Antidepressants or suicide?

What do you reckon is the better option?

Antidepressants mean that you are basically too much of a pathetic weak sack of shit to actually compete in the world, don't they?

Attached: antidepressants.jpg (768x516, 36K)

Well, if that’s the way you think your probably better off with suicide

exercise and healthy diet

realize people were never meant to live like they do today (screens, sex all the time, angry feminists, atheism, radio waves, social media)

realize being unable to 'keep up' in such a world is not a failing of you, it could just be a failing of that world

realize every civilization thought they were the pinnacle of technology and freedom, every one of which collapsed

entertain my hypothetical: you travel back in time to your cavemen anscestors and ask them what they would do after filling them in on society 2019... what do they advise?

>eat meat and vegetables
>run
>fuck hot sluts

Maybe.

I've been trying to do those - I went to the gym yesterday. But I've been unemployed for... four years at this point. Yeah it's pretty bad. I was 24 when I had a full-time, salaried job. I quit it because, I dunno, I was unhappy with certain things, including the fact that I felt a bit forced into taking the job by someone I knew. I planned to do something else instead... but I dunno, I was arrogant and complacent, and initially I was like "sweet, I don't have to go to work every day! I'm just gonna sit around and do fuck all." But that was obviously dumb. But I guess I was maybe "depressed" even before I quit - I was turning up to work late, I even threw my phone and wallet away, I guess I had just reached this state of being angry with everything, I don't really know why.

Yeah, I made massive mistakes, basically. I definitely dealt with things in completely the wrong way. Previously I have had a few jobs that I was absolutely fine with. I worked in a supermarket for a year when I was 18/19 and I was never unhappy with that job at all. I loved earning money. I think it's just with this last salaried job, I felt I had been pushed into it, and I felt I didn't have control over my life anymore, which made me angry, and so I ended up quitting my job to try and gain ownership of my life again I guess, but it was obviously a fucking dumb thing, unless I was definitely going to do something else after. But once I quit I guess I thought in the back of my mind, why would someone hire a guy who just quits jobs with nothing else lined up.

Maybe I should just go talk to a fucking therapist.

This is kinda my problem too.
I reached ludicrous levels of self-sabotage and my grades and social life are taking massive hits.
I can't fathom seeing a therapist or being dependent of drugs but I absolutely have to do something...

Attached: wjk.jpg (385x387, 17K)

But in my case it is my own fault. I quit my last job because I felt angry or some shit. Felt like I had been pushed into the job and I wasn't in control of my life. I shouldn't have quit though, even though I was frustrated - I should have looked for other jobs while I was still in that job.

I had jobs in the past, and I loved them, because I was the one that got those jobs, without anyone pushing me into them. I loved earning money and being independent and all that shit.

But yeah, I've fucked up badly. Been out of work for four years now. It's pretty bad I guess.

That’s the double edge sword of this board. I’m here to help people but sometimes I’m just like

Attached: 27196FF0-DE19-47A3-8CF8-7B00412CDED0.png (480x454, 307K)

>Maybe I should just go talk to a fucking therapist.

If you have a choice user, take it. Consider people that really don't have an option. In my case I also self sabotaged myself though not THAT bad imo I was always a good employee wherever I worked but I had a lot of problems I couldn't escape from that had little to do with me and now I'm thinking I can still finish what I started and I can still do something to improve my situation. The odds are against me, but if I have a chance, why not take it?

I no longer care if it is pathetic to take meds. I have lost so much to depression and I recently got another kick in the balls. I just want to be normal. If that means eating stuff that fucks with my brain chemistry so be it.

that's all in the past and it's just a fucking job
go get another one

OP here. Sounds like you are still in school or university. In which case, you're young. And if you have friends at all, that's a good thing. You've got the whole world ahead of you.

I am 28. I have been unemployed since 2015, when I was 24. I quit my job myself, which was the dumbest thing I could have ever done. In the last few years I have ended up being detained in a psychiatric hospital three times (first time was at the end of 2017), due to "depression".

So yeah, you're not in a terrible position in comparison. Are you still doing stuff every day? Like going to school or university? If so, you're not doing too bad. But yeah by all means go see your doctor if you want to.

Yeah I think the option is open to me on the NHS (Britain's health service).

Have you ended up unemployed too? If it's not bad as me then you've probably still got reason to be optimistic.

I guess that's one way to look at it.

Yeah I probably should to be honest.

>Antidepressants mean that you are a pathetic weak sack of shit

Really? What about alcohol?

OP here, I've never had an alcohol problem personally, the last time I drank alcohol was a long time ago, maybe at Christmas, I can't remember really.

Do you have an alcohol problem then? If so, that sucks. I'm sure there are ways to get help out there.

OP here again, I'm thinking maybe suicide is just the better option. I mean everyone cops it at some point don't they? It's either now or a few decades from now. When people have things to live for - when they think they can be successful, or at least have a family - then they keep on living. When people think they don't have any chance of this sort of stuff anymore, that's when they top themselves, right?

>Antidepressants mean that you are basically too much of a pathetic weak sack of shit to actually compete in the world
That's retarded. Does taking insulin for diabetes mean that you're too much of a pathetic weak sack of shit to actually compete in the world? If you're dying from a bacterial infection, will you refuse antibiotics because that would make you a pathetic weak sack of shit? Why even wear winter clothes? If you freeze to death it's because you're too much of a pathetic weak sack of shit to compete in the world, right?

A ton of highly successful people have either taken or still take antidepressants.

Diabetes and bacterial infections aren't caused by being a weak sack of shit. But in my case, I quit my job, stupidly. And so this situation has been caused by me being a weak sack of shit. That's the difference.

I think you are the weakling here, with a huge ego.

Listen retard, if you are "depressed" you are a weakling, period. Now if you just cannot be awesome instead, using pills till you can fix it it's a good solution, being a sack of shit and living miserably willingly is stupid.

Better yourself with all the tools modern world gives you!

bro just smoke some weed

Anti depressants are better than suicide, but its not a magic pill. You need to so other things to improve your life too.

Visit a therapist.