Is CA the most suicidally retarded state in the Union?

How have people in this state been brainwashed to love taxes so much that they vote for something that so obviously disproportionately affects the poor? Gas is over $4.00 again. Do they think the rich give a fuck about gas prices?
What the fuck does the left stand for anymore?

Attached: calif.png (1470x793, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-california-motor-voter-problems-investigation-20190409-story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Further proof of retardation

Attached: ca2.png (1351x795, 232K)

And they really cannot raise property taxes to hit the wealthy so the poor carry all of the tax burden.

Well they've convinced themselves that the planet is going to be uninhabitable in 10 years

No shit. THey think paying extra tax = "joy"

It deters people from using more gas than they actually need meaning less profits for (((gas))) companies.
lol my boomer dad voted against a gas tax increase last year cause lmao but the CoMpAnIeS wOn'T Be pAyInG

Attached: reddit.jpg (308x308, 13K)

What? Are you retarded?

The framed it as being better for the environment or some bullshit. We get fucked year round on gas because of some legislation that legally requires a special "summer blend" to be sold as well. Honestly just glass us there is no returning to CA's former glory.
>t. blackpilled socalanon

Attached: 1534523470835.jpg (1685x1125, 395K)

I live in LA. It's being strangled to death by cars. The streets are in disarray, congested.

We need to start building out other kinds of transit, even if it hurts, or a ton of people need to up and leave. This tax will encourage both.

not an argument you shill

Attached: 1527456802299.jpg (500x483, 77K)

>wanting poor people in your state

LOL

The same people who voted for this shit are the ones importing dirt poor migrants by the thousand, so yes they want poor people.
Get your mouthbreathing arguments out of the thread. You think if this seriously affected energy company bottom lines this would even be on the ballot?

voter fraud on this issue guaranteed.

>t. Californian

Friend of mine said he voted no because the tax was there already so he couldnt feel it. Literally everything that is sold that is trucked in or agricultural/consumer product that needs fossil fuels to be picked processed or produced adds a couple of cents to each purchase. Its basically a death of a thousand cuts but people literally cannot see that a tax on a fossil fuel that is used in every facet of life adds a significant percentage of tax burden at the end of the day. Then these same people complain that everything is expensive in california and dont understand why.

ALSO THIS, POC RUIN EVERYTHING

I keep telling people this but no one listens. If you want to know if a law is going to pass it must
1. Make some one money
2. Infringe on your rights.
3. All of the above.

you're absolutely right user. I'm going to start using that one.

So vibrant! I'm glad I don't live in some rural shithole.

The way this shit was worded on the ballot is the only reason it passed. All the low IQ voters didn’t understand what they were looking at. The repeal said something like “takes funding from certain road and bridge repairs” or something very similar. It said literally nothing about the gas tax.

>>t. blackpilled socalanon
we are legion

liberals were always retarded

The extremely poor take public transit. The extremely rich virtue signal with expensive electric cars. The middle class who buy used gas cars or farmers who need tractors are the one's boned.

>voter fraud on this issue guaranteed.
i thought the LA times story about the recent motervoter fiasco was pretty decent - they have DMV employees on record (anonymously) saying they were getting pressure from everyone all the way up to Jerry Brown to get the system in place so that it would bump up registrations in time for the next election sweeping in a bunch of illegals with drivers licenses was THE PLAN
latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-california-motor-voter-problems-investigation-20190409-story.html

Now user, if we don't raise gas to $15/gallon, how can we fix the roads? You do like roads, don't you?

Companies don't control the government as much as you think. If they did then a lot of taxes and regulations wouldn't be around and Republiniggers wouldn't be whining about them to get tards like you to vote against your economic interests.

Attached: 330159cd84e444522ceb026446002144.png (997x1080, 1.42M)

The worst part is the tax is higher on diesel fuel. Which, obviously, drives up the price of all goods. Everything is delivered by trucks. Tractors and combines run on diesel. Work trucks for construction jobs are almost all diesel. Everything gets more expensive because of these idiots thinking they’re saving the planet.