What to invest in your 20s

Anything but cryptos Jow Forums won't shut up about em.

Attached: 1498853899711.jpg (500x744, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/articles/basics/09/precious-metals-gold-silver-platinum.asp
investopedia.com/articles/trading/09/gold-silver-ration.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stock or companies that need credit.

My friend likes Monster stock

Mutual Funds for retirement only

Put 10% of your paycheck into them and you can retire early and do whatever it is you dreamed of doing.

Bump.
Im 18 and I have $10k sitting in a checking account... No idea what to do with it

invest in yourself

Invest in yourself. Your skills, your education.

Not OP, but I'm about to join the military soon. Now what?

Cryptos unironically

hydroponics

For retirement: gold and silver switching. Google it. No matter how stupid you are, you can not loose money. Do not put money in (((RRSP))) or (((401k))). Gold/silver switching is your friend.
investopedia.com/articles/basics/09/precious-metals-gold-silver-platinum.asp
investopedia.com/articles/trading/09/gold-silver-ration.asp

Buying farm land is good for retirement, but a 20 year old won’t have enough money for farm land. You better spend at least a few million dollars.

Real estate is stupid (at least in Canada). Canadian house prices will tumble a a fuck ton amount in about 2-10 years—just like in the U.S. in 2008. I can’t wait for that.

You can make a fuck ton of money with crypto or with stocks—but you could also loose a fuck ton of money. Crypto has always been gambling. As of 20-30 years ago the stock market has been gambling. It’s been gambling since they stopped paying dividends.

For retirement:
Stocks are shit. Crypto is shit. Real estate is meh. Farm land only if you a millionaire. So your left with precious metals and gold/silver switching.

If you choose to do stocks just for fun. Make sure to use your knowledge to find a very niche market to invest in. I’m a surgeon, my wife is associate engineering professor. I see what drugs look like they will be the next big thing from research papers and stuff. My wife use her knowledge to find niche markets too.

Sorry for the unorganized mess of writing. I’m working a 30 hours shift and im posting using 4g on my phone

boomer

(((Mutual funds)))

Also. NEVER trust banks to store precious metals for you. Buy a safe, faggot. When you buy precious metals from a bank they just give you a paper. A paper that represents metal that does not exist. Then you have bank runs and shit. Store your precious metals yourself, at home. Don’t trust the banks.

I remember in 1994 Yugoslavia, there was a street cleaning suction truck, sucking worthless money clogging the sewer system. I’m glad I live in Canada now.

Let's take this step-by-step.

1. Pay off all outstanding debts from highest interest rate to lowest.

2. Create a nest egg with enough money to cover all living expenses for 3-6 months, or up to a year if you are more conservative. Personally, I'm a fan of Capital One 360, which has a 2% interest money market.

3. If you work for a business with a 401(k) then invest up to the match which is entirely free money.

4. Start a personal Roth IRA and max that shit out. This is something like $6-6.5k a year. It taxes you now, but once you hit retirement everything is tax-free. I like Vanguard which has super low expenses, especially for Admiral shares. Target retirement funds are pretty solid, covering all major areas (domestic stocks/bonds, international stocks/bonds). I do mine individually with a small dip into REITs (real estate trusts).

5. Max out the remaining workplace investment if you can.

Bonus: If you want to increase diversification, throw about 5% to very conservative commodities and 5% to pure speculation. I have a BTC, Litecoins, ETH, etc. but I also have a few oz. of gold and a few lbs. of silver to offset as a counterbalance.

Extra Bonus: If you are a crazy prepper like me, throw another 5% into things like water, freeze dried food, bandages, fish antibiotics, alcohol, guns/ammo, survival supplies, etc. etc.

How old are you user?

Early 30s. Started investing in my mid-20s.

Thanks for the advice user o7

No problem at all. If I had another point of advice it would be to try to find a job with a pension as well, and if you ever start making tons of money, even get a rental or two. Basically, the more streams of income that you have, the more resistant you are to bad times.

Things wax and wane, but you can prepare for that. When the stock market dips, things like gold go up, so I have gold in my safe. When stocks go down, bonds tend to go up, so that is a small part of my mutual fund investment. It is all very Yin/Yang as hippy dippy as it sounds.

You misheard him. He didn't say stock.

Maybe people that did this 20 years ago.
Mutual funds arent nearly as market secure as the people selling it to you would have you believe.

Not really, if times get bad real estate and stocks tank. If you are heavily into real estate, then your net worth gets destroyed because the house loses half the value, you can’t sell it, you are stuck paying taxes on it, and you have to drop monthly rent because everyone starts shacking up with family. Best advice is to buy a small farm in cash or with a very small mortgage and learn to be self sufficient, stay in all cash or money market when markets getting ready to crash

That’s why you diversify with cash and bonds, then you can risk investing in stock. You will lose to inflation over time if you don’t have market exposure

Ehh, I prefer freelancing. At least for now. I'm joining the military soon so there's no point in finding a job. Once I get out of the military I might look for a "real" job.

where the fuck do you buy gold? a reliable seller that sells real gold and not tungsten

Vagina

Why would you invest in that when God bestowed hands upon you?

I am 21 and invested heavily into a stock called CRBP because I believe they will explode in the coming years.

Land and property

VTSAX and VTIAX