All this shit about humanity ending in 2050 or whatever is really starting to wear...

All this shit about humanity ending in 2050 or whatever is really starting to wear. Things are starting to matter less and less to me. Why do anything when it's going to be meaningless in 30 or less years? I can't even play vidya anymore.

Attached: fdslkadklsfj.png (351x242, 109K)

>All this shit about humanity ending in 2050
It was a single report detailing the worst-case scenario for climate change. It likely won’t be that bad.

This is exactly the mindset they want you to have. The end is near, so let's just be good consumers and buy all their products since there's no point in saving money or investing it for later use, right ? Don't fall for this scam

Your life would be equally meaningless whether humanity ends in 2050 or 20500. That's a freeing realization, not a depressing one. You have no obligation to the future. On behalf of all of my descendants I hereby give you full permission to enjoy yourself however you'd like.

Your life doesn't matter. No circumstances can change that. I recommend you to kys.

It's more that they'd just rather be gassed out of the mortal coil bruh

That's all bullshit, do not believe it. People who have nothing going for them want to feel special and claim the world is burning. It's not. Nothing will happen, life will go on and the doomers will make excuses for their wasted lives

A single report? Is Fox News all you watch?

see Actually, thanks.

Actually, thanks!

e v i d e n c e

>A single report? Is Fox News all you watch?
Yes, the single report that every news site has been talking about. OP didn’t do his research and apparently neither did you.

Your life could end any moment, not just in 2050

Evidence is the concept of... Eskachiology. Google it dumbass

Life is pointless. God's not real. Morals are relative. Everything ends.

What kind of report talks about humanity ending? Sounds like complete bullshit. At worst climate change will kill a couple millions and cause some wars, famines and natural disasters. Will be far worse than WW2 but hardly "end of humanity" type of shit.

and yall niggas wonder why you're depressed

Acknowledging a simple fact =/= being a miserable fuck.
Life doesn't need to matter for you to enjoy it.

I'm nihilistic. Not sad.

I'll let you onto something, NASA and all the other big guys are in just for the money. Man made climate change is a hoax

Go back to Jow Forums, brainlet.

Dude you can check the studies as long as you have basic physics and science knowledge. They just throw in a bunch of stuff to convince people we're the reason climate is changing, but the impact we have is like, 1%? Possibly lower

Yeah and there’s no money to be made with climate change denial.

You mean all 97% of them? Or was it 98,7 by now?

>the planet changes its climate every several thousand of years
>"Hurr it's mankind's fault durr"
Cows literally produce a shitton of methane and pollute more than cars do

>I'm nihilistic.

Attached: kek.jpg (800x650, 49K)

>hurr durr, I know more about a complex topic than 97% of the scientists
>Cows literally produce a shitton of methane and pollute more than cars do
No shit? And why the fuck are there so many cows again?

Attached: 1559878583064.jpg (400x341, 46K)

Actually makes it more, not less, meaningful.

lol, "the world is ending" has been a constant meme. I remember I was in middle school and "the world was ending". I remember y2k was the end of the world. in high school in college. It's JUST a meme.

>Technology is beginning to expand exponentially. In fact it may already has been.
>This growth, exponential or not, has been linked to the emissions that could devastate this planet. 2050 or 2070 or whatever, shit is coming.
>Dominant factor in climate change or not, you have to acknowledge its impact.
>What is slowing this growth besides like… activists who are largely overshadowed by corporations with money? Legitimate question here
>Said corporations aren’t letting go of the things that are damaging the planet. If letting go means less profit for them, why would they?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 9.09.42 AM.png (1222x884, 563K)

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 9.11.08 AM.png (1216x884, 969K)

and I understand this is all for clout, but the fact that we are trying to rope climate change into this is why we probably aren't taking this as seriously as we should

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 9.14.15 AM.png (1224x1120, 698K)

What better approach is there for individuals beyond voting all the boomers out?

Humanity won't end but representative democracies and individual freedoms will and we all will be part of the Chinese state machine.

If we're all going to be dead from climate change, corporations wouldn't make any money. So why would they keep doing these things that supposedly will bring about the end of civilization?

>corporations
>doing long term planning
Why would the shareholders give a shit about 2050 when most of them will die in the next two decades anyway?

It's literally nothing. A single article that boils down to opinion. It's on the same level as Al Gore saying that NYC would be underwater by 2016 because of muh ice caps. Impressionable kids used to be scared to death by Christian end times preaching, now they're scared to death by the new secular climate religion. Your new savior is the state.

Right, because literally all shareholders are actual movie tier villains without families or feelings at all for the well being of fellow man. Or maybe they're just smart enough to not fall for such hysteria?

Power is an addiction. How many druggies care about their families? As for feelings towards others, it's easy to rationalise away. Plus the whole "well, if it's such a big issues, then others should take a cut first"

More importantly, who said anything about all? Basically any company has green initiatives and tries to lower their footprint. It's just very half assed overall.

30 years is a long time user. You have no choice but to keep caring about life, unless you plan to starve as a homeless person long before the end. Stay in school, don't quit your day job. There is a decent chance that AI will help us save the environment by capturing the carbon in the atmosphere. So, future tech may save us in a way people don't expect.