What to do if I don't know what I want to do in my life...

what to do if I don't know what I want to do in my life? I am 18 and I still don't know what makes me happy and who I want to become

Attached: dreams.jpg (636x421, 51K)

bump

bump

bump

Bump

bump

Build your life around the things you like.

I don't what I like, I have dreams but they are difficult to achieve
my dreams: have girlfriend, be muscular, be rich, travel around the world

What do you like to do in your free time?

I'm 23 and I still don't necessarily know what I want to do. After being in a deep depression for 4 years in college, I'm just glad to be out of it. I was depressed because I was majoring in chemistry, a major I didn't give a damn for. All due to pressure from my Dad to become a chemical engineer. I actually got an anxiety attack near graduation day because all those 4 years of misery welled up into one single moment. I'm just glad it's over. Now I'm in sales, specifically SaaS Software sales in a trendy office in downtown Austin Texas. I'm much happier now, with my decision, because I'm an introvert in sales. You'd think that'd make me miserable, but I'm actually very happy because being in sales I'm working on improving myself, and that right now gives me more meaning and purpose than anything else in life.

So my recommendation is try to focus on self-improvement. Try to take advantage of your youth and start building good habits that will pay off in the long run.

No matter what you major in, you degree in the end will do very little to helping you get a job. I cannot stress enough, GET A GOD DAMN INTERNSHIP DURING COLLEGE. Where ever you want to work, get some prior experience, that matters SO MUCH.

Even if you were to major in something you're passionate in, like history, working in history isn't the same as studying history, unless you become a professor. And even then, eventually you'll get bored of your passions. I cannot stress enough, FOCUS ON SELF IMPROVEMENT.

browse internet and listen to music

what should I do to improve myself?

>go to gym, focus on making that a habit first. Do something easy, like cardio
>eventually incorporate weight lifting into habit
>eat healthy, you'll feel better
>mediate on what your weaknesses are, position your life in a way where you tackle said issue and improve
I myself am still figuring these things out. Since you're 18 you're about to go to college. Try you best to build a social group, I know I failed to do that it's was a major mistake. BEFRIEND ANYONE. If you're an introvert like me, you'll struggle to communicate. It's very easy to make your college experience as >go to class, then >go to dorm.

What do you think your weaknesses are?

It's normal to feel rudderless and unmotivated at your age. You need more time to properly know yourself. Your strengths, weaknesses, passions and the things you hate.

Eventually once you've figured that out well enough, you'll naturally start finding certain things in life that gets you off of your ass and aligns with your natural talents. For some guys it happens in their late teens, others it happens in their 20's and yet for others it doesn't happen until their in their 30's or 40's. Just keep working on becoming a more competent young man and sooner or later you'll find that passion in your life.

But whatever you do, try not to waste away too much of your youth by overindulging in things like partying and drugs. Moderate usage is alright but keep it in check and focus on bettering yourself. Also, don't go to college to pursue a useless degree simply because you don't know what else to do.

What topics do you browse the internet?

Do you like making music? Playing an instrument? Writing music? What genres do you listen to? Can you make a playlist for others to enjoy?

I actually eat healthy and work ou at gym 3 times a week
I have many friends
>What do you think your weaknesses are?
low self-esteem, laziness, perfectionism, no confidence, being shy, being coward, being anxious
>try not to waste away too much of your youth by overindulging in things like partying and drugs
I got bored with partying, so I think I won't waste time on it

I tried to make music but I made shit and I got bored of it. I don't play any intstrument (I tried playing guitar), I don't like writing music, I listen only to rap. I think I can make a playlist for others to enjoy
I browse chans and facebook and I find solution for my problems

It's like pulling fucking teeth. Ok, I said TOPICS. Do you look at memes? Technology? Cars? Rap Music? Guns? Paparazzi? Engineering? Chemistry?

What problems did you find solutions for? Can you see if you can help someone else?

Does the guitar interest you now? It has to at one point it seems. What sparked the interest?

I look at memes, technology, rap music, engineering
I was looking for solution for having no passion and being not able to motivate myself to do things
guitar doesn't interest me now, I was playing it 2 times

What do you enjoy doing in your free time, or what are your hobbies? Your answers to this should be what you are trying to get a job in. If you can't motivate yourself. then that's your fault. You have to learn to be able to do things you don't feel like doing. Eventually you will get used to it. Also, I recommend doing something you are good at. That's the only way you can make a lot of money. You're only 18 so you still have time to go to college and get a degree in what you want. It'll all be worth it in the end.

I like browsjng internet, working out at gym and listening to music

bump

If I could redo everything, I'd do one of these
>Union Pacific Railroad hires train crew with no experience required
>merchant Marine academy and sail around the world
>military, really wish my parents weren't literal hippies who threatened to disown me if I ever joined
>forest management degree and work innawoods
>border patrol and learn to trek backcountry and track and manhunt not even racist that just seems awesome

But I'm in my 30s. I make a great living selling real estate but I wish I did something more /out/ or /trv/. One thing I did in the summers that I definitely recommend is wildland firefighting. Best summer job around.