I've lived alone in this comfy, cheap apartment for a little over a year. I just recently turned 26...

I've lived alone in this comfy, cheap apartment for a little over a year. I just recently turned 26. I have no job and can't get one, I'm out of savings but I can manage rent, food and some nice stuff with support income which runs out by the end of the year.

I'm considering moving back to my family. I visit them several times a week to eat and help out already, and it's in the same town. I literally only lose 24/7 privacy for fapping.
But I feel absolutely pathetic about it. Why should a 26 year old still live with their parents? Why would a girl ever date me or even take me seriously?

What should I do? Just give in and move? I might be forced to later this year either way since noone wants to hire me.

Attached: survive.jpg (1024x487, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

transparentcalifornia.com/salaries/search/?q=Librarian
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get an education of some sort. Get a bachelors or associates in something niche and scientific. You’ll get employed and make good money.

It’s time to stop feeling like a loser

I probably should but if I start an education, I will get 0 support income. Here at least, I can't get that support and study at the same time.

Just go into the national guard. You’ll get free tuition at state colleges and specialized training in something you can port into your civilian life

Not american. Either way, I'd have to move without this specific income I live on.

What country are you from?

Sweden. I always expect getting memed on when I mention it.

No judgement, you can’t change your place of birth. If you were an American in your predicament, you’d be fucked. Just pick up a part-time wageslave job, go to trade school, and graduate from there. You’ll be in a decent middle class field by 30

I’m sure Sweden has what we call in the states “workforce centers.” The government will try to find jobs for you there. Get one of those, go to school on the side. I believe in you

Yeah I'm lucky as it is, and I have it easy.
Wageslavers don't want me. I haven't worked since August last year. I should indeed study but the question is whether or not to just move back in with my family. I expect that I am forced to do it if I start studying though. Is it worth losing this super private, cheap rent, cozy apartment? That is what troubles me.

Yes, we do. Just weeks ago they fired around 1000 workers in the workforce center company thing. They are the ones who send me income. They also never have time to help me with anything, I haven't had contact with them since February.

Are you in a rent-control apartment or in some situation where income would harm any benefits you have?

Not sure what that means actually. I live in a totally regular apartment that happens to be cheap. One of my neighbors is an asshole.
If I moved in with my parents, I'd be able to put most of the income on savings.
But if I study, the "workforce center" won't support me, because studying isn't working. Another company might be able to support me instead, but for less than 1/6 as much, which is far too little for rent.

In my country, you can live in apartments that are rent-controlled (government lets you live in apartment building of owner, says owner can only charge so much). If you happen to make too much money, you don’t qualify for rent control and food stamps. A lot of rent-control people have problems adjusting once they make too much money to get those kinds of benefits.

I could probably map out a budget for you. I’m not sure what Swedish tuition looks like, but in America, everyone says it’s “free.” Would it be possible to just not announce to your workforce center that you are studying?

Free yeah.

Nah, that would be illegal as hell and I'd get fucked if they find out even decades later. It's a weird situation.

Do the dorms and meal plans (what you eat at the cafeteria) come free too?

No clue. Honestly I haven't looked into it because studying is something I've avoided like a plague. I'm too dumb to learn.
I'd say some places are free but most woupd expect me to pay for food, but both would give me a very low "income" to do so with. Like around $100 a month.

You speak English fine, so I doubt you’re dumb when it comes to more liberal arts fields. I’m going to shoot out of a few ideas on what to study that ANYONE can graduate with a degree in, that pays decently, and just requires basic literacy:

- librarian sciences : I know it sounds stupid, but librarians make a shit ton of money. Look at this, in my state of California, for librarians:
transparentcalifornia.com/salaries/search/?q=Librarian
Top one made almost 400k.

- English or Swedish language studies : allows you to write instruction manuals (100k over here for those jobs), become a teacher, become a tutor, etc

- archivist studies : you’re just in charge of government archives. Most archivists I know just watch Netflix all day at work, so it wouldn’t be too much of a change for you probably (jk)

Look around for those programs in Sweden on google or whatever search browser you use. I promise it’s not going to be a bad choice to go through with this, your parents will be happy, and you’ll be giving yourself a stable, lucrative career

You get free college and housing. I’m sure your parents wouldn’t mind footing a food bill, and worse case scenario, you get an on-campus job to pay for any other expenses.

My old roommate was like you, went to school because of some military scholarship, just worked one day a week to pay for weed. It’s all doable and I think it’ll give you direction in life

Those are some fantastic sugguestions, thank you.
So should I give in and prepare to move? And perhaps I could get into some class by autumn.

Yeah, I've been directionless for too long.

Oof but still, just thinking about being 26 and living with my parents again... it's incredibly dehumanizing.

You seem to know it’s time you did something about your situation and given how education is free over in Sweden, you got a great opportunity in front of you. There’s really nothing to lose. Worst case scenario, you don’t like school and you go back to the worksource center, collect your money, and live in the same situation.

When you got to college, join a few social clubs there, like intramural sports, Greek life, hobbyist clubs. You’ll meet girls there and make friends who like the same things you do. You can have a good life but just know, you’re going to have to handle school. You’ll do things you think are dumb and pointless, but if you do them, in the long-run your life will be much better. I hate school too, but I LOVED college. The girls were hot, the friends I made were nice, and everyone had big dreams. There’s a lot to see that you won’t if you don’t take that first step of applying.

Sure, but no selfrespecting girl would be with a guy who lives with their parents.

So live in the dorms. I know what you’re going through, been there myself. Most girls just want to see that you want something out of life and that you have friends. Seriously, it’s a pretty low bar. How else do you think junkies get laid?

Once you’re in school, studying, you’ll be attractive to women. You might not be the coolest guy in the world, but it’ll happen. Worse case scenario, you live with your parents during college, girls aren’t interested until you move out after college. It’s still better than going your current work source path though. You can have a family or just a wife (whatever you want) if you get a meaningful career.