Being AMWF in Asia

I am an Western-born Asian in a relationship with a Caucasian girlfriend.
I plan on traveling to Asia with her soon, also to introduce her to my extended family.

Yet I'm not sure how being with a Caucasian girl is going to be perceived in public, especially also because she is 180cm/5'11" and this is relatively tall for Asian standards.
I'm very aware that Asian countries differ widely (urban vs. rural, etc.).

Have heard of reactions ranging from gossip to hostility.

>What reactions can I expect?
>How to best deal with them?
>Any experiences or observations?

Attached: she is brunette, not blond though.jpg (1054x1074, 611K)

Has anyone had related experiences?

Why did you mention she’s brunette and not a real blonde? Comes off as weird

Of course there will be reactions, mostly from people who have no connection to you and who don't actually give a flying fuck about your happiness. They disapprove while being in shitty dissatisfying relationships but think nothing of criticizing yours

i thought it meant to say thats not a picture of them, likely because the girl in the image is way too attractive for a Jow Forums user

Apparently being blond plays into this as it would make a girl stand out more in Asia. That's what I've been told.

I expect my family to be fairly understanding, especially because there is precedent for it. I'm more worried about the unwarranted attention in public or when out and about.

Attached: SmartSelect_20190404-032540_DuckDuckGo.jpg (1073x1067, 560K)

>gossip to hostility
As far as I understand that's how most of Asia operates: gossip and hostility toward pretty much anything but inner circles.

I would not take it personally. I also wouldn't let her out of my sight as best I could, but that's me and I don't know how paranoid you are willing to be.

It really depends on the country and cities that you're traveling to. Japan is very different than Thailand say. And no one is going to give a fuck in Seoul but in a rural city your gf will probably get blatant stares and reactions.
But I've honestly never had a major problem traveling through Japan/South Korea/Thailand/Cambodia/China. People are generally polite and there is low crime. You might overhear some comments but no one will harass you.

Where in Asia are you? Where are you and your gf from?

Every couple I've seen is a blonde woman, often dyed blonde hair, sometimes natural. Asian guys seem to have a fetish for it and it stands out a lot. If you have darker hair they don't even care about you, and will notice she is a foreign girlfriend but not have any interest.

This is my experience being a foreign girl dating in Korea, and just existing in Japan and China (as a student not dating anyone then)

In Japan I got a lot of attention no matter my hair color, naturally ash color, or dyed auburn or brown. In China people notice everyone. In Korea people don't care much, except for blonde and beautiful thin and tall girls.

OP everybody is gonna gawk at her, but guys will envy you a lot.

I've lived in Seoul. Korean old men (and some young guys) think that blonde = Russian, and that Russian = prostitute. Probably because there was a lot of humman trafficking of Russian whores or something in the past and the stereotype stuck.

Also some people took hidden photos of my blonde friends in subways. They're immensely popular, specially if they also had blue eyes.

And this is from Korea, which is supposed to be the most westernized of the CJK trio. In China the blonde-fever must be even crazier.

As says in Korea there isn't much crime, but women must still be careful because a lot of drunk creeps follow girls in the street and shit like that, they're also quite violent in clubs as in suddenly hugging a girl from behind and not letting her go (and this shit is not frowned upon nor they get kicked out, it seems to be standard in Korean clubs). But you'll be with your girl so I don't think she'd have to worry about this.

The other thing that you might encounter is old women subtly pushing her around in public transport. Don't mind it, mild racism from old folks.

Gossip sure, hostility not so much.
You’ll be fine as long as she is polite and respectful.
But asians are more openly racist, so you might have some family issues coning up?

asian guys getting white girls is a seen as a success. asian girls dating white guys is seen as a slut that is dilluting her race. he'll probably be fine.

I don't expect family issues at this constellation already exists in my family.
It's more that I worry about unwarranted photos, comments or harassment. Or just being constantly asked for photos and alike
(I've had personal experiences of that kind when people noticed I was from abroad).

I'm Chinese-Indonesian and she is German/Russian (very pale), but brunette.
I know Asians have a special attraction for blonde people, but in her case it's rather the height I'm 'concerned' about.

Very interesting that your bring this up, as she is half-Russian.

Where does this pushing around come from?

>I'd like to reiterate that my main concern is her comfort and other people's unwarranted attention/hostility towards her.

Attached: amwf.jpg (1064x1065, 769K)

Whats it like being a WMAF in Asia?
Asking becuase I'm moving in with my gf soon.

Attached: 1427677062369.png (1200x1881, 3.2M)

>WMAF
>AMWF
Actual asain male here too.
Depends on the family and if you're a guy or a girl.
Traditionalist families don't like race mixing and would rather you stay with your ethnicity to keep the bloodline "pure".
More progressive or less traditional families won't care.

As for your questions:
Considering you're a guy, I predict it will go as follows:
>What reactions can I expect?
Oh shit, it's a white person.
Wtf?
Hmmm?
Anyone who is actively hostile is a crazy.
>How to best deal with them?
Avoid large groups of dudes and old ladies.
>Any experiences or observations?
Traditionalist family.

In my family this shouldn't be a problem, considering I would by far not be the first AMWF.

I'm more concerned about the public reactions when out and about. I've heard of guys with white girls (even just friends) being harassed, being photographed or treated with suspicion/hostility.
I want to be prepped for what might come and how to deal with them.

Attached: 9276758d4fdfa8dcea0350811e96c345.jpg (1080x1350, 88K)

Why is she with you? Holy shit, talk about a downgrade fuck

I stand by my point of just avoiding trouble altogether and the general reaction of non-crazies. Travel in car whenever possible.
What you've heard of is true to an extent and honestly comes down to the person. Most people are reasonable and even if they don't like it, will "feel a way" and not say or do anything. I say avoid groups young guys because they will try to "hustle you" and avoid old ladies because they will talk smack to you right in your face.
As for worst case scenario and dealing with them, that comes down to keeping things cool and low pressure and socially navigating out of that situation as fast as possible. It also doesn't hurt to carry pepper spray.

yea its called getting the fuck over yourself. nobody cares

>avoiding trouble altogether and the general reaction of non-crazies
I completely get your stance and I think it's a valuable way of approaching things wherever you are.
That being said, I'm more worried about overly nosy strangers.
I had experiences of walking around with a female white friend in a public venue and we were stopped literally every few steps. People would take photos at restaurants from afar, stop to ask for our instas and make inappropriate jokes ALL THE TIME to the point where it was genuinely both creepy and disruptive to everything we were doing. I felt it hard to counter, simply because it was so frequent and they weren't 'outright hostile', just annoying and (to me) embarrassing.
That having been in public, I can hardly imagine clubs and other more intoxicated venues.

>Hustle you
Do you mean talking wack or outright picking fights? (I've also heard if that happening).

>Travel in car / bring pepper spray.
Of course this would be an option, but my goal is to introduce her to Asian culture and that's hard to do through the window of a car.
Although I'm well prepped for any confrontational as a martial artist, I really don't mean to risk brawls when going to local clubs or bars.

Attached: 1509244369412.jpg (892x768, 58K)

>Hostility
in Asia is rooted in retarded, governmentally-brainwashed ethnocentrism. They literally believe they're better than white people.

Would ask your senpai jam to come to you tee bee ach, Asia fucking sucks unless you're Asian and even then judging by how many fuck outta Asia, it ain't even that great if you're made aware that racism and ethnocentrism are concepts.

Seriously and genuinely if being insulted or treated with aversion and hostility has you this concerned, don't. Asia is full of that shit and especially to women because Asia is still coming up to the whole "women are just equal people too" bridge and has yet to properly cross it.
They're not the glorious countries they want you to believe. They're basically like Detroit lite. There's not a lot of good in there if you pay attention to humans.

I guess you could hover your girlfriend and just physically ward off any kind of hostility. Practice your death glare and see if people back off from it.

>governmentally-brainwashed ethnocentrism. They literally believe they're better than white people.
I understand where you're coming from, but my experiences have been somewhere different. Having been to many countries which were colonised by Western powers, I've experienced that many locals look up two white people and want to be associated with them at all cost.
In my personal experience, this has mainly lead to people RELENTLESSLY asking for photos, contacts or simply taking photos from afar when in public.
I both extremely disconcerting and embarrassing.

Attached: 8a2a9b6488d84352b0460ea6e75d5f0e.jpg (1080x1350, 438K)

You get it.
And also, listen to , making a point of your inter-racial relationship will only put a target on your back. And by hustle, I mean talking smack, "befriending" you, and all the above. But that's just low lives in general.

>making a point of your inter-racial relationship will only put a target on your back.
That's really not what I intend on doing, simple because for me having a white GF is not a big deal to begin with. But I guess a 5'11"/180cm pale GF isn't hard to hide to begin with.

>mean talking smack, "befriending" you, and all the above.
That's exactly what I'm on about. I've experienced being constantly stopped by 'low lives' wanting 'to take a photo with the white girl and post it on Instagram'. It's often hard to avoid such situations, because they come to you.
>It's embarrassing beyond belief.
Those experiences really left an impression in how shameless Asians can be when their 'look a white person'-senses take over.

Hope you can kinda see where I'm coming from

Attached: 1478444680288m.jpg (769x1024, 75K)

Anything to share concerning unwarranted photos and stares?

Attached: cheads-23.jpg (900x1350, 272K)