Took a Bribe

>be me
>state trooper
>normal day at work
>stop some guy who's driving suspiciously slow and weaving around
>get to his window, standard operating procedure
>guy is quite obviously drunk and is going to get a DUI
>interrupts me to ask if he can get something out of the glovebox
>say yes (not a particularly gun-happy state so doesn't spook me too much)
>hands me a pretty big roll of cash and just looks at me
>I think, fuck it, nod and walk back to my car
>count it out, it's around $1200

So the thing is, I told my gf and she's now super pissed at me and I can't understand why. She's being super difficult about talking to me, saying I'm morally empty, I'm a disappointment and this that and the other.

This is the first "bad" thing I've done in 9+ years serving so it's not like it cancels out all the good things I've done. How can I make her understand this?

Attached: 910049191.jpg (1080x1326, 74K)

You do realize you could go to jail for this, right?

It’s a slippery slope and you ARE morally empty. Would you feel so nonchalant if that dude hit somebody after leaving the stop? In her eyes your officially just another corrupt cop and it won’t be long until you slip up more

Drunk drivers can literally destroy lives.
As in kill. In the best case themselves, in the worst case someone else.
Is someone's life really worth a measly 1200 dorrah?

Can't go to jail if you don't get caught you stupid fuck, who's going to report it, the drunk guy?

What if I never found him in the first place? He still "could" have hit someone and I'd be $1200 worse off.

Sounds like you are a good person. You saved a guy making a stupid mistake from a world of trouble, he learned an expensive lesson, you are rewarded for your forgiveness and generosity. Bitch needs to grow up. The best cops can think for themselves and use their own judgment. All cops are crooked. You are the best kind.

Sober drivers can kill too.
Enjoy the retard festival.

She'll warm up to it in time but you shouldn't have told her. You know what a secret is right? Eventually this could come up again.
Say that she wants to leave you. Now she can blackmail you forever. Is this what you wanted?

>being morally corrupt and commiting a crime is fine because what if I wasn’t even there to commit that crime and the outcome was the same?

I thought you had to take some kind of tests to become a cop? You are dumb as fuck my man. Enjoy your descent into the world of internal affairs

>Sober drivers can kill too.
Not as much as drunk ones

>Smart enough to pass exams to be a trooper
>Dumb enough to tell a woman what you did

I literally don't get it. Also, loose lips, sink ships. Keep this saying saved in your retarded head.

Attached: 360f66845faec8adaab052bf61923a67.jpg (680x339, 35K)

Dumbass argument.

Attached: Screenshot_20190610-163520.png (2048x1947, 424K)

Exactly, maybe now he'll have learned not to do it again? If he got a DUI he'd just be back to square one and maybe even worse off, you can lose your job if you get a DUI.

It's impossible that anyone would find out, there's no evidence.

How does that not make sense? If I'd simply parked my car up for half an hour and took a nap the outcome would have been he same.

I guess it was a mistake, I was just happy about the payday.

These numbers look fudged, a lot of the time I feel like I drive better after a couple of drinks.

No it isn't. Stupid fucks kill people all the time in greater numbers sober than drunk. This isn't your thread. I don't know where you get your propaganda. Most people are careful when they drink. Sober drivers kill hella more people than drunk drivers. Ive been drunk for thirty years and never killed anyone. Seen plenty of other people do it though.

You fucks need to step out of fantasy world. There are "crooked" cops and there are the abominable pussies who look the other way. I would rather deal with real thinking people and not pretentious rats.

>I guess it was a mistake

How can you be so dense, you only "think" it was a mistake, and not know with 100% certainty it was foolish. All women talk like no tomorrow, i guarantee she already told her mother and her best friend about it.

Bait
Also bait

>In 2010, 31% of all drivers involved in fatal crashes on weekends were alcohol-impaired
>Reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)

Sober drivers are more than two times as dangerous than drunk ones, they cause 69% of crashes as opposed to 31%.

Attached: 1554748128844.jpg (320x320, 26K)

>hurrr i dont understand statistics durr

Im fucking serious and with the understanding that this may be bait. It doesn't make the subject any less relevant. I drink and drive all the time. I am ill and deserve to feel as good as anyone else. When I am in less pain, I can concentrate on being a safer driver. Cops are social stooges. And randomly stick their noses in other's business. They enforce unconstitutional laws and shoot people for holding sunglasses. It is better to have free thinking cops who can act like real good guys instead of a bunch of retarded robots who kill people because they didn't sit down.
Yeah, the numbers can only be used against your argument.

This has to be a larp thread. No 9+ year cop would blab to a woman right after committing a federal crime, nor would they be so whatever about justifying said crime. Either that or OP is actually just another shitbag cop out to justify their shitbag behavior. I’d prefer to believe it’s a larp though for OPs sake

>Im fucking serious
No you're not.

I don't believe that there are people this fucking stupid and deluded walking around.

I am. And my IQ is in the top one percentile. Way too smart to be a cop. You know that many applicants are rejected for being too smart?

The first fuck up you did was actually tell your girlfriend. Now just shut the fuck up and leave it alone so it fades out and you don't get into deep shit.

Eh as long as it works. I would do the same thing as you. You didn't get caught and it was a win-win situation. Share a bit with your gf (Go into an expensive restaurant or go into so nice holiday) she'll like it even if it's morally unethical. You are not a bad person, you are more human than those who lie to themselves saying they wouldn't take the money.

Attached: 1559848133812.png (869x721, 33K)

>Cop is a morally bankrupt piece of shit
And no one is surprised. Who else do you think would sign up to be a customer service rep with a gun other than people who want to be professional bullies? Cops are shit and you're no exception. Enjoy being responsible for the deaths he causes next time he drives drunk and causes a major accident.

I think the role is placing a lot of responsibility on people who aren't necessarily accountable. I don't think this is the worst thing that can be done but all it takes is one mistake. Please take this as a lesson and refrain from this sort of behavior OP. Don't become a morally bankrupt person.

>she's now super pissed at me and I can't understand why
This has to be a larp. No one is this dense.

You do know she's pissed because drunk drivers are scum, right? So many people die needlessly because of drunk drivers and you just enabled one.
I hope you lose your job over this.

Take that bitch out for an expensive dinner and see how quickly she'll shut up.

Are you kidding me? He had money to burn if he keeps over 1200 in his fucking glovebox.

Has anyone noticed that there’s another thread exactly like this but with a different picture and user claims they’re a police officer, rather than a state trooper?

As someone that has been on the opposite side of the law, the first rule is: DON'T TALK ABOUT COMMITTING CRIMES. If someone isn't directly involved in the situation, they don't need to know shit about it. Not your girlfriend. Not your friends. Not your family. The only person you ever talk to about a crime is a lawyer or a priest.

Wow, another pig in a cop outfit. Big surprise.
Please kill yourself and rid this world of your shitty being

Your only mistake was telling your gf.

As many others have pointed out, you are retarded. Not only did your bribe prevent someone who should have received a DUI from getting one, but you also:
-told someone about it irl
-made a post in clear text on a www domain most likley without a VPN

You have produced a trail where there was none. You could have taken it to your grave forgoing any punishment, but you have manufactured evidence against yourself. Delete this thread, apologizes to your gf and find a way to get rid of that money that makes her satisfied without creating more evidence against yourself. And think more next time please.

If you are gonna fuck up. Stop after the first one. Telling your gf was the second fuck up. Now it’s just gonna snow-ball. Enjoy. Hope you learn from this.

>having money saved for emergency = money to burn.