Are there good reasons why I shouldn't date a girl with 3/10 in looks but 9/10 in personality?

Are there good reasons why I shouldn't date a girl with 3/10 in looks but 9/10 in personality?
I'm 18 so I don't think about marriage right now, and I will make it clear to her too.

Attached: Screenshot_from_20180503_000259.jpg (824x941, 139K)

Let's see your picture and judge your appearance, OP. Let's see what makes you so worthy of anything higher than a 3.

If you can't think of any then it's probably fine.

It doesn't matter how she looks only how she makes you feel. And that includes sexuality. If she's outright ugly by most people's taste but you can't get enough of her scent, smile, soft skin and how she moves in bed, you're golden. If you find yourself enthralled by her mind and heart but not caring at all for her body, wishing she looked differently, thinking about other women during sex and so on... that's going to cause issues. Yeah attraction can grow but if you already like her enough to date and you still don't feel it, don't count on it coming. And if she's such a sweet girl you don't want to give her a complex because she knows damn well deep down that her own boyfriend isn't really into her sexually.

There is a reason why people want to stay anonymous here. It wouldn't be my first relationship, so I guess around average.

This answer is so good that it should be put in every one of those " ask the opposite gender" threads.
thanks user

9/10 in personality? My gf is pretty ugly. I've been with her 10 years now. At the beginning it was a bit of an issue for me because I was like ... really? I'm doing this? I'm ok with this? But as time has gone on I've realised that she is really really awesome, everybody likes her a lot and nobody cares. Nobody ever cared except for me. At the start I was always like ... I need to break up with this person, but her personality is so good I can't, maybe later. Eventually you don't care because everything that you were concerned about never comes to be. You just carry on having a great time.

Also she has gotten hotter over time. When we first got together she didn't know a lot about make up, hair, clothes etc. Now, she knows she looks kind weird so she just works with it. She has a unique weird sense of style, she doesn't care, she is confident, distinctive. I'm proud to be seen with her because everybody else is like ... oh hey have you met my basic bitch partner who is boring and does basically nothing at all? Oh holy shit your girlfriend looks like a cartoon character and does what exactly? Oh wow that is awesome.

That is what I love about her. She is highly educated. Articulate, interesting, funny, talented, motivated, sweet and impressive. She is 6' and thicc as well.

You're welcome user, happy to be of help!

Sorry to break it to you user. But your story sounds like alot of rationalization for what was essentially a decision you weren't happy about. But now, years later, you've kinda come to a place where you simply 'accept' that you've settled down a woman whom you'll never find physically attractive, so you might as well have a positive mindset and make the best out of it.

Honorable and understandable. But it doesn't change the fact that you've settled for lower than what you initially wanted and you've rationalized that decision inside your head.

That's really motivating to read. I guess I should look out for the future and rethink the situation after a month or two. That should be enough to to guess if I want to be around her or not.
[spoiler]Thicc is good [/spoiler]

I think it was because when I was younger I assumed that women were basically interchangeable, personality irrelevant and the only part that made them different, the only part that I was actually interested in was how attractive they were. I wasn't sure how much of this was a free choice made by myself and how much of this was the expectations of others, how I was raised, how I was brought up to rate, value and determine status.

This is because I wasn't mature enough for relationships. I played at relationships because I wanted access to sex and I wanted others to see me as normal. The older I got though the more ridiculous my behaviour was. Of course relationships are about more than sex. Women have personalities. Physical attraction is one aspect of the whole.

I don't know if I settled. At each point I made a choice. I decided to stay with her because I liked her enough to overlook the aspects which I wasn't fond of. The aspects which I did enjoy carried enough weight and were more important. I made this choice again and again while working on my insecurities and what it meant to be in a relationship and what it meant to have value and status myself and how others perceived me vs how I believed they perceived me.

She has gotten hotter. She was a slightly overweight greasy academic when we got together who wore sweatpants and cat t shirts and used to hunch to try and make herself look smaller.

Now she is 6'2" in heels or boots, usually has a bitching dye job, designer glasses and dresses like a business bitch, cyber punk, a cat or a literal toddler. She has a very distinctive look.

> go on dating website
> see landwhale
> read her bio
> "what I lack in looks I make up for in personality"
> believe her

>dating website
You fucked up already

Ugly girls try harder

Don't waste her time and yours by dating her if you don't want to marry. It's like pulling a gun and being too chicken shit to pull the trigger. If you have to ask about the looks, that means that they're probably important enough to you to be a problem sooner rather than later. Don't risk it, avoid-avoid-avoid. Get a girl that you won't worry about such things with.

I dated a girl who was quite a bit less attractive than I am. Her personality was great and we got along really well, but eventually the thoughts of "I really could do better" got to me and started fucking up the relationship. I ended up breaking up with her, this being one of the major reasons.

Friends with benefits ayyyy

ehh, if you're even considering dating a 3/10 it means you're a 1-3/10 yourself because why else would this even be on your table of considerations?sounds to me like you're already completely out of options and you are just asking your fellow anons how they feel about your fall from grace or lack thereof

You have to be attracted to her within some reasonability. Just make sure you're not self-conscious about showing her to friends and family

I've been married for 5 years and now I think that all that matters is looks and sexual compatibility

/shrug

Learn this truth from an old man:

If you are attracted to the person inside the package, you will come to find the package attractive

Either you will start to see a marriage with her or you won't and you'll eventually split with good memories and relationship experience. Only reason I can think of is if you come across someone you instantly see a marriage with but you miss your opportunity because you're already in a relationship. Just out of curiosity is she just a 3 in the face or a 3 all around? Cause if she's like a 3 in the face but like a solid 7+ in the body you should definitely get on that

I agree with this.

Moreover, we all end up wrinkly and ugly and grey one day, if we’re lucky enough to love that long. A good personality is more important than looks any day.

That being said, if you are always going to be looking down or comparing her to other girls, then just save her the trouble and don’t start the relationship.

That's probably one of the most mature post about relationships in this board's history

Trust me tht stupid personality will haunt u but morals rnt nessasarily synonymos with either . Its debatable not many girls with 9 outa 10 personality bro tht chicks definitly no run of the mill type chick

I've had so many opportunities to date ugly girls. I just can't bring myself to do it. Being out in public with pretty girls just makes me feel so good.

It's up to you. I'm personally to self conscious to date someone ugly even though ive wanted to.