont even remember how fully deep the cuts are, so im not sure if stitches are needed or not but if im gonna give living a shot i should start properly.

thanks for all the detailed medical advice everyone!

sipped a little too much dumb bitch juice

already tried and i figured since i already agree with
i figure its best i stick to my conscience and try to get better at being an adult and solving my problems.

though, if anything i was expecting more comments like these than anything else - health care is expensive in america so just wasnt sure if i should head for the doctor right away, figured Jow Forums would be a good place to get quick third opinions.
but because you sound a lot like me, you dont sound fully stable yourself. it works at first but eventually even you yourself may no longer be able to follow through with that approach. you should get some help too.

no drugs or nothing. just run of the mill inability to solve my own problems, user.

Keep them clean and dry (ofc wash with water if it gets dirty), air them for at least a few hours everyday, they look like they are healing nicely, go to the doctor and get stitches

And most importantly don't slit your wrists

Breadcrumps with your own salive on the inside, alcohol to prevent infection, very tight bandage.
After 24 hours open it to see how it's, reapply alcohol, etc.

Depends on how many things you have, the simplest thing would be to pour some alcohol over the wound and cover it with a clean rag.

Now regarding the circumstances, wanna talk about it?