Why do people judge women who don't wear makeup?

Why do people judge women who don't wear makeup?

Attached: phaip72z282qbwe.jpg (640x640, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kff.org/other/state-indicator/adult-overweightobesity-rate-by-gender
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Could ask the same for men

Make up makes you look prettier and more put together.
Women are held to higher standards when it comes to their physical appearance.
You appear lazy and slobby without make up, unless you are *incredibly* pretty.

>t. woman who doesn't wear make up much

Men are hypocrites who hate on makeup, but then call "ugly" women who don't wear makeup.

Fuck that noise. I am not incredibly pretty, I never wore make up and my husband worships me all the same. People who think that a woman "appear lazy and slobby without make up" need to die in a fire.

Yeah but that's the way many people think, at least subconsciously lol.

It's not the way my husband thinks, which is why he is my husband and all other men who think that way aren't.

>my beta husband worships me so all other men should too

Attached: despair.png (610x461, 116K)

It's a shitty attitude that turns lots of women away
But you do you. Don't complain how lonely you are though.

I mean, my boyfriend doesn't care much either that I don't wear make up. But the vast majority of the population doesn't think what he thinks. Most people think that a woman who doesn't wear make up isn't that pretty, is slobby, is lazy, isn't put together, etc.
Do I care? Not particularly. I can go through my everyday life without being particularly bothered by it. But if I have to positively impress someone, I do put some make up on.

>Women are held to higher standards when it comes to their physical appearance.
Really?

Yes, really.
If you don't think that's the case get out of r9k and talk to real human beings.

I don't. Either they like me as I am, or they don't. I only want those who like me as I am.

We do?

That's great for you. I'm not losing a job opportunity because I wanted to make a statement and not wear mascara.

Unless you work in modeling you getting that job opportunity shouldn't depend on your mascara, it should depend on your skills. That's how I got my job.

Seems like you're a femcel, lol.

i dont, I just dont say or think about it at all.

It's extremely naive to think that the only thing that matters is the skills you have, and not the person you are and the impression you give.
If you have great skills but you seem unlikable or unprofessional, people are not going to hire you.
People were often willing to invest in training me because I seemed amicable, professional, intelligent and willing to learn. Wearing make up is part of looking professional, in the same way I do my hair neatly and wear nice clothes.

Have a pretty stable long term relationship, thanks.
I just have some basic understanding of how reality works. Women are judged for their looks much more often than men are, and often it's the main thing society cares about when they look at a woman.

That's not true, go back to Tumblr and come back once you've learned how to respect men. Maybe you'll get laid too if you were nice to men.
And women have a lot more opportunities than men and even have quotas at workplaces and schools.

Dunno, never really liked it outside of theatrics or ceremonial purposes.

It just feels a bit dishonest, insecure, and gaudy when worn daily.

Yet, then I'm offending everybody who DOES wear makeup, because it makes them feel pretty and they take pride in dressing themselves up.

I don't know, man. If that's your thing, that's your thing. I get it, and I can appreciate artistry, I just think a lot of people overdo it.

I mean, there are people that light animals on fire. I don't ask why they do it, the answer is apparently obvious. Everybody except for me is absolutely insane.

Are you trolling or are you stupid? Lol.

There's very substantial research that shows how women are judged about their looks more often and more harshly in different spheres of their life.

Never been to tumblr. Always been very nice to men. Get dick multiple times a day.
The rest of your post has nothing to do with make up.

Women look better without make up. Make up is stupid and a waste

I can't agree with you here because going by your own logic I already am likable and professional without make up, as I have never worn it and always wore the clothes I want, yet I got hired all the same and my bosses were willing to invest in training me because I seemed amicable, professional, intelligent and willing to learn without needing to wear make up for it.

Post your sources, dumb cunt.

I’m glad my gf never wears makeup

Or simply you work in a field where there are much lower standards for what is deemed professional. It's, again, extremely naive to think that any profession but "model" has the same standards as your job for what is considered professional.
My boyfriend would probably be fired on the spot if he showed to work in a t-shirt, my father goes to work in a t-shirt every day.

There's this website called google where you can find all the material you wish for to become more knowledgeable about different subjects.

I like natural, but I'm not going to lie, the first chick to give me a serious fucking sexual charge was masterful with her war paint.
God damn. I need more of that right now.

Too much make up and you look like a clown, as did so many of the girls I went to highschool/middleschool with. But a little bit in the right places can do wonders.

But uh, I imagine that most people generally dont give a shit whether or not you wear make up. I know I don't.

>posts picture of a woman wearing makeup
OP did you really think this was a no makeup look?

>too much makeup
>highschool
It's not about the amount, it's about the skill level and style. Sometimes the most "natural" looks take the most time and product.

Why are women on average more often overweight and obese than men then, if the pressure to look good is higher.

fatties are an anomaly, nobody gives a shit about fatties one way or the other.

Because it is much easier for women to be fat due to lower metabolism and hormones.
It's not true, tho. 71% of men and 60% of women are considered obese or overweight.

I dunno dawg, I just remember one chick who caked the makeup on so thick you could fucking see it sticking up like half a centimeter over her skin, just awful. And another chick I knew always gave herself that egyptian cat eyeshadow thing, horrendous.

cope

why do women judge me for wearing big comfy cargo shorts with lots of pockets and the big comfy shirt I slept in?

Why always any sort of argument from women turns into this / pic related argument?

Attached: crazy girls.jpg (800x800, 144K)

>Or simply you work in a field where there are much lower standards for what is deemed professional
Oh lol, you wish. Nobody cares how you look in IT, but if you aren't delivering on your professed skills, if you're not capable of working in a team, if you aren't capable of working within a deadline, if you aren't capable of solving unexpected problems in very limited time, if you aren't capable of staying cool and keeping a clear head under pressure, you're out. You're out no matter what, because you don't have basic skills to work in IT. That's what being professional is.

that's literally all they have to offer us.

>Nobody cares how you look in IT
So you agree with me and there are much lower standards for what is deemed professional when it comes to look.
Great rant, that's what being professional is in all fields. In fields where you also are in contact with clients, you also have to appear put together because people judge you by your looks.
Glad we agree. Have a good one.

>It's not true, tho
It is though.

Attached: Age-adjusted prevalence of obesity among U.S. adults ages 20 and over, by sex and race and Hispanic (560x321, 12K)

sometimes the hand is a better option

Also, this whole muh hormones and muh metabolism is cope. Just don't eat more than you burn off, fatty.

I think you two are arguing semantics while using each others specific points label each other in a broad insulting spectrum.

I'd pretty much respond to this with a joke about not hurting my hand's feelings.
>don't listen to her, baby. She's just jealous of what we have.

they're certainly on the spectrum alright.

That looks to be a chart about obesity (no sources, no title, no anything so it's hard to assess), which isn't what you claimed in your post.
Here's some data about overweight *and* obesity: kff.org/other/state-indicator/adult-overweightobesity-rate-by-gender

Also overall there isn't a huge difference beside for black women vs black men, and black women aren't a huge category of the population.

I'm 114 lbs at 5'6".
It's just biology tho, it's easier for women to get fat than it is for men. We still get fat less often overall.

>Most people think that a woman who doesn't wear make up isn't that pretty, is slobby, is lazy, isn't put together, etc.
Is that really how it is in America or is this something women tell themselves to justify the time and money they spend on caking their faces?

Why do A cup women judge me for not having an 8 inch dick?
It's not fair.

This is true. People think I'm wearing makeup when I'm not and are surprised how great I look. But after knowing I don't wear makeup they all tell me to wear it because I would look even better. But like I'm already beautiful so if I ever wear anything it's just eye or lip tints, nothing more.

>lol wat

I'm not American. I don't wear make up on a daily basis.
When people (including me) see a woman with acne, dark circles and such they instinctively think less of her and assume she's lazy with her appearance and slobby. It's like seeing a man with a stained t-shirt.

women are ugly without makeup

I already replied to you but I want to add: the STANDARD for women in all societies (western, eastern, doesn't matter) is to look youthful, radiant and pretty. People think less of them if they don't.
Since women are heavily judged for their appearance, in all moments of their life, it is important for them to always look like that. It's very hard to achieve that without make up because people sometimes don't sleep well, or get pimples, or are stressed and busy, or just have shitty features.

>People

No, not people.
Other women.

No, other people. Even the penis weidling ones. Rather presumptuous of you to think you know my own experiences better than me who experienced them but okay lol.

And I have nice skin, full eyebrows, long eyelashes, and nice bone structure which are things people usually enhance anyway. If you wear natural makeup the goal is to look like this, not stage makeup.

>So you agree with me and there are much lower standards for what is deemed professional

Not at all, in fact there are higher standards actually because what is deemed professional is deemed on content rather than appearance, meaning you can't weasel your way into a job, you have to deliver.
And that's true for all skills-based jobs actually. Nurses aren't hired for their looks. Doctors aren't hired for their looks. Writers aren't hired for their looks. Rumiko Takahashi never cared to make herself pretty for other people, and all the editors who turned her down because they judged her for her looks are all objectively idiots as Ranma 1/2 is a global success. So I stand by my point, people who think that a woman appears lazy and slobby without make up need to die in a fire.

>Since women are heavily judged for their appearance, in all moments of their life, it is important for them to always look like that

Lol no. I got a husband and a good job without thinking dementedly like that. In fact when I thought like that I was miserable and it showed, when I stopped caring and started being myself - not caring if people don't like that I don't wear makeup, etc. - that's when I got everything make up was allegedly supposed to get me. Speak for yourself.

Cutting sentences halfway when you quote people is quite an insult to your own intelligence.

Being capable of presenting yourself in a certain way is important in a lot of jobs, and it is a skill too. Being able to show a possible employer that I can make myself look very put together, including showing him that I know how to groom myself and dress myself, is part of being good at my job.
I obviously wouldn't get my job if I didn't have all the other skills necessary to be productive.

Any job where you have to be in contact with a client should include you being able to present yourself in a certain way. Your job probably doesn't involve that much, mine does.

You're not like other girls, we got ya.

>Being capable of presenting yourself in a certain way is important in a lot of jobs, and it is a skill too. Being able to show a possible employer that I can make myself look very put together, including showing him that I know how to groom myself and dress myself, is part of being good at my job.

Which brings me back to my previous post , as I didn't need make up to, as you say, show a possible employer that I can make myself look very put together, which also as you say is a skill too. Are you saying you are inferior to me?

>Any job where you have to be in contact with a client should include you being able to present yourself in a certain way
Nurses, bakers, soldiers, doctors, and all other professions where sell what you create or you possess extremely important skills disagree. Or you think people are going to refuse treatment because these nurses doesn't wear make up?

Attached: nurses.jpg (1183x699, 95K)

>I didn't need make up to, as you say, show a possible employer that I can make myself look very put together
Because it isn't important for your job: as you said, "no one gives a fuck about how you look in IT".

A patient is not a client. A person you kill is certainly not a client. People who serve clients at bakeries often wear make up.
A pleasant appearance is important in any job where you are in contact with clients. Make up enhances your appearance, and makes you look more put together. And when the client pays you more for your services, they also want you to appear more professional, attractive and put together: maybe you can get away with looking a little shabby if you sell bread at a bakery but not if you sell diamonds at Cartier.

No one gives a flying fuck, it's literally all just in women's heads.

Make up is easier than working out

But you're the one who claimed not wearing make up is losing a job opportunity because people are not going hire me if I look unlikable and unprofessional by not wearing make up. You're the one that claimed women must wear make up or they won't look amicable, professional, intelligent, willing to learn and whatever else you claim, and will lose out that way. Now you're backpedaling and admitting no, it's not always like that, in fact it often isn't like that and people who think it is are idiots who lose out on good professionals? Thanks for admitting the obvious.

>People who serve clients at bakeries often wear make up
Nope. Not the women who actually bake what you're going to eat and who also sell it to you, I've never seen any of them wear make up because it makes no sense to. They don't need it, especially if what they sell is good.

>A person you kill is certainly not a client
But the Army is your employer, and the Army cares you can kill, not your appearance.

>A patient is not a client
The American system disagrees with you.

>A pleasant appearance is important in any job where you are in contact with clients
But there's plenty jobs where you aren't or it doesn't matter and anyone who judges a woman as lazy and sloppy for not caring about shit that's unnecessary for her, such as make up to a nurse or to a woman baker who sells you the bread SHE baked, are people that need to die in a fire.

Well, if we're being fair, arguing anecdotes is a waste of time to begin with.

I just see a bit of a bias in the topic of interest towards women who are nearly in totality indoctrinated into this ideology that they'll be more desirable if they consume and wear beauty products, and men who's only real motivation for the encouragement of this behavior to be purely egotistical in nature.

After all, how good is it for the average man if an average woman could simply apply make-up to increase her perceived market value?

In a professional setting, it would be foolish to base hiring decisions solely off of aesthetics alone for the majority of occupations, as it's simply not relevant in most positions. While it may aid in initial presentablility at an interview, I feel it would be disingenuous to attribute success to the use of makeup in that scenario.

Overall, it just seems unnecessary. Men are ugly, so it's okay for women to be ugly too.

My concern is that women become so normalized to the application of makeup that they feel it's a requirement of them, and that they're lesser if they don't consume those products. That sort of psychological dependence just isn't good for mental health, and I think a lot of women are being manipulated by businesses on this premise.

I don't care for that.

Women without makeup are often ugly 99% of the time. Some women not so, but not too many, and it doesn't last when they get old except for a select few. Thing is though the only reason for that is the fact that they all wear makeup in the first place which raises the standard and makes non-makeup users uglier by comparison usually.

It'd be nice if women didn't wear makeup and we could normalise how they look without it. But there's nothing to do about it. Women who wear makeup look better than those who don't and so will do better at getting higher quality men. That incentive will always be there so women will always wear makeup.

This is why you need to balance their attractiveness with other qualities.

desu mostly everyone is ugly, or soon will be as they age. Very few people are actually genuinely beautiful.

I never claimed anything you say I've claimed. Maybe read our conversation again.
My point was always that an employer is going to judge you more positively if you're more put together, and obviously if it's a job where in your every day life you'll be required to wear formal clothes, showing up at the interview in jeans without make up isn't going to give the right first impression.
And appearances matter in all sorts of jobs, not just "modelling". All jobs where you're in contact with clients care about the way you look.

>Not the women who actually bake what you're going to eat and who also sell it to you
I've never seen women at a bakery shop without make up, nicely done hair or clean clothes.

> the Army is your employer, and the Army cares you can kill, not your appearance.
Because you have no contact with clients, lol.

>The American system disagrees with you.
Patients aren't clients, no matter where you are.
A patient is a person in extreme pain who needs help, being extremely put together is probably a bad thing here because it makes people uncomfortable.

No one needs to "die in a fire" for anything. People judge different things as important. Free to associate with whoever you want.

>I never claimed anything you say I've claimed
No, you did. Read your own posts again.

>showing up at the interview in jeans without make up isn't going to give the right first impression
Funny you say that because I showed up in jeans without make up and apparently that did give the right first impression.

>I've never seen women at a bakery shop without make up
I have. Clean clothes obviously, hair pulled up to be hygienic obviously, but make up? Nope. And the bread was delicious.

>you have no contact with clients
But you spoke about employers judging you, first.

>Patients aren't clients, no matter where you are
Again, the American system disagrees with you.

Attached: medical bill.jpg (474x655, 39K)

Again with cutting the quotes, lol. Really rude, really makes you appear like you don't have a point and you're extremely stupid.
You obviously work a job where your appearances don't matter. That's not most jobs.

>But you spoke about employers judging you, first.
Yes, because I was talking about myself losing a job opportunity due to not looking put together enough.
I would lose job opportunities if I showed up in jeans without make up because, at my job, that's not even okay for a casual friday.

>Again, the American system disagrees with you.
No, it doesn't. I studied this kind of thing. There's a reason why it's okay to wear make up if you're a female plastic surgeon but not if you're an oncologist.
People don't want to look at you being glamorous and at the top of your game when they're suffering, they don't care as much if they're there to get fresh new boobies.

I only bring up the relevant points in your shitposts, you getting mad does not make my replies any lesser, it just shows how petty you are at being proved wrong.

>I was talking about myself losing a job opportunity due to not looking put together enough.
You never stated you were talking about your weird, highly specific job though. /You first stated that not wearing make up is losing a job opportunity here where you said nothing about your job, you just said to you not wearing make up is a "statement" that apparently makes one lose opportunity. You knew nothing about, you just jumped to conclusions. That's not very professional of you.

>No, it doesn't
Yes it does. What makes one a client?

Because so few women are actually naturally beautiful and we are held to a higher standard when it comes to looks.
At best we go with natural makeup, and for those who don’t know;
Its makeup that makes you look more pretty while hiding you’re wearing makeup.
We mortal women are like ninjas when it comes this stuff.

>it just shows how petty you are at being proved wrong.
No. It annoys me that you misrepresent my arguments.
My quote was "if it's a job where in your every day life you'll be required to wear formal clothes, showing up at the interview in jeans without make up isn't going to give the right first impression". You conveniently cut off the first part and talked about how you got your job where "no one gives a shit about how you looks" by your own admission, going at the interview without giving a shit about your looks.
Really shows, again, how painfully stupid you are or how low you have to stoop to make a point. I'm not even mad, just disappointed by your dialectical skills.

>You never stated you were talking about your weird, highly specific job though.
I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear enough that I was talking about myself losing a job opportunity when I said that "I'm not going to lose a job opportunity", and not about someone else.
For me, not wearing make up in an environment where I am required to is making a statement. I didn't jump to conclusions, I know my job market.
Very unprofessional of you to not be able to read, I suppose?

Patients fit the definition of clients because they are people who pay for services you can provide, but as a doctor or a nurse you never, at any point, should treat them as your clients. There's a distinct way you are trained to treat a patient as a person who is in need of your help and your compassion. The moment when you treat a patient as a client, you failed as a doctor. This includes not appearing glamorous.
There's a lot to read about the topic, I can link it to you if you wish.

You're lucky that your husband has low standards. Just because 99.9% of men would prefer their woman to be attractive doesn't mean they should all be burned at the stake.

>mascara decides if you're professional or not
Lmfao
No. It makes you look more fuckable, which is whats actually helping you get the job.

The way you present yourself makes you look more professional.
Wearing a very minimal but nicely done make up helps appearing more professional and elegant. Like wearing a nice dress, good jewellery, doing your hair nicely, having your nails done, etc.

I was interviewed by a woman, I doubt she wanted to fuck me.

Call it whatever you want. Overall you are making yourself more fuckable, which is whats actually determining their opinions on you.

Look. Someone who dosent get it.
I love Jow Forums.

>I was interviewed by a woman, I doubt she wanted to fuck me.
Its not about her wanting to fuck you. Its about you being fuckable. Women judge each other based on their appearances more harshly than men do. So no, its not about looking professional. Its about looking fuckable.

I get it completely. Women are judged on their appearances. The more fuckable you are the better off you are on the social ladder. It has nothing to do with professionalism it has everything to with sex appeal.

Have a sneaky feeling you have superiors that are women and this is your way of getting the insecurity and jealousy out of your system.

Not really, no. I don't doubt I'm making myself better looking, but I don't make myself more "fuckable". Your appearance determines people's opinion of you. But at a job interview you don't try to look "fuckable", unless that's the career you're looking for, it's about looking good, reliable, comfortable and put together.
It's exactly the same thing as a man shaving, styling his hair or wearing a nice suit.

If I wanted to make myself more fuckable, I'd go heavy on the seductive parts of the face (eyes and lips), or wear clothes that enhance my figure, but that's extremely unconventional at a job interview: normally you go with a nude, natural, simple look and very prudish clothes.
You don't want people to think you're sexy. You want people to think you know what you're doing.

You're clearly misunderstanding the point that femanon is trying to make. Unless you have the wisdom or the experience to know how other people perceive you, then assuming that a person's first impression of you will be based on the depth of your personality rather than the way you look is fucking wrong.

Everyone prefers to work with people who are attractive, regardless of whether they want to fuck them or not. Even an ugly person can receive a warm welcome as long as they maintain above average hygiene.

The entire purpose of makeup is to help a woman to be charismatic and confident. A woman who feels ugly usually comes off as a fucking wretch and nobody, and I mean NOBODY wants to be around a wretched female.

I have a sneaky feeling you are being confronted by the truth of your existence, that your value lies solely in your sex appeal, and this is making you upset at me for merely pointing out the obvious.

>don't doubt I'm making myself better looking, but I don't make myself more "fuckable".
That is making yourself more fuckable. You silly cunt.

>The entire purpose of makeup is to help a woman to be charismatic and confident.
Because they feel sexier in it. Aka they make themselves more fuckable.

>everything people do is because of sex

Attached: 1543598513487.jpg (166x250, 5K)

No, it isn't. If I wanted to make myself more fuckable, I'd wear a red lipstick, cat eye eyeliner, and wear a low cut body fitting dress.
I wear mascara, a BB cream, a nude lipgloss and work clothes that are normally pants, heels and a blouse.

Attached: 82ADF6E4-3334-4B85-8294-80D7714C8BB9.jpg (552x550, 71K)

Yes, actually. The entire reason societies are built is so we humans have a safe place to meet interact and breed.

Now I see your problem. You think fuckability is tied only to racey sexy cat eyeliner kind of shit. Hell no. A woman can be incredibly modest in dress, but if her face is pretty and her figure isn't fatwhale, she will be fuckable.

Because they are obnoxious assholes.
>I look good without makeup tee hee I'm naturally beautiful

>AKSHUALLY

Human beings have a lot more depth to them than you give them credit for, user. Maybe if you spent more time socializing and less time watching porn you'd have a more sophisticated grasp of human nature.

I'm fuckable even in an oversized t-shirt without make up and with my hair in a bun. I've been fucked numerous times dressed like that.
The purpose of dressing well for a job interview or for work is not to be more fuckable. That's the point I'm arguing.

>Human beings have a lot more depth to them than you give them credit for, user
Not really. Most middle class people are very basic and only live on auto pilot mode through work, sex, netflix, food, sleep.

That is exactly the point I am making. I never said you are unfuckable without makeup, I said it makes you MORE fuckable. That is what makeup is doing for you, its making you look prettier aka more fuckable.

Human beings have needs that go above and beyond the basic ones. Maybe if you spent more time listening to people rather than assuming that you know how the world works you'd actually realize this.

Then again, you're probably just as dense as the people you are criticizing.