Healing

What do you guys do to ease your depression.

Attached: Screenshot_20190604-153417.png (480x854, 181K)

Sleep sleep sleep

Nothing else works anymore

Laugh.

Seriously, studies have shown that watching Marx Brothers, Three Stooges or whoever dumb comedies can help

mushrooms, usually a higher dose. i trip balls every year or so, helps get rid of bottled up emotions and overall deal with your emotions better. i know "drugs is the answer" is a shit-tier response, even for adv, but it really helps me. last time i did this i sobbed through the iron giant and now i'm on an active course to better myself.

Nothing, I just tell myself repeatedly that I am not a rational logical human being and cannot trust my emotions so shut up and ignore them I've got rent to pay. It seems to help me.

based dealing with his emotions user
your choice seems to be the hardest out of these,
but it seems like you're doing the best thing for the long term, keep up the work buddy

I talk to women.

literally go for a walk when the sun is out

he wants to not be depressed, user.

I watch other people enjoy their lives, I guess. Sometimes getting out in nature helps a bit. I've had some better days lately, but the I think the environment is grating a bit. I don't really have much free will. Late at night is really the only time to do what I want, but staying up ends up screwing up my sleep schedule, and stressing me out more. There's a lot of crap I need to do for my own health, but I can't because everybody else comes first. These aren't things I can simply cast aside without destroying the relations with those people and being labeled an asshole. I want to help, of course, but it's hard when I can't even help myself. We're already halfway through the year, and it feels like I've down nothing.

This probably won’t be applicable to your situation but fuck it, it has really helped me. My family has been through a lot of sudden deaths in the past few years. After the most recent one I came to the realization that one more sudden death would send my family into chaos. I saw that the emotional damage I would do by committing suicide would vastly out way my own internal pain. I HAD to live whether I wanted to or not because if I didn’t it would destroy the people I care about. Once the element of choice was taken away my suicidal and depressive moments became easier to deal with. I know it sounds like bullshit, but knowing that I could no longer afford the luxury of my depressive self-loathing and I had to live my life really turned my life around.

Liver-crippling levels of alcoholism

Legit i started my life over

user, stop feeling so bad. I'm in your same position, but I deal with being useless by smoking ever more weed using my ever shrinking savings
Then around 2 am i start doing homework for a few hours, then complain to myself how useless I am
Honestly user, you've done way more throughout this year than you WANT to admit, because to me that feels like the real problem. Sometimes people dont want to fix themselves because they think that acknowledging either their failures and their successes means failing yourself..
acknowledge both and improve, I doubt there's any other way, as frustratingly as it sounds.

>everybody else comes first
You can't rescue drowning people if your boat is sinking user. Your needs need to come first.

>These aren't things I can simply cast aside without destroying the relations with those people and being labeled an asshole
Are people dying? Are you planning a wedding or a funeral? What is so important that it is worth sacrificing your mental health?

video games, pot, medication to cope, and seeing my therapist.

been there, done that, got the t-shirt. It fucking sucked

As I see it, depression is the consequence of excessive identification with your own thoughts and emotions. If instead of feeling one with them you take some perspective, and you realize that you are the observer of thoughts and emotions, the witness of all this, then you feel that you can do something about it.

Depression is also, in general, a deep feeling of lack, which makes it a request, like that of a beggar who has nothing. Do you really have nothing? Nothing to feel abundant and grateful for? Think about it. Is your lack real, or is it because a distortion of thought makes you believe / see that you have nothing when it really is not?

Gratitude is a great antidote to depression.
Giving love is also a great antidote.

So, do not wait to receive to see you satisfied. Instead, it begins to give to discover the satisfaction of the process itself.

>It fucking SUCKED
Yeah but I'm 29, who cares lol

Attached: 1533482961145.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

>got the t-shirt
This should be a thing, is it a thing that must have been recently made to reference GTA.

Attached: 9mHpu.jpg (512x384, 44K)

idk but you probably should.

If I die from it my younger brother gets my money anyway, so I don't really care

you all need some human fucking connection. even one friend can make you feel so much better.

cirrhosis is a shitty way to go but if thats how you wanna go so be it. Whatever you do don't have fucking kids. My grandfathers alcoholism fucked up 2 generations of my family and might still impact a 3rd.

Just because he gets your money it doesn't mean your death wont fuck him up. My cousin got his mothers money after her death. He blew it all and was OD'd on fentanyl within less than 2 years. He just couldn't get over the loss.

And? If they cared, they'd try to stop me, but they don't so lol

Do they know?

I've been doing this for the last 6 years, they know, but its one of those "if it doesn't affect me I don't care" situations

Fuck. What the fuck happened to you user? If your younger brother doesn't give a shit whether you live or die why leave him your money? He shouldn't benefit from the death of someone he didn't care about. Why not say "fuck you" and donate it to a cause that would get under his skin?

Well its give him the money, or give the money to my fuckup older brother. I'll be dead before 40 anyway

Why do you have to give the money to people that don't care enough about you to help you? Have your coffin lined with it and get cremated. Why the fuck would you want to die before 40?

>Why do you have to give the money to people that don't care enough about you to help you?
Because he'll presumably help his kids with it.

why not just will it to the kids? Set up a trust in there names and have someone trustworthy outside the family act as executor of the trust. I still don't understand why your deadset at dying by 40 though. Alot can change in a year or 2 how do you know you won't be a completely different (not dead) person by 35?

>I still don't understand why your deadset at dying by 40 though. Alot can change in a year or 2 how do you know you won't be a completely different (not dead) person by 35?
Bruh I've wasted the first 29 years of my life, why wouldn't I hope for death before 40

define "wasted"

I'm on Jow Forums as a 29 year old lol

if you have enough money to live off of, support your crippling alcoholism, pay for a funeral and still have enough left over to leave to family you must have been doing something with your life. So what I'm a 27 year old on Jow Forums i don't think that makes my life a waste lol