How do i shut my brain off at night so that i could sleep better?

how do i shut my brain off at night so that i could sleep better?

Attached: 1546451734865.jpg (330x343, 11K)

Drugs, noise, be physically exhausted when the day is out...

you cant. The voices will become louder the demons will manifest god will cry and you will have nightmares. We live for eternity.

gee thanks guys...
>be physically exhausted when the day is out
probably the most handy advice i got here

Bump

Being tired is the best way to go to sleep easily.
I suggest aiming for 7-9 hours of sleep. Adjust what time you get up in the morning so that you'll hit the 7-9 hours window.

Get shit done, do a little extra, exercise. When your sleep window approaches, wind down, relax.

While in bed, focus on relaxing every single part of your body. Do a literal function check of every muscle you can consciously move, and relax them all. You will have to adjust your resting position as you do this.

Once that is done, breathe and hold until you feel the need to exhale, do this for a few cycles.

You should now be completely relaxed, close your eyes and sleep will come.

Melatonin

Not drinking caffeine too late in the afternoon has helped me a lot. That, and being legit, actually, physically tired when I go to bed. Do that, make sure your room is dark, turn on a fan, and you should sleep fine. If not, try drinking rooibos, or chamomile tea, or taking melatonin.

Just stop caring. Laying in a bed in a dark room, trying not to think of anything, kicking yourself because you can't do it, is tantamount to torture. People practice meditating for years to do that.

Instead go to sleep once you feel tired, and your body will ajust to the alarm. Don't sweat thinking about shit. It's not the time to ask yourself "What's the meaning of life" but something mundane like "what should I eat tommorow" is fine. You'll honestly be asleep within five minutes, if you don't put effort into it.

You could also completly switch your sleep clock to go to sleep after work, for a generous time window, then mostly live your life at night.

Then just google general advice like "Don't drink water with x hours of sleep, turn the lights off and whatever". You might think you're above it, but millions of years of evolution has wired your brain to think a ceartain way. Besides the usal obvious advice you get from that I'd chuck in if reasonable silence isn't attainable, some noise with a consistent rythm/pacing to drown it out can be better then a mixed bag of annoyances.

But yeah just relax, and google for general advice. If you still can't get those 8 hours after about a week, I'd just shift my sleep schedule so there's no pressure to have to clear your mind and pass out at a specific time. Better than living always tired.

trazodone

physical exhaustion

Create a fantasy story in your mind that you are the main character of. Try and create an episode storyline in your head. If you like video games imagine something like SAO.

You will fall asleep pretty quick. Dunno why it works.

zen meditation

Try to think of a relaxing place. Keep your eyes closed. You're still getting rest even if you aren't asleep.

every time I’m tipsy I fall asleep almost immediately

Pop xanx before bed you’ll be dead like a zombie

Don't resort to drugs OP you're better than that.

Attached: 636105398337205406-1549221672_Loving-Vincent-Film.jpg (809x806, 142K)

ASMR works for me.

One of these will make you sleep about 10 hours.

Attached: giphy (4).gif (500x500, 1.1M)

Sometimes works for me, sometimes doesn’t:

Start pointing your brain in the most abstract and aimless direction you can. Purposely let it think up complete and utter nonsense.

I will have my brain start making up stories of books or show plot lines following specific characters, and then slowly low focus of what it’s doing so that the characters are responding to completely nonsensical items or will almost purposefully interject completely clashing thoughts like:

Luke skywalker walked down the dark hallway with his lightsaber at his belt. He was dressed in his early days white garb, and held a serious expression on his face.
Purple hippopotamus.
Hungry hungry hippo.
Hamburger.
McDolads had a thief who wore a fedora.
Never going to give you up.

Until I basically burn my brain out and I completely lose consciousness. The idea is to force yourself to let go of control of your thoughts and lose focus.

It’s hit or miss with trying to get to that level of stream of consciousness, but every time I do, I always pass out.

Otherwise: I’m 80% guaranteed to pass out after a 14+ hour workday (unless I stop myself from falling asleep by reading or posting something, in which case ill basically become so tired that I becomes impossible for me to fall asleep)

Cannabis tincture.

This is a hard question, what i can tell you is what you absolutely shouldn't do.
>Drink alcohol for the purpose of getting sleep
>Use sleeping pills
Alcohol severly limits the quality of your sleep
Sleeping pills don't put you to sleep, it paralyses your brain instead. The important processes that are the reason you need to sleep in the first place don't/barely function.

Pretty much this