Who do you think is more complicit regarding the obesity problem in America...

Who do you think is more complicit regarding the obesity problem in America? Is it the food companies making unhealthy and addicting food full of all sorts of unnatural chemical or is it the fat fucks who can't stop shoveling god awful food into their wretched mouths?

Attached: g7oky.jpg (2000x1416, 535K)

Corporations and the media

I don't have an obesity problem. Who cares about those fat fucks?

The fat fucks of course. Just cause corporations put out shit food doesn't mean you have to eat it.

What is it like in Australia? Do you guys have the same issue? I doubt it.

Its liquid calories like soda, beer, and juice that make people fat. You can eat mc donalds everyday and be fine if you dont get soda

Attached: index.jpg (284x177, 21K)

Everything is too sweet and processed.

Attached: IMG_1651.jpg (683x1024, 81K)

Well, the high fructose corn syrup is a major culprit. It's why I mainly drink water with the occasional Sprite. I do drink Gatorade after working out, but that's only a few times a week.

Fast food is designed to be addictive and there’s a shitload of data out now that details how humanity is supposed to have a proper diet. The problem lies with the fact that we allow our family, friends, countrymen, etc. access to this shit that’ll kill and enslave them like drugs while driving up healthcare costs in the process.
Ultimately if you remove access to the fast food, the problem will go away, so I blame McDonalds and the likes. Hershey’s and all isn’t any better. Anything packaged is almost as bad, let alone sweet shit.

soda with cane sugar is just as bad as corn syrup

Did you even look at the posters in that pic you dumb double nigger?

Parents, bad habbits are formed at an early age.

True. It's funny that something so natural can be so bad for us, but that's a lot of things.

Both of my grandparents are obese and are always trying to get me to eat. Food is seriously their number one concern and it's probably the thing they think about most. It's actually kind of annoying how much they focus on food.

A lot of fats, getting better the last decade I think.

>"God awful food".
Yeah, I'm sure they keep "shoveling it in" because it is "God awful".

Any obese amercians here?

In terms of nutrition, it is god awful.

High Fructose Corn Syrup is literally addictive. And I mean literally literally, not figuratively. Studies have shown that your brain exhibits withdrawal symptoms from it in much the same way as it would from coocaine or heroin.

If you look at a graph of obesity rates in the United States, it stays steady up until the late 1960s. At that point it begins rising and that trend is still continuing to this day. That change coincides perfectly with the invention of HFCS.

You're still using the word "awful" wrong.

being fat is a black and white american problem.

the rest of americans dont have that problem.

you low iq fat fucks

interesting

Attached: db131_fig2.png (960x690, 35K)

Most of the Mexican population is obese as well.

People in general being Absolutely Health and diet illiterate is most of the problem. Most people don't understand how calorie dense most fast food shit is, assuming they even know what calories are in the first place, and still follow memes like the food pyramid and dietary fat becoming body fat.

80% on the corporations, because they knowingly put their food full of addictives and other shit that isn't good for you. American food is full of that high fructose corn syrup which is way worse than just fructose or glucose.
20% for people comes from not educating themselves.

Ouch.

I'll give you a hint: it starts with "J" and ends with "ews"

Attached: 15555310716221374229860789361599.jpg (4032x2268, 1.87M)

Ironic, considering calories isn't even the biggest problem.
You can eat easily way more kcal if you eat mainly fruits and veggies with chicken and fish.
Exercising doesn't even burn that many calories, it has different functions in losing weight though.

It does correlate quite well to the average IQ of the various races. Since obesity is essentially just standard addiction behavior, the stupider you are, the more susceptible you are to it simply because you are just too stupid to even realize what is happening to you and maybe consider taking steps to correct the problem.

Watch My 600 Pound Life. White patients typically have varying degrees of success losing weight. Some do very well, some do okay, and only a few just completely fail. With black patients, it's the other way around. Only a few do very well, some do okay, and many just fail completely.

food pyramid is fine people are just incapable of doing math

>You can eat easily way more kcal if you eat mainly fruits and veggies with chicken and fish.

No. "healthy" foods like veggies and lean meats are not calorie dense, so you physically CAN'T eat enough to get the same amount of calories as you would with fast food.

3000 calories of fast food would be easy for a person to eat in one sitting. 3000 calories worth of steamed veggies and lean fish would be impossible to eat in one sitting.

Humans are evolved to become addicted to shit with high fat, sugar, and salty. Its nobodys fault. Its just a fact of life that we get a dopamine high off it.

imagine eating 8lbs of corn a day to get fat

Attached: Graph-Vegetables-1-1024x577.jpg (1024x577, 69K)

Read again, instead of cherry picking. Though I do agree to an extent.

It's the people who are quelling their anxieties through eating food.

That's who are complicit with the obesity problem. Fix yourself. Find a partner who balances you out.

3000 Kcal isn't easy that's like 6 double cheese burgers and 4 largest fries, unless you're a fat bastard to start with

The quality of the food and the ease of said food is awful.

You can chow down a full shitty fast food meal for 5 dollars, get over 1k calories out of and next to no vitamins or nutrients other than a fuck load of salt. It's the same issue with almost all of the food in American in that it's easier and sometimes cheaper to eat some processed calorie dense garbage than it is make a healthy meal.

Ultimately it's up to the consumer to regulate what they eat but society and civilization has shown time and again that the common individual isn't able to regulate itself. So as long as cheap shitty quick food is available they're going to consume it.

bit of both, mostly combined with dogshit living conditions

People who work hard don't get fat. Obesity is the result of a late-stage country that is too prosperous.

Go chop wood all day, you'll need all the calories you can eat and probably still won't beat entropy.

good luck finding a job that allows you to cut wood by hand

Look at the asians not being statistical fat-fucks.

purely economic factors

If you move to alaska I bet you can do that. But you probably wouldn't get paid for it.

WTF is wrong with those discovery channel idiots anyway? "Hurrrr it's winter out! Let's go find ONE tree, haul it back to the house and chop it up and put it directly in the fire without drying, that should last us a month, then we do the same thing the next time we run out of firewood too."

Also, "We're making this cabin 15 feet high, but we only build one floor on ground level" the rest is just wasted space and will be a bitch to keep warm.

Wait, was it actually impossiblefor you to find a picture of fat Americans? I find that hard to believe.

its entertainment not an instruction book. Also Alaskans are stupid as fuck

3000 Kcal is just the 6 double cheeseburgers. those are about 500 Kcal each. The actual "beef" is about 200-300 Kcal, the cheese is another 100 and the buns are around 200

Based wallmartposter

This picture breaks my heart.