Pet owners:

Pet owners:
How do you deal with the fact that you pet will eventually die?
Last year lost a cat. This year my dog turns 11 if he's lucky. I'm afraid as fuck.

Attached: de7.png (960x960, 1.21M)

Everything dies. It's normal. Nothing to be done about it. Give it the best life possible, and then cry your little bitch tears when it's over while you live on knowing you gave it the best life you could.

good ole mortality. You will die too okay? Dont be afraid of death no one wants to live forever. Fuck that shit.

I'd live forever. Not out of fear of death, but it'd just be an interesting and unique opportunity to experience the world.

I fear the dying part more than death. If my dog (who turns 13 in 2 weeks) remains as vital as she is now all her life, and gets to just die peacefully in her sleep, it's a lot easier to bare than anything which would have her suffer long-term and leave me in the position of having to pick the moment when it's right to let her go. I often hear that animals signal clearly when their time has come, but it still freaks me out.

If there is a god, this is where he totally fucking fucked up.

I get another one

You get another pet, basically you treat this new pet as a new friend. It isnt there to make you forget, its there because you still want a friend by your side. You use what you learned from your first pet and do what is right this time instead of repeating yourcmistakes from last time. It shows that you learned something crucial and thats a memory of that pet. That memory is dear to you so you keep it forever. Using the memory is like honoring your old pet by taking in a newone.

Get tons of pets. You get used to it.
You feel the strong pain of loss at first then you grow up hardened for the real world.

I agree with this. I have watched many die agonizing deaths, and over time, have learned to enjoy and appreciate it.

Appreciate an agonizing death? That's a fucked up way to cope with it user.

I don't think so. There's just something so poetic about watching a living creatures last moments slip away from it, as it tries to cling desperately to life while screaming in agony. They always start off dying to quietly, like they're submitting themselves to death, but as death impending takes hold, they can't help but struggle and scream. They've submitted, but it's in their very nature. In that moment, it's no longer the creature that it was. So when can we say that it's truly died if when in it's final moments, it betrays it's own will?

People aren't much different, really. It really brings to question what it means to live at all. That, I suppose, we will find out.

Just part of life. You take solace in the fact that you did your best to give it a good life.

What the fuck, man.

You usually only get to see them die once. I guess what I'm trying to say is just make the most of it.

I don't really care.
If they die, they die.
I know I would feel sad but I could get another one and that is it.

Yep I'd like to live forever too user for the same reason. Just wanna see what happens next. Seeing all your loved ones die at somepoint seems like a small price to pay for living forever. Hell, a lot of people don't find true love anyways

This is why owning pets is retarded. Have kids.

It sucks when kids die too.

Usually they wait until you're dead though.

If you are willing to spend money, you can get some cryogenics companies to preserve your pet. Message me on discord if you want more details.
Sir #9109

Wait until OP realizes that his parents are going to die some day too. And his aunts and uncles and cousins and siblings and one day....even himself. One day, we all must die.

Just feel lucky that you get to live so much longer than them. They'd want it that way. You're gonna be fine.