Do women like being flirted with?

Do women like being flirted with?

Attached: sophie-turner-attends-a-global-fan-screening-of-x-men-news-photo-529786386-1555450606.jpg (480x482, 31K)

If you're attractive to them, yeah

Do men?

Too vague. Do you have a particular instance in mind?

If they're attracted to you, yeah

First answer, best answer

Be at least a 6/10 and you're fine.

In my case it feels awkward but Im an autist so who knows

Qualifier: right place, right time. Remember it with FF: don't FLIRT at FUNERALS

The flustered signals reach my brain before the flattered ones do, so at the time I'll panic then later on punch myself for being stupid.

Real, regular flirting in the sense of being playful, witty, friendly - trying to charm someone, to make them laugh, to make them feel attractive; yes.

Being hit on in the sense of a pick up line, something vulgar/crude, a "wow you're so hot" as the opener of a conversation, I don't.
Flirting and seduction is about warming someone to sex, not checking if they're willing to fuck already.

If it's by an attractive man sure

depends on how good looking you are. if you are good looking and it's witty, sure, if you are ugly however you can be as funny and witty as you want that it isn't going to be well received

only if you're attractive and good at it, next question

Yes. It's an ego boost regardless of who does it.

Ignore male anons on this. Even unattractive men can flatter women, the woman just wont be interested in pursuing anything.

>Even unattractive men can flatter women,
nah, lol. It just makes them angry that people she would consider below her would talk to her, or worse makes her fear she's actually on the same level of the people she thought she was above

>It just makes them angry that people she would consider below her would talk to her
What world do you live in, Gossip Girl? Not even that user. No normal people don't think like this.

>or worse makes her fear she's actually on the same level
This is still a lot more reasonable and even then more something for insecure teenage girls than anything else.

Can't tell if serious or bait

Gonna assume bait for your sake

what is flirting and how do you even do that without coming off as a creep?

>then more something for insecure teenage girls than anything else.
girls live in a teenage mentality their entire life.

>what is flirting
flirting is telling a girl you want to bang her in subtle ways

>how do you even do that without coming off as a creep?
step 1) don't be ugly
step 2) don't be too obvious

>how do you even do that without coming off as a creep?
Hit the gym for a minimum of 6-8 months, buy new clothes, get a haircut, trim your beard just the right level of rouge-like stubble, be over 6 foot or at least wear shoes with a bit of boost on them (do not remove during sex, you will be exposed otherwise) and analyze body language that gives you the okay to approach women. At that point it all relies on your opening line, women decide whether your worth fucking or not after about the first 8 words you say so judge the room and atmosphere accordingly

what is the right place and time to flirt?

>be over six foot
Ahaahhhaaaaaa

It doesnt matter so stop lying to everyone
Height doesn't matter at all

I am a woman myself, mid twenties now, have been mostly friends with women for my entire life, and while I've heard the occasional snide comment back when we were younger I can assure you a woman complaining about how the guy trying to flirt a little with her wasn't hot enough would be looked down upon and lightly shamed. Maybe complaining about the third man decades your senior coming up to you in a week time, okay, but simply making a fuss about how you only want hotter people to show interest? Fuck no.

Some people never grow up, absolutely, but that's not a gendered thing and women who don't show basic respect don't get an out because somehow having a pussy means you shouldn't be hold to standards of human decency.

>Height doesn't matter at all
sure thing, manlet

Dump incoming, patience please.

Flirting is essentially playing for adults. You are not necessarily signaling that you want to fuck someone. You are more covertly pointing someone's attention to sexuality, to the sexual potential that exists between the two of you (like it does between all people), or even just the possibility of finding each other attractive. It's just a cheeky little nudge. This is generally speaking, of course. Flirting can be used to downright seduce someone or even for business arrangements. But generally speaking.

The way you do this is by implicitly showing that you have either interest in this person, or just interest in sex/women itself, without showing your hand and spelling out that you want to date/fuck her. That's boring. People like to chase, they like to wonder and fantasize. If you make it clear right away that you are into someone, you appear on their radar as a ready suitor, and people just do not find that as exciting/sexy as having a build up where you're still a free man who might like them and might not like them. Sexiness has quite some to do with emotional risk, which is part of why sex tends to stall as a relationship grows safer and more comfortable in other aspects.

So what you are doing by flirting [assuming for a moment you are flirting because you like her and want to date her] is allowing her to contemplate you as a potential boyfriend, a potential lover, before being an available option to her yet.
People tend to think really simplistically about falling in love, they think that person A chases person B and then something might happen. In real life it's a dance. People like people who show interest in them and are friendly to them. And are nicer to people who interest them and they find attractive.

>somehow having a pussy means you shouldn't be hold to standards of human decency.
but that is essentially how society works right now. women get away with a lot more socially

So it's like a cycle where being attracted to someone makes them more attracted to you - because you treat them better, you smile more, you pay attention to what they say, you pay closer attention to how you present yourself. Plus mere exposure effect (people are more likely to fall for someone they see a lot, like a neighbor or colleague). So most often person A does something tiny (smile at B). B notices and appreciates this so next time B will ask A if they also want coffee if they're getting anyway. Person A thinks, how nice, looks at B's ass while getting coffee, and so on.
Flirting is another way to sort of push this whole process forward. By flirting with someone well you can put yourself on the map even if your looks alone (or other stuff about yourself) didn't instantly garner their attention.

I promise all this stuff is important because only if you realize what you are exactly trying to do you can fully analyze how you do it, why stuff went wrong and so on.

Next part is, okay, this is what flirting does, but what does it look like. Well, it comes in many different forms.
This is because people have their personal style that they are still bold enough to do, or that turns them on the most, or that otherwise comes most natural to them.

The most common, universal way of flirting is not hiding your natural signs of attraction.

Most people feel vulnerable and a bit embarrassed to like someone they harbor feelings for. They feel stupid or like this person is out of their league. So what they do is they make sure to not look at them too much, to break off eye contact before it gets "weird", to -really- watch themselves when it comes to checking out her body.
The most regular kind of flirting is to not do that. Let her see that you look down at her mouth from time to time while she talks. That you look into her eyes more and longer, that you stand just a little closer. Touch her in little ways (safe options are tapping her shoulder/arm before asking something, or nudging her to something interesting going on - make sure to touch her fast and lightly). Don't hide that just looking at her face makes you smile a little.
If you can tell she's into it - bit flushed, big pupils, leaning forward, touching you back - you can amp it up. She complains about her clothes or body? Do a quick but deliberate up and down and tell her "looks great". (Or "you look great" depending on just how enthusiastic she is.) Look at her ass when she's walking away. If she turns around don't act like you were watching something else, throw up your hands or give a "you caught me" kind of grin.

This is essentially "vanilla flirting". Another example of this is simply being extra nice - doing her tiny little favors, remembering the little stuff.
There are many other ways. Will try to get into them in a bit but before that, let me get to your question about discomfort.

The idea with these things is that you see if she wants to interact with you like this. You try something small and elaborate on that if it works and you can tell she's interested in flirting back. If not, you back off. It's not like you go from 0 to 100 out of nowhere. There's ample time to realize that the chemistry isn't there. People are awkward and try to avoid explicit rejections at all costs. Her real, initial rejection will be painless.

That will take the form of a lack of smiling, acting like she doesn't get the joke or provocation, not looking you in the face. Only if you turn a blind eye towards her non-verbal signs that she's not interested in this shit, will you get called out and have an uncomfortable situation.
There's always lunatics but again, by far most sane people would themselves feel embarrassed to call you out and would much rather not even let it get to that stage to begin with. So they hope you take their cue first.

Other ways of flirting. The only thing they all have in common is that you are essentially singling a person out and not hiding that you are singling them out. Whether you are singling them out by complimenting them or by playfully insulting them doesn't matter much. This is a matter of what you feel most comfortable with and what works best in your own experience.

Let's look at "insulting" flirting. This might seem confusing at surface level, but I like to compare it to banter among guys. What you have to pay attention to is not that at surface level the guy is calling his friend a pussy (or whatever). What matters is the underlying implication: they are good enough friends that he does not have to treat his friend "politely" all the time. That they both know that at the end of the day, they like each other a lot.
Being vulgar and/or "mean" is like an extreme form of being informal, in this case. If you are standing with two co-workers, and one says that qt is going to do x job, you saying "Qt?? With no supervisor??" with exaggerated shock does not tell her that you think she's incompetent. It tells her that you like to rag on her and that you trust she'll know your intentions. That you are inviting her to fuck with you (not even literally, necessarily), inviting her into a more playful dynamic where they don't stick to office etiquette necessarily.

Note how the examples I mention aren't particularly smooth or quoteworthy.

Sure that's partly because I'm making them up on the spot, but also because real life flirting is often kind of cringeworthy or lame/corny to outsiders. It resembles infatuated love babble a lot in that regard.
The thing is: picture a really pretty, cute girl giving you a compliment. Would you be thrown off if that compliment was a bit weird? Fuck no, that would be endearing. In real life the very fact that someone is showing (sexual, romantic) interest is so exciting that it changes the way you look at what's actually said. In a movie where flirting is all cool and witty, the viewer doesn't have those emotions so it needs to be a lot "better" to feel as exciting as normal flirting does in real life.

Either way, back to flirting styles. Try a lot of things. Everyone has things they can do while feeling comfortable and self-respecting, and things that make them feel stupid. Some people can wink unironically, others cringe just imagining it. So start out with stuff that is still within your comfort zone and try to expand that comfort zone. Nothing but practice will make you more sensitive towards the cues that someone else is flirting with you, that they are enjoying it (or getting bored), that you have gone too far or can actually go much further.

Okay thought of two more things I forgot. The easiest way to know whether someone flirts with you or not (if you are not that experienced yet) is looking at whether you are the exception for them, whether they single you out.
A girl giggling and playing with her hair around you could mean she likes you, or maybe it's just what she does. What she does or does not do in absolute terms (assuming it isn't straight up kissing you or inviting you over) matters less than how that compares to how she treats other people. Some people can't flirt at all - if a woman is really sociable and extroverted around everyone, but shy and flustered around you, that's a great sign.

And secondly, just realized that most people think more of sexual jokes/comments when they think of flirting. Those absolutely can be incorporated. If you have a more bold flirting style you can like to drop a sexual comment to a woman - not even necessarily aimed towards her, just, actively putting sex on her mind and making her scramble for a reply. For most people this is way too much to ask/pull off confidently, and explicit sexual references are more something for a further stage when sexual tension has already been established.

Oh and thirdly, you can get away with A LOT as long as you don't act like it's a big deal yourself. One last example: a woman is in your bed after sex, she grins at you, lazily rolls over to kiss you and purrs into your ear "oh by the way I totally lied about being on the pill, I'm going to steal your sperm and everything, how do you feel about that mister?"
Second scenario: she's sitting on the bed giving you a slightly twitchy smile going "h-heh wouldn't it be funny if I lied about being on the pill...? I could steal your sperm..."
First is playing around between lovers, second is CREEPY as fuck. People are not that great at separating how people present themselves from who they actually are (and it often does save time) so if you are nervous you look guilty.

Absolutely true but that doesn't change that it shouldn't happen and, ironically, spreading the idea that women are naturally immature, mean, shallow etc only reinforces that nothing can be expected for women and perhaps they can't even be blamed. It is also just bullshit, there are lots of cool, interesting and sweet women around.

Only if he's attractive. I have a female friend who kept being hit on by this 2/10 loser and she fucking hated it because it made her feel like only ugly guys wanted her.

Great advice I have another question

What if someone faces you than turns their body away from you and she did it intentionally. I dont know if this is some kind of joke or not but if this is "flirting" than it sounds and looks like a stupid joke. Why would someone look at you than turn their body and face away from you. The thing is she intentionally did it and got in my way
Unless this is some kind of joke

She basically got in my way and when I looked at her she turned around away from me

All flirting really is, is singling someone out. The way in which people flirt depends on their personality and what they're comfortable with. Saying someone is handsome is more out there and more vulnerable (= risking a potential rejection) than making fun of them. Teasing/banter as a form of flirting is really common. It is a way to draw attention, to get a rise out of someone (= make them feel something, invite them into a game), to get silly together, and all that without exposing your real interest. Think of the guy yanking a girl's ponytail, or the girl swatting a guy saying "you're such a DICK!"

Without having been there it is really hard to say how she meant it, it could've both been a joke and a flirtation. The only way to develop intuition for this is through experience. I know it sounds complicated but people are hard-wired to read each other's (subtle) signs, we are masters at it. Try explaining to a truly, deeply autistic person how sarcasm works and how you know when something is meant sarcastic - impossible. Yet you get it right in 9/10 cases. It is the same with flirting. Once you know what you're looking for you recognize it even if you cannot logically break it down.

I wouldn't know.

Attached: 1524259784576.png (427x559, 307K)

That doesnt really answer my question

Short answer is, could definitely be flirting, doesn't have to be, there's no way to know not being present and not reading her mind.

With consolation prize, with life experience you will be able to tell from the vibe and her general attitude whether or not she's being flirty, in by far most cases at least.

Do you like being flirted with? The answer is exactly the same. All the same conditions and caveats apply.

Attached: faces-dolphin-eating-hotdog.gif (494x621, 1.14M)

I probably would, but I rarely get flirted men, while I assume women get people flirting with them constantly.

Depends on how you look and act.
If you're an average Jow Forums user, no they will not like it.

Obviously depends on your looks. No girl is going to like having an ugly fuck flirt with her, but if you're good looking she'll feel good.

Yeah, just don't be a fat ugly nigger

Yes.

I always saw myself as an ugly and frumpy woman so I was greatly flattered that someone took attention to me.

No. I’ve had girls flirt with me before and it’s very uncomfortable. I would rather be left alone

>greatly flattered that someone took attention to me.

It wasnt your looks

>mfw i had a colleague who got sent to HR instantly for flirting a lot milder with a chick he fancied than i do pretty much every single day to more or less every single remotely attractive female
flirting is like a fucking brain virus though
i started because i no longer gave a shit and it was fun to see the reactions, especially the good ones when you see them light up. but now i can't stop even if i wanted to.

If a girl says she'll hit me up when she's next free and it has been a week... What do? Can I start a new conversation with her? For example, say something like, "so, this has come up a lot and I thought I'd ask: do you like pineapples on your pizza or no?"

It means she either doesn't want to talk to you or forgot. Use your brain a bit.

So... Is it worth sending a follow-up message...?

This is an important distinction. Many women are frequently on the receiving end of flirtatious attention, even to an excess. Men, significantly less. Men that regularly browse Jow Forums, basically never.

That's going to color your perceptions a bit.

Then what was it?

>Use your brain a bit.
You don't have a thing to lose.