What are your thoughts on environmentalism?

What are your thoughts on environmentalism?
Both the principle, and the people pushing for it?

Attached: 1555175832169.webm (1280x720, 736K)

Too many of them are fake environmentalists.
I was once getting preached to by a guy with a green peace shirt. I asked him what his shirt was made out of and he said cotton.
He had no idea that cotton is the most polluting crop on Earth.
He didn't know a thing about mercury poisoning.
He knew nothing about anything other than carbon emissions, but didn't know that it caused the ocean to become more acidic because of carbonic acid.
Useful idiots who vote to tax the air we fucking breathe.

The principle is fine
The people pursuing it on the other hand...

Your thread's retarded but if you could post more funny animal webms that'd be great

:)~

Attached: Snake climbs tree.webm (336x720, 2.9M)

Bullshit created by the globalists

I'll see what I can do, some of the ones I have can be interpreted as lewd tho

Attached: 1555073450336.webm (640x848, 2.96M)

Environmentalism is absolutely crucial, but the main goal would be to preserve, and then if possible shape the environment in the way that most benefits the nation in the very long term.

Attached: 1555175014690.webm (1280x720, 1.42M)

Is he ok?

Attached: ayyylmao.webm (368x640, 1.85M)

Attached: suicidalpenguin.webm (994x560, 2.99M)

Fell into the water alright, those things are sturdy

Attached: 1555173112905.webm (480x854, 1.76M)

Capitalism leads to globalism and in order for western countries to compete.... they have to deregulate which often has disaterous effects on the enviroment

>Amerilard at Disney world

I want unspoiled, sparsely populated places for white families to live in. I'm aware that almost all the "unspoiled" forest land in canada has already been logged and regrown and that there is very little real old growth forest left - so call it mostly unspoiled.

People pushing for environmentalism are mostly commies or lefty sympathizers.
The actual problem that environmentalists have is that there are too many people who want an energy-consumptive western quality of life.
Western governments want to give aid to shitskin countries and import shitskins who have 5+ children per family. They want to pack more and more people into cities.

Anyone who's against environmentalism is a literal terrorist.

Concern trolling: the post. Because clearly not caring about the environment at all is better then being less than perfectly informed about one specific crop. Also your talking point is almost certainly false. I would like to see some proof that cotton is the most polluting crop.

True environmentalism is returning to pre-1800s population and lifestyle - both are necessary, I'm talking amish living with less than 1 billion people on the planet. Very few people will put up with that. Modern environmentalists just want to raise the MPG of their car and tax heavy industries. These aren't real solutions.

As long as China and India exist, it's largely pointless

Environmentalism is good. Environmentalists are faggots.

>Because clearly not caring about the environment at all is better then being less than perfectly informed about one specific crop
Strawman: the post.

Attached: 1542787889598.jpg (302x1024, 56K)

That's not a strawman at all. I'm fucking sick and tired of all this goddamn concern-trolling bullshit. Meatfags do it constantly about vegetarianism too. Oh actually plants feel pain (they don't) when these assholes don't care that animals feel pain. Pretending you care about something more than people who actually care about something when you don't at all is just being a disingenuous lying piece of shit. If your propaganda requires deceit your position is not worth supporting.

faggots

>Acting like there's no way to humanely harvest meat
Get with the times, soiboi

Attached: Hipster Hunters.jpg (496x283, 95K)

I'm going to guess you're actually against cannibalism though. That's the only humane meat eating.

If we don't hunt, animal populations grow until they collapse.
I wouldn't expect a cultist like you to actually learn about ecology, though.

Attached: Dark Seals.jpg (1024x1024, 137K)

What it is, is attempting to look at a compassionate persons personal laws and guidelines.

Eating meat is immoral because harvesting the meat creates pain and discomfort on the part of the animal.

Posting a study showing that plants are capable of being aware when they are being consumed, and signaling those around them to shrink away to help protect themselves could be indicative of a pain response.

If the argument is that if pain is involved, the food should not be harvested / consumed. Then it is important to see what happens when their only path for food means it creates pain and or suffering. They have to eat, I don't expect them to starve. But is it simply because animals are cuddly and can look at you? Is it the size of the pain and suffering? If it is possible to harvest meat without any pain and suffering is it then just and moral?

I want consistency from ideas, that's all. If someone is trying to give me a prescription for morality, I want to know its good. I want to know it isn't full of fucking holes, and some dumb thing they didn't fully think about.

Attached: 1518809325177.png (951x451, 133K)

In any industrialized society, it's simply stupid.

>Pretend to be angry at ''concern trolls''
>play semantics

faggot

Environmentalism, yeah a pile of shit hijacked by deathcult childless leftists. I care about the environment but also reality. God damn low consciousness NPC’s fucking everything up.

First all that time you spent sorting your plastics does shit because it goes into the same dump as your trash. China even stopped wanting our nigger diaper piss bottle recyclables.

Ocean acidification, lack of sea life? Easily solvable by mandating fishing boats dump iron powder and lime in their wake. Or skip the mandate a d fly a few planes dusting the oceans. Cheapest stuff on earth.

The only thing cheaper is solving global warming. First LENR fusion is coming online presently and will wipe out earths carbon footprint to the extent people will be talking about putting carbon into the atmosphere.

But ignoring that, we can literally control how much sunlight gets to the ground by seeding the upper atmosphere with sulfur which would cost $300,000,000 a year. Literally less then many military vehicles.

Your worries about resource scarcity will also be like worrying about tree scarcity in the 1800’s. I’m not even going to waste my time explaining that.

So listen up kids, all this doomsday shit you grew up with is going to fade away like the worries white people had in 1968 after reading “the population bomb” and decided to start having less white kids. Or the “2000 millennium bug” hysteria bullshit.

Honestly the future is so bright it’s going to sharply contrast your childless immigration flood onion fuckups like a second sun sized theater gaslight. You damn fuckups.

That has literally never happened once in the history of this world. It is propaganda that hunters made up. The most successful megafaunal herbivores in history have almost no predators and they maintain their own population numbers just fine. It's really amazing to me that this myth about animal overpopulation is believed by almost every human but the truth of human overpopulation is disbelieved by almost every human when humans are literally causing a mass extinction event on this planet and no other animal is causing anywhere near that kind of damage regardless of how large of numbers they grow to.

>I want consistency from ideas, that's all.
No, what you want is for people to stop rocking the boat of your comfortable life built on the death of this planet. That's what you want and you won't stop lying about it because you know that makes you look like a pile of shit, which you are.

Nothing wrong with the principle. The way they try to however is fucking retarded.

Attached: 1555172954661.webm (480x480, 2.91M)

Environmentalism in its pure form is synonymous with advancement. We can find ways of generating electricity that are ever-cleaner and cheaper, we can use plant matter to construct bottles and straws, we can engineer devices using biodegradable materials, we can develop better foods and ways to farm, we can strive for zero waste and we can do it all without sacrificing our first world civilization, it can be done, it may cost a bit more especially in the beginning.

The people pushing for it are just more commie liberal morons who want to push their pop control and nefarious goals, promote bullshit lies like global warming, etc to force us all into mega cities and starve everyone to death.

>cutting the webm off on the most interesting part
fuck you

>Eating meat is immoral because harvesting the meat creates pain and discomfort on the part of the animal.

Lol what, you think the ham you're buying in the market came form a still living pig that got amputated or some shit? You're obviously misquoting some research, care to give us the source of your claim? Do you believe a corpses can feel pain? Because the way you wrote your bullshit, it read like that. Also plants cannot feel ''pain'' because they literally do not have a nervous system able to interpret the neural signal as ''painful'' in the first place, they may react to physical stimuli and tears but they aren't doing this action with awareness that they're doing so to avoid ''pain''.

Trying to sound wise but doesn't even know the first thing about fauna and flora...

I'm just not playing to your bullshit propaganda. There is no such thing as humane meat. And if there is then you should have no problem with humanely killing your own family members and eating them. I mean after all it's the method of killing that you're worried about, right?

So you wouldn't even eat lab grown meat?
You're a cultist. At least fucking admit that much.

All the climate catastrophism going on is highly exaggerated. We have no idea of just how sensitive the global climate is to CO2 compared to other factors. With that said, environmentalism is a good thing. We should protect and preserve nature and it's actually against our own nature not to do it. Many of the people who push for it are doomsday lunatics but many of them are reasonable people too. Of course like everything in politics, only the unhinged have the spirit necessary to make it to the top.

My bullshit propaganda? Hey you fucking idiot, at least bother to check who you're posting to, because the post you're quoting is literally my first ITT. Also I won't even bother to answer to your completely retarded stretch of a generalization, you literally couldn't write this sentence without acute awareness that you're saying absolute bullshit since you're voluntarily assuming an entire load of implication as truth from literally nothing. Also still playing semantics like the cowardly faggot you are.

>Your worries about resource scarcity will also be like worrying about tree scarcity in the 1800’s. I’m not even going to waste my time explaining that.
Seems like an unfair comparison since we live in an economic model based on debt that requires perpetual growth of the population instead of the natural stabilization we have today. If the bankers who own the world are forcing the global population to grow indefinitely, resource scarcity is inevitable unless the technology manages to keep up, but surely the quality of life is decreased in the short term.

Animals on slaughterhouses don't feel pain because they are unconcious before the killing. Unless you get halal or kosher where they just slit their throats

Retard. There is a differnce between seinsible enviornmental policies and fucking carbon tax and papers. The later is just another article to trade with aka generate money.
True enviornmentalsim deals with whole other issues then basic carbon emmisions

Attached: 1552059644434.jpg (616x614, 101K)

Altruism and environmentalism do not need to be linked, which is one of the main issues.

I want to protect and save the natural world. Not because the wickedness of man tortures the sylvan forces of nature, nor because if i live as just another beast, great Gaia will embrace me. No fish will honor me for banning plastic straws, no bear will grace me for protecting his woods. Nature is at best the greatest sociopath in reality, as it should be, and will give no single fuck about man.

I wish to save nature because it is pretty, and not doing so will fuck shit up. I want to see pretty vistas as I move about life, watch nature documentaries about far-off ecosystems. Not because I owe it to the primal forces, not because of guilt for the cost of mankind, but because we, as thinking beings, are stewards of the world, and breaking one's things for no reason is dumb.

Modern environmentalism is just more secular Original Sin, no different then any -isim or -phobe, used to club and suppress for an agenda more then it's actually concerned with its stated purpose. Mankind is master of the earth, and should therefore be kind to it, as thoughtless destruction and abuse is for sub races and the immature.

If environmentalists were serious, they'd be rallying against east asia and india hourly, demanding economic or real guns put to their heads to stop their rampant destruction. Instead they protest developed nations. They are communists with a different guilt whip.

Attached: 1508991837305.webm (426x426, 527K)

holy shit, you guys are very angry people.

No, I don't give a shit about what I eat. I enjoy red meat, but if eating crickets gave all the benefits of animal protein and veggies id switch to a mostly insect based diet. Already interested in adding cricket flour to my diet.

No I don't believe it was amputated. I was using 'harvested' as a generalized term for the process of killing the pig and ultimately butchering it. There are very big differences between kosher, halal, and non special killing methods. You also need to consider the butchering practices of small free range farms and factory farms.

With the whole 'plants feel pain' meme, is more of an intellectual exploration. I care more about how the vegetarian pivots in the thought experiment where plants are capable of pain. What becomes the focus next? Is it the environmental aspect, is it the health aspect? I'm all for making a living beings life as painless as possible when its being harvested for food. I don't think many meat eaters would argue against making the animals more comfortable.

Also how the fuck do you expect to change peoples minds when you come across as angry faggots? Any person who disagrees with you is met with hostility. People look at the people who represent ideas. Most people don't look at the behaviors of 400 lb complainers and seek to mimic them.

Only shitty people look at other people behaving shittily and seek to emulate them. Be good, faggot.

Attached: 1551287188426.jpg (316x199, 13K)

If I claim your post caused me pain and discomfort does it make you immoral for posting it?

I'm pretty sure shitposting is less vital to his existence, too. Double plus immoral.

Attached: Five star post.jpg (287x360, 88K)

Environmentalism meaning:

-Trying to reduce pollution
-Trying to reduce waste
-Trying to reduce litter
-Trying to preserve areas of nature, especially fragile ones
-Trying to find alternative sources of energy

Sure, those are nice things by themselves.

Environmentalism meaning:

-Coercing people to vote for political groups/policies based on fear mongering as a means to secure funding/grants
-Exaggerating figures and statistics, using them to lie to people to produce said fear mongering
-Pushing environmentally unsound campaigns just to manipulate people into thinking they're making a difference (Convincing people EVs are pollution free, getting people to "go green" by buying tempered plastic bottles, etc.)
-Attempting to trick specific groups of people into your demented social reforms under aforementioned fear mongering (i.e. scientists saying "the problem is people having too many babies here in the USA!" while the white birth rate is dropping below the replacement rate and nobody will EVER speak against the population explosion in Africa)
-No room for questioning or dissent from the accepted popular opinions, and the destruction of the social standing and career of any one or group which decides to speak out against the agenda

That kind of "environmentalism" should be rounded up and jettisoned into the sun.

In the future when we have the capability we will have a moral obligation to "save" the conscious animals of nature. Well turn it into a zoo where nothing kills anything else (lab grown meat) and they aren't subject to famine and disease

I believe the Georgia Guide Stones. The Great Culling is inevitable.

Attached: 20190416_160802.jpg (2560x1440, 777K)

Attached: 1555171708668.webm (976x550, 2.73M)

We really need to domesticate cheetahs.

Attached: Dangerously cheesy.jpg (640x478, 45K)

And lynx.

Attached: Baby lynx.png (426x640, 446K)

Attached: 1555170724358.webm (700x392, 1.17M)

>scientists saying "the problem is people having too many babies here in the USA!"
I'm pretty sure no respectable scientist says that while looking at the data.
At most, they talk about global overpopulation while ignoring the elephant in the room