Should I do anything?

This happened last summer and I still obsess over it.
>Be me, go over to neighbors who I haven't spoken with in over a half a decade.
>Ask if parents are home
>Their son didn't say anything, grabs mom
>(I didn't even introduce myself, she didn't either)
>"Hey I was wondering if I could look under your (Subaru) Outback?"
>ummm suuure??
>Walkup their driveway with eyes closed (not angry or sad, just uncomfortable)
>"Yeah I believe this is the 4th or 5th generation of Outback, IDK I'd have to check again"
>Yeah, we've owned a number of Outbacks
>"Oh right on"
>Yeah, we just got the one behind you (looks at her car in garage)
I can't remember what I said after that, I eventually go to look under her older Outback (the one the kids own)
>"Alrighhht, well listen I appreciate it, again, hopefully I didn't cost you too much time. Hope you guys have a wonderful day and all that"
>Didn't say anything.

The wife still waves at us, I feel like her kids hate me, I sort of find their daughter attractive (just graduated high school) gotta be 18 and I'm turning 22 this October. I feel reaaaally fucked up in the head for even doing this and making everyone feel uncomfortable.

Should I do anything?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dnj1zshmTE0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why did you do that at all?

Pic related, I made that exact gesture
I explained to them that I was off roading in the back of the neighborhood and bottomed out the front end and got an estimate for $80 in repair costs. I then was like, do I really need this? I handed the Outback off to my sister for high school and now I drive a Tacoma.

Attached: download-1.jpg (258x195, 4K)

What the fuck OP? Why don't you talk to your neighbors more?

IDK I live in Hidden Springs Idaho and people up here are highly conservative (not politically really) just like to keep to themselves. . . I'd be a miracle if they could somehow say hi again and chat. I just felt weird since their boy was just staring at me in silence, he almost looked angered or disappointed.

Attached: download-2.jpg (220x188, 7K)

Yeah you haven't talked to them in over half a decade and you suddenly show up and ask to check out their car. What the fuck is wrong with you?

I didn't think my request was that outlandish, I mean their car was already in the driveway and I asked if they were on any time constraints. She replied with a "no" and did my best to keep things short. I wanted to catch up with them but they didn't seem that interested. I remembered being low key bullied by her daughter and this other kid down the block for being an idiot. I went on to say how it's a good college car and how I currently go to U of I. She asked what I was studying, I replied with physics, however due to job prospects I'm considering economics since you pretty much have to go onto grad school

It's not the request that's the problem, it's that you suddenly show up and make a request.

They probably don’t give a shit and forgot. Move on retard.

. . . Yeah, your'e right. Man I feel so bad even to this day. I still struggle driving past their home and seeing their car parked out front. I looked like such a dumb sack of shit for making that request. I just don't know what to do, I'm back here for the summer, and don't run into hardly ever.

Attached: 1.jpg (852x480, 20K)

Maybe it's just the kid user'. They could be on tranquillizers. Maybe abused. But you did ask something pretty weird if you didn't even give the context at first. That's one hell of an recent impression to have. I've had greasy bikers randomly come to my house with more charm than that. Plus they're your neighbours - maybe they saw you at your most private and worse and they keep thinking of that.

Remember this though. You can always change things. Speak to them more and maybe their reactions will be more warm and tame because they know more about you. It doesn't have to be much. "How are you?" You can't change everyone of course, but you could try.

Attached: 53256915_142058896830824_8996977857935655688_n.jpg (640x640, 83K)

i feel like this is a repost

Nobody will listen to you if you put it that way, better luck next time

It's ok user, you are still a cool guy to be around :) don't worry be happy

Hello it's me again I am the same user as
This guy It's ok man, don't let that insodent define your personality because you have, more than likely done more good things than wierd things :)

PS (sorry for posting twice)

Could be, I know he's a sophomore in high school and goes to the same school as my sister. Yet they don't interact or share anything in common like classes or sports.

I'd like to repair things, I just don't know how since they stay inside so much. There ain't no way in hell, I'm going back over randomly like that again.
Thanks my man, I really needed to hear that. I frequently wonder if I'm weird.
I'm gonna go for a walk friends and think
youtube.com/watch?v=Dnj1zshmTE0

Attached: download-3.jpg (259x194, 9K)

Ask your friends/family if you're weird

Years ago my friends told me I was weird. I didn't think much of it, I think they're right. Socially Im sort of retarded around normies and hit sitting on my phone when everyone else is.
Pic related drive me fucking insane for long period of time

Attached: download-4.jpg (299x168, 12K)

I'm with anons saying it really wasn't that big a deal.
If you really want to make things better in your mind, go back and talk again. Start with something about how you'd lost your cat last summer and were anxious to find her and you just found out she'd been taken in by a new family (cue sad look), and then re-introduce yourself. Say you're looking for a new kitten, if they know of anyone with kittens to hit you up. Thanks, good-bye, GTFO there. Eazypeazy.

You have to be brave to interact with people user. We've all been there. Some later than others. No shame.

No never go over I agree. I was thinking like talking to them when your in your yard or driveway and they happen to be in theirs. Or passing by on the walk but not stopping.

Never go outside kids, I should of guessed that! Those kids were a lost cause - I wouldn't be too concerned with their reactions because they wouldn't have the skills to cope with outsiders very well because they haven't been forced to be outside in the world of others by responsibilities yet. I doubt they hate you but rather see you as an 'known unknown' if you get what I mean. You invaded their bubble and they didn't know how to cope.

The mother may be introverted, like the kids seem to be, but one other thing comes to mind.
Some people just aren't very good at pleasantries - especially in situations that make them worried. Some people just hate saying them more than once and especially hate multiple "thanks you"-'s. Etiquette can be torture with all those redundancies.

Anyway, I don't think you were fucked up but you naively enacted it in a fucked up way by accident. I feel it's a good thing you're mulling over it still, too. You know why? Because I know you're going to get better with you interactions with others because of it. Sometimes you gotta fail so you can learn to succeed.

Attached: 1542658070259.jpg (1280x1024, 247K)

All of Jow Forums's threads are just reply honeypots. Even if all the greatest minds in the world made a solution for every thread, the OP would find some way to backpedal out of explaining, justifying, proving or improving themselves. Every time.

Kek

This comment is what I've been trying to piece together for months. I was trying to think of what our relationship was like and yeah, the "known unknown" makes total sense. Also he had his hands behind his back while leaning against the wall suggesting he didn't know what to do. I even looked him in the eyes a couple of times and his mother seemed pretty short with me though she kept her arms at her side (open body language). I don't recall her really saying anything after I thanked her and all that.

I'd also like to point out that their boy was already out loading golf bags in the back with their garage door open and just said "excuse me are your parents home?"

Attached: 3.1.1-title-owners-program_0.jpg (460x220, 24K)

Glad to been of some help then. Been a while since I last got to use it. Wish it didn't take so long so remember it but c'est la vie

>"excuse me are your parents home?"
Yeah that's pretty odd - that's like something you ask a little kid that randomly comes to your door not a 20 something. I'm starting to really see how truly awkward that whole event was. If there is something more going on I would guess its based their parents opinions about your parents, and he's just trying to frame his understanding about your family around that. Or merely his observations, or both.
But I dunno it could just be innocuous fear or interest. That's too strong a can of worms for me to open. I'd have to meet him to figure anything out - the awkward is too strong in this one lol.

Attached: 1556240048785.jpg (664x701, 124K)