ITT: Buildings that are doing fine

ITT: Buildings that are doing fine

Attached: toronto-rom-p.jpg (1200x795, 1003K)

kek i go there once or twice a year
for some reason freemasons like to build all their postmodern abominations out of glass, works for me, easy to knock down when the day comes

Attached: 1515351852755.jpg (2048x1404, 1.28M)

Attached: dog-puke.jpg (634x861, 178K)

Cool looks sci fi

eh, as a leftist I find most of that shit appalling.

it's a bunch of bourgeois neoliberal shit that's primarily popular with the sort of globalists that want to see everything either made into generic grey goop or walled off/privatized away from plebs.

Funny how disney world never catches on fire

Looks like it's gonna tip over.

Yeah agreed it's ugly lmfao
Also based

looks like your uncle, Barry

I'm not denying that it looks like shit...BUT---the ROM has an amazing geological exhibit and they sought inspiration from for the architecture from Pyrite cubes.

If that makes a difference to your perspective or not...

Attached: 260px-2780M-pyrite1.jpg (260x275, 18K)

>cubes
Of course they did.

some of these look ok

Attached: e982237450c3c4267f83a98000d65d73198bdfa514c7bc7d869c8e712385e21a.png (471x349, 168K)

Attached: 1553667442229.jpg (600x600, 56K)

Attached: mexx.jpg (282x179, 15K)

this, I saw it too

Fuck your cathedral.

Attached: dJugKxl.jpg (1224x670, 567K)

Attached: bp big.jpg (1619x965, 1.2M)

Why does this building trigger people so much, just don't look at it bro

lookes cool , like a matrix glitch or something

That looks incredible.

Plus the old ROM building is nothing special or interesting architectural. Mediocre, at best, even compared to the college buildings nearby.

lmao

ezt a giccs photoshop eget, undorító,
de a Parlament mint mindig
> csodálatos

Yea, wait until you're contracted to clean or reseal the windows. You won't be saying "looks" incredible.

>son freemasons like to build all their postmodern abominations out of glass, works for me, easy to knock down when the day comes

Oh that fucking thing, the Michael Lee-Chin "Crystal". Designed by (((Daniel Libeskind))).

The ROM could have been free to the public for the next 25 years, but they decided instead to spend a fortune on that hellish expansion, which eye sore considerations aside, internally is a huge waste of space and difficult/expensive to heat in the winter - super impractical.

Attached: Daniel_Libeskind.jpg (1196x1326, 316K)

>photoshop ég
Nem sok naplementét/felkeltét láthattál. Decemberben hasonlót láttam, csak narancsosabbat.

Attached: DY0AtjdXcAEwjxL.jpg (782x960, 84K)

I like that building though, really symbolizes how postmodernism brings our culture to ruin like a virus, slowly enveloping it and returning our world to an ugly heap of shit.

Fuck the new ROM. Not only does the outside look hideous but the interior exhibits have so much wasted space because of bizarre non-parallel walls. The old building was respectable and looked genuinely great with stone lions by the entrance and a beautiful mosaic in the main atrium. There is nothing impressive or memorable about the new entrance area and it sets such a banal fucking tone when you first enter what still is a museum with a bunch of great exhibits (old dinosaur gallery was also fantastic).

Worth it.
Thanks

Attached: 0.jpg (1200x1225, 619K)

it would be a fucking honor to work on a building like that

With increasing rate of automation, entire cities of the future could look like this (or better) if we get our shit together.

Ezen a képen a Dunán látszik hogy longexpós
a Parlament nyugati felét éri a nap (naplemente), a felhő pedig nyári napkeltét jelent abban a tájolásban
>tudom mert rendszeresen járok ki
>te pedig eszed a giccses szart és még repetát is kérsz
> menj vissza a normik plebek közé ezt meg meg facebookon osszad

What is this monstrosity... oh ... Toronto.... checks out

THAT BOAT ON THE RIGHT IS GOING REARY FAST

100% fine goy, its nothing, it'll be rebuilt as a 3rd grade art project so it's fine

Attached: 1555367164013.jpg (1261x714, 203K)

>menj vissza a normik plebek közé ezt meg meg facebookon osszad
Hagyd abba Ánon, sírni fogok :(

Attached: 43837948072_2f27ba594b_b.jpg (1024x683, 291K)

I like the symbolism of the new modern 'art' corrupting and hiding the beauty of the older building.

This building made me physically sick. Like migrane inducing.

I had a girlfriend that moved to toronto and one time when I was visiting her I saw this building and couldn't help but tear it to shreds. I was completely blown away. Like what the fuck were they thinking and who the hell paid for it? Jesus

Attached: 466DA44A-332F-49CB-994F-247CF47FB7A3_w1023_r1_s.jpg (1023x575, 93K)

Didn't know the combine landed on earth already

Attached: transdimensional bolshevism.jpg (2568x2384, 1.43M)

The rom in generally is pretty great but come on.....

I always imagined this compared to Westminister to be a different faction's main base like in command and conquer or some shit.

Brotherhood of Orban base vs Bongbase

Attached: IMG_2535.jpg (922x720, 300K)

OP's pic looks like bacterial growth on a petri dish.
Curse the demons who design and commission projects like this.

Attached: 33F8CE9E-CBCC-401C-98F0-96FFF859CC15.jpg (1200x846, 420K)

it's a long-exposure photo

thank gosh. would unironically be more tragic

no problems

Attached: 93e6b7637bee6119b3d8b52fa52a59bf.jpg (1279x720, 111K)

Fitting. The Westminister was the inspiration to our Parliament. Even the locations are the same: both are next to a river.
Originally, the city's leadership was against a Gothic building, because of "muh evil German influence". But the PM liked the style and pointed out that the UK's parliament is also in Gothic style. So everyone suddenly started to circlejerk over Gothic, because of the "muh superior Anglo culture", etc. etc, and while they were at it, they wanted to beat the UK in its own game.
Funny. If you strip the buildings from the ornaments, the Westminister will become a Baroque, and the Hungarian parliament will become a Renaissance building. Both have true Gothic ornaments, but their mass imply a different style.
And the Canadian Parliament is also based on the British one. In some sense, these three buildings are sisters.

Attached: based.jpg (1418x3296, 2.88M)

That's frozen fire. Just as destructive as the real thing.

epic

A Church built for parliament. Gross.

Why leftists don't burn this piece of shit?

I don't see the problem, looks super cool. It was a nice way to revitalize a decrepit run down building.

What about this?

Attached: 1544549129002.jpg (1088x1088, 334K)

It reminds me of the same bland geometric bullshit that you see in every corporate office building now. It's fucking terrible.

Wait pyrite cubes? I thought that's a merchant?

Gotta hand it to you, although this is the only decent looking building in Budapest

Pretty.

Attached: searstower.jpg (528x684, 119K)