Renewable energy

Nuclear and hydro is the only way. If you believe there's other better option in our current technology you are an ecoterrorist.

That is all.

Attached: 1546653327940.png (1920x1080, 2.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

energycentral.com/c/ec/deaths-nuclear-energy-compared-other-causes
youtu.be/2mFWtBnF7Uk
youtu.be/rTPrmrHRO7k
bitchute.com/video/ASB59iiwde8/
youtu.be/NdnqZTSGJ5M
nextbigfuture.com/2016/01/jaeyoung-park-confirms-publication-of.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kill 99.9% of the worlds population and then the demand for energy plummets.

you would be one of the 99.9% for sure

nuke energy is the future, its a shame it's been publicly memed into something scary
many normalfags see nuke energy as dangerous and polluting

ultimately, the sun is our main energy producer. Oil/petro is basically sun energy, distilled by nature.

Right now, that black liquid is the most dense amount of energy we can harvest. While I would also vouch for nuclear, we have just had a big nuclear incident in japan, of all places, in fucking 2010's of all times.

what if we made a job out of literal human hamster wheels or bicycle tied to generators?

Actually, I only like nuclear, but I'd still like to call myself an ecoterrorist.

>we have just had a big nuclear incident in japan
Which is fucking stupid building a plant on a fault zone.

We have fucking dozens of aircrafts and submarines powered by nuclear and you don't hear any meltdown. Just imagine those powering up our city. Imagine not paying for electricity every month.

>Right now, that black liquid is the most dense amount of energy we can harvest.
I have to agree that petroleum is still the best to run machineries like tractors and for transportation. Other than that there's no excuse not using nuclear/hydro.

You might be wondering why I'm promoting hydro while we already have those, that's because corporate whore "environmentalists" are targeting them lately.

>many normalfags see nuke energy as dangerous and polluting

The problem is that if nuclear fails in some way, it pretty much creates a big fucking regional effect. That means we absolutely cannot fuck around with nuke energy, but we've had incidents relatively recently and there are some questionable methods of waste storage (building concrete containers in CA/OR that might or might not withstand an big earthquake). In other words, nuclear energy already has tons of shit stacked against it, so the industry needs to make it autistically safe before the public will begin to not treat it with such stigma.

Thorium is indeed the future.

Nice full house
The irony is that they wanted to end nuclear for safety reason but the lack of investment has led to older less safe plants being kept in service.

Also to add, recycling is scam. Yes we save manufacturing plastics but we spend twice the fuel to collect a separate trash. Also recycling requires more energy than manufacturing plastics.

>BUH WHAT ABOUT DUMP SITES
We can fucking crush miles of trash into a fucking 10 foot cube.

Fucking energy for 10 thousand years or more but these "progressives" hampers progress.

yeah
that too
we have newer reactors that work with heavy water but many of the unsafe light water reactors are still in use and those fuckers are dirty

money will always be the boon and bane of humanity

>t. thoriumfag
Nothing will happen until you fags build a working reactor

Nuclear is currently one our best options to break our addiction to fossil fuels.

sun combined with water steam turbines would be best, but we just Kl ike zo waste energy on silicon

3 mile island had no regional effect. Exposure was the same as a dental x-ray. The other reactors at 3 mile island ran for decades afterwards without incident.

Everyone who doesn't work in a nuclear plant talks about how disastrous the consequences would be if something went wrong.

Those who work in a nuclear plant see these safety incidents take place frequently. On the radiation end alone I have dealt with the wrong fuel rods being pulled from the pool causing a massive radiation dose. An unshielded training flask being used in the field with radiation levels so high you could actually see the bone in the guys leg. There was a spill on a liquid waste storage cask because no one followed procedure to ensure it was empty before moving it.

That's just a few of them. The industry keeps incidents out of the media but a lot more happens than anyone knows. Hell a couple decades back some moron replaced water in people's thermos with radioactive tritium as a joke. Procedures mean nothing if not followed.

>Nuclear power for everything
>Giant system of electric trams to transport population
>Utilise remote working for all office jobs

There. I fixed pollution, energy and congestion issues. GG.

Nuclear is extremely expensive and unsafe.

We've had two major accidents, with around 10% electricity from nuclear. That would make it likely to increase tenfold if the production was close to 100%. Experience could help to avoid repeating those disasters in the future, but the extra countermeasures would likely increase the expense even further. I don't think that significant economies of scale can be expected for something so massive. The reactors need to be cooled, which measn they can only be built in sufficiently cool areas, or near water. (powerplants need to be shut down during severe heat waves) The thorium/uranium may have other, more important uses and cannot be recreated through any known plausible means.

Hydro cannot be increased any fruther without major land acquisitions, excluding megalomanic projects, like the Gibraltar dam.

Solar/photovoltaics is currently practical, and will become even more so with better bateries and solar panels. The potential is massive, it cannot be expected we will need more energy in the near future and even if we would, we would have to figure out how to not cook the planet with as waste heat would become a problem at even higher production level.

>We've had two major accidents
Out of?

Nuclear is a meme. It's ridiculously expensive to set up and equally ridiculously long to get up and running (quickest my country has got a station built is 14 years, not even including the arduous amount of time it takes to be approved).

We haven't got enough time, we need to use that money to rapidly invest in solar, wind, hydro and to reduce/conserve our energy requirements and increase efficiency.

> Chernobyl - Communist superpower
> Three Mile Island - Capitalist superpower
> Fukushima - Anime meme land of efficiency
If all three of those systems can fail then it can fail anywhere.

Also fusion is a goal post that moves itself (20 years away guys we promise, I'm an old fag who remembers that being said in the 90s).

Hydro fucks up river systems and their local environment and major rivers get dammed fucking up everything all the way down.

Imagine having to sell this as a hyper-catastrophe to fearmonger people away from actually achievable sustainable energy.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-20 What was the death toll from Chernobyl and Fukushima .png (850x575, 39K)

Get off Jow Forums Homer.

Liquid Fluoride Salt Thorium reactors are safe. Quoting safety concerns about nuclear reactors designed and built in the 1950s-1970s is like quoting automotive casualty statistics from the same era.

If they were serious about their goals they would drop all this “Global Warming” delusion and pick up something real. Like “The Entropic Heat Death of The Universe”. As in “We all need to quit contributing to Heat Death.” Now that is real. Sure the Universe doesn’t give a shit about what we do or don’t do but libtards are too stupid to understand that.

Solar is good for houses and businesses.

This. While I'm not strictly against hydro, it does massive damage to the environment and should only be used at locations where their impact is minimal.
Nuclear all the way though. Germany fucked itself up bad when they decided that nuclear doesn't fit their definition of green energy.
If we'll ever get commercial nuclear fusion to work we might as well stop giving a fuck about energy. Untill we are this far we should definitely invest more in conventional fusion reactions.

You must be too young to remember Jane Fonda’s movie that was released just as Three MIle Island happened. That bit of PR put a stake through the heart of nuclear power for generations.

Out of what? What are you asking about?

We already use Plutoniom batteries to keep satellites working for years. It's only because humans are irresponsible animals and fight all the time that we can't use them.

>The thorium/uranium may have other, more important uses and cannot be recreated through any known plausible means.
You're correct to state that Uranium is very rare and burning it may not be economical or even wise in the long term. But Thorium is very, very plentiful in the earth's crust. Happily, the ore in which thorium is found is also rich in rare-earth minerals, which are very useful in the modern electronics and battery industries. This decreases China's hold on the rare-earth market and lowers prices for consumers. The amount of thorium available to mine is sufficient to cater to the projected energy needs of civilisation for millennia.
>Solar/photovoltaics is currently practical
No, it is not. The sun does not shine at night, and so batteries capable of storing enough energy to feed a nation at night (ultra-capacitors) need to be developed. This does not even answer the question of what happens when a large fraction of solar energy is taken out of the ecosphere. Widespread adoption of solar energy could lead to a ecological disaster without parallel.

based, Warmism and Roundism are the two-pronged liberal approach to undermine our freedoms.

Japan has now problem with solar panel waste products. It's good in short term and in paper but they're easy to break and recycling them is more trouble than making one.

I’m no physicist but AFAIK the problem with Fusion is the containment requires more energy than it produces. So for all this time they have been trying desperately to shave the percentages to claw their way “into the black”. If you scale up a system like that I do beleive the “Heat Pollution” will become a real problem (in spite of what I posted above). At least I do remember my physics professor making this claim in a lecture. His point was that this technology would require a quantum level higher order of heat than any of our current technologies and scaling that up would really be an environment killer.

>nuclear
>build a big ass reactor then it goes on for basically forever with very little maintenance
>"clean" renewable like photovoltaic an eolian
>huge maintenance costs and parts needs to be replaces very often
I really wonder why they are pushing for the renewables and fearmongering on nuclear.
Not like people are making a fuckton of money with selling them while also getting a fuckton of government incentives right.

My physics professor gave us an exam question in which we were asked to calculate the area that would be required to provide the US with “Solar Power” even assuming 100% efficiency at capturing it. The answer was astonishing. Tha area is something like the entire state of Texas at that time which was decades ago. And that is at unrealistic levels of 100%. Obviously the area doubles with 50% which is still optimistic today. IOW, solar power is a delusion.

Little energy is needed at night. It would likely be even less if it wasn't actively promoted. (you can get significant discounts if you have an electric car, as the companies need to get rid of the energy at night)

>The Model T Ford does not meet modern safety requirements, therefore all cars should be banned.
Brainlet.

So are pebble-bead but LFTR has a far more abundant fuel source.

The nice thing about solar is it produces no heat. The bad thing is it is such a puny source of energy it cannot power our society.

>Nuclear and hydro is the only way
agree. It's not perfect (they need Nuclear fuel + dispose is a problem) but with a high population they are essential
)
energycentral.com/c/ec/deaths-nuclear-energy-compared-other-causes

Attached: deathybyenergy.png (768x338, 27K)

The euros are working on correcting the plasma loss issue. Looks like they’re making good progress too

this
dyson sphere when

What is the problem with petroleum? We have 500 years or so of it. Sure it produces heat but not any more than nuclear, probably a bit less. So it produces C02? So what? Plants thrive on it. One would think a party of vegetarians would be all about producing C02.

It also produces sulfur and other toxic Chems.

Although energy demands are lower at night because there is a constant supply that needs to be bled off. If the supply at night dries up entirely and battery storage on that scale is expensive, costly and dangerous. On this system, costs may well be very high.
There are still energy demands that must be met. Water must be pumped to homes, lights must be kept on. In countries blessed with warm weather, air conditioning prevents deaths from heat exhaustion. In countries cursed with cold climates, homes must be heated lest the population die from hypothermia. Heavy industry requires a 24 hr energy supply (for example, molten steel cannot be allowed to cool down overnight, as it would be prohibitively costly to melt it all over again the following day).

There's another way... The power of.... mind ouUUUuuuuu lol

Power plant operator here. There are better options, but not ones that can be implemented on a wide scale. For example, it makes sense to use molten salt towers in places like Death Valley.

So as soon as they can get to 1% in the black they are going to scale it up and start generating massive amounts of heat? I thought they learned their lesson on this with that giant cooling tower in Belgium.

Just offhand I would bet a molten salt solar tower couldn’t power one suburb of LA.

>it produces no heat
Kinda.
Solar panels reflect less heat then most surfaces, so they tend to become really hot, like asphalt.
Of course is not comparable to nuclear, but it's not exactly a negligible aspect.
Solar simply doesn't work because nights, simply as that.
You'd needs a huge battery complex to store energy for all the night hours, and we are not even close to being able to do that.

A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it. Nuclear isn't safe enough, but trying to avoid it has made us even less safe. States like CA have spent huge amounts of tax payer money on things like solar energy to avoid fossil fuels, and yet they end up having to build more fossil fuel power plants energy. Solar is supposed to be clean energy, but the amount of green space you must destroy to build it, plus all of the batteries you must manufacture to actually use it make it just as destructive if not more destructive than clean fossil fuels.

Attached: pic-2-2-197x300.jpg (197x300, 24K)

Not that I know of. I think there’s still a target of efficiency that has to be hit. From what I understand the errant heat from the plasma is the goal. Not dealing with it per se, but improving the plasma coil magnetics to keep the plasma hot and producing the desired electron output. (I could be mistaken here)

But the heat of solar was gonna land here whether you capture it or not. So there is no net gain in heat.

Exactly. At least that is what I learned in physics.

There's a 110 MW tower in Nevada. I doubt that would power all of LA during peak hours, but it could power quite a bit.

Honourable mention to the pebble bed and fair play to the Chinese for building one.
Liquid Flouride Salt Thorium reactors burn nuclear fuel until it is GONE. They would burn current stocks of nuclear waste with no waste products. Its possible that existing stocks of unburned fuel (wrongly called waste) would provide energy for hundreds of years.
If a method of getting electricity for lower costs and less particulate pollution exists, then why not pursue it?

>What is the problem with petroleum
If an accident or an (((accident))) happens, it will cause a massive PR disaster and more people will incline for meme energy sources

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.jpg (750x511, 95K)

>But the heat of solar was gonna land here whether you capture it or not
Uh, no?
You know every surface reflects right.
It's literally light bouncing off surfaces.
Not all surfaces bounce off the same amount.
If you bounce off 10% of the heat you heat way more than if you bounce of 50%, obviously.

I do beleive Fusion has a place. As a propellant for interstellar travel. No containment required.

Put a bunch of libtards in a room and make them watch clown videos while using the sound waves of the REeeEes to rotate turbines.

Have already, and are. JET (Joint European Torus) managed more energy out than in. ITER (currently under construction in France) is designed to be 500MW, for 50MW heating. Won't produce electricity though. Working out how to do that is part of the project.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that water and I will deny it up and down if you tell me there is

Not that I know of. I think there’s still a target of efficiency that has to be hit. From what I understand the errant heat from the plasma is the goal. Not dealing with it per se, but improving the plasma coil magnetics to keep the plasma hot and producing the desired electron output. I could be mistaken here but from what I remember reading the tokamaks needed to deal with cast off heat, but the stellarator projuct required very specific engineering of each turn to trap cast off plasma.

>Solar simply doesn't work because nights, simply as that.
Solar works when you treat it as what it is, which is negative demand, rather than as an energy source. People putting solar panels on their roof is good because it lower the amount of energy the grid needs to produce. Destroying 1000 acres of wilderness to build a bunch of solar panels just to power a small town is bad, because like you said they only work well in the middle of the day when the weather is nice, and outside of those hours you need batteries or other energy sources.

Nuclear waste disposal/storage is still a major problem you brainlet. Stop reading Steven Pinker. And even with a relatively stellar safety record, all it takes is one incident to make an entire region uninhabitable for centuries. More nuke plants, in operation for hundreds of years eventually some will have a disaster happen. It doesn't take much to be a disaster worse than any oil spill. Hurr durr muh nuclear power. So much denial from the nuclear fags. They're like flat earthers who can never explain why they lie about earth being flat. Or anti vaxxers not acknowledging cunts giving birth later and freezing their eggs causing autism. We're fucked either way. I like the idea of nuclear, but it isn't without major flaws that have yet to be adequately solved. Then there's the issue of security. Also the question of whether other countries should have the technology. Fossil fuels pollute massively. Renewables are insufficient to power even medium sized cities. We need to open the gates to hell and harness the heat for our energy needs.

Attached: B6778D15-D038-4676-A147-E495EE613BEF.png (233x216, 6K)

>Solar works when you treat it as what it is, which is negative demand, rather than as an energy source. People putting solar panels on their roof is good because it lower the amount of energy the grid needs to produce.
Oh, true that.
I completely agree.

Central Happenings Network or CHN
Has had his channel of 7.4k subs and 300 plus videos and streams TERMINATED for no reason.
No strikes were given or warnings
>then his backup
Was locked so he cant use it but people still think hes around!!!
They completely deleted him and memory holed him as it used to say he "violated hated speech" when i clicked his channel.
We are in an Age of mega Censorship!! Everyone is at risk!!

>THIS IS HIS NEW CHANNEL!!!!
Chaotic-Good Accelerationism
youtu.be/2mFWtBnF7Uk

Dlive.tv/BellagioSampler

And Twitch BasedBellagio

This is fucking nuts with the red dot going to pink and Assange getting arrested THE DAY AFTER!!!!
youtu.be/rTPrmrHRO7k
>stream from Saturday morning
FUCK YOUTUBE AND JEWGLE

bitchute.com/video/ASB59iiwde8/
>This HONKLER video got flagged for hate speech on his new channel by discord Tranny fags
What is wrong with this video??? Too many red pills.

NEWEST VIDEO!!!
youtu.be/NdnqZTSGJ5M
>!!
ALSO NOTRE DAME!! CHRISTIANITY IS UNDER ATTACK.

>Chernobyl
>A total clusterfuck from the start. Unsafe design, unsafe operation. Also communism where telling your boss about problems may well end you in the gulag.

>Three mile island
>Basically fine. The USA is not a deserted wasteland.

>Fukushima
>Also basically fine. Japan is not a deserted wasteland.

It's ok we'll make robots do it !

Attached: 1554846180173.webm (720x404, 1.81M)

There is a special place in my heart for Bussard's Wiffle-Ball design. It stands a chance of being small enough to place in a vehicle.
nextbigfuture.com/2016/01/jaeyoung-park-confirms-publication-of.html

Chernobyl wasn’t a power plant. It was a nuke research facility that the ruskies decided “ fuck it we need power”.

This. Solar can help especially in places near the equator at the end user level. Put them on houses. It'll help, but it's not viable for powering entire cities from dedicated solar farms. Too expensive for the little energy it produces and space it requires, but good enough to power a home and charge an electric car or 2. The thing that will save the Earth is beautiful clean coal.

Attached: 9978A87C-CC36-41AA-A3A7-3736B34797BB.jpg (670x652, 268K)

Wind energy is pretty decent, if you can get past the massive amount of space needed for it to function. When I was younger I lived pretty close to a wind farm, and from what I can tell it did pretty well for itself and the township.

Have fun sweeping up the dead birds

Heat what? The solar panel or the air? AFAIK there is no way to change the amount of energy in a photon by changing the surface it lands on. Sure, the valence of the electron that captures it determines what wavelengths are available to radiate but the total energy involved stays the same. So I suppose one might even theorize that by turning some of that solar energy into electricity might actually REDUCE the amount of heat generated which, agin, makes solar pretty unique. I do think that is why they use it so much in space. As I understand it the big energy problem in space is how to dump the heat. One would thin that in an environment of near absolute zero dumping heat wouldn’t be an issue but the fact is, if you know physics, you realize that to dump heat you have to have something there to dump the heat to. And in space there is, obviously, nothing there.

Yeah thats up to them to have better regulation on panels. They have been a life saver here in aussie land. I got a 3.5kw system myself.

If a large block of the worst most cancerous stuff imaginable in universe is left over afterwords that can't be resisted or recycled in any way than it's not renewable fuck stick.

The fact is the BP spill was massive and in the intervening years bacteria have cleaned almost all of it up.

You know it's funny how re-introducing bacteria and such into water actually cleans it. Without that vital bacteria the water can never be purified. Beautiful thing circle of life lol

Try living next to one. Having been out to them, and speaking to people that live near them, the noise and the flicker are hell.

Dude.
Try to touch a plant and asphalt in summer at midday.
Are they at the same temperature?

LFTR reactor design would burn existing nuclear waste until it is gone. Its design is walk-away safe and the absolute worst case scenario is that the liquid salts drain into a tank where heat is naturally vented until the salt cools and solidifies. Recovery of this material is easy to do. The lack of pressurised vessels means that no explosions take place, so no plumes of gas or debris will have to be factored into safety designs.
In terms of security, liquid flouride reactors are potentially small enough to be placed in shipping containers, which can be moved in the event of civil unrest. No waste products that can be used in the production of nuclear weapons are generated, so the tech is safe to share.

All your concerns have been solved. Nuclear is the way.

As I understand it the story is coming out that Chernobyl happened because the Russians were doing something retarded with that “Woodpecker” thing they were playing with.

Removing energy from wind will have effects downstream. The ecosystem requires wind and air currents to function. You can't rob the atmosphere of all that energy and not expect something major to break.

Bacteria are fucking awesome.
We need to engineer some to decompose the plastic in the oceans.

We have the tech to burn all nuclear waste cleanly. It is not a problem.

The problem with nuke energy is that it still costs an exorbitant amount of fossil fuels in order to begin fission process. Extraction, refinement, etc. It presents a moderately high risk as well.

The real problem is that nothing quite does it like fossil fuels. Everything falls short of being both (relatively) efficient and energy dense.

One thing that plant is doing is creating energy. The asphalt isn’t. Sure, it is a paltry difference and in no way responsible for the perceived difference but I am sure even you would admit the amount of energy in the photons landing on each is the same.

>the photons landing on each is the same.
but the % of photon absorbed is NOT the same.

Solar is good as a supplimental energy source, its decentralised and takes power away from the big energy jews
The more people invest in it the better the tech will get too, maybe one day everyone could be producing their own energy

Be careful. The military tried to produce a bio weapon you could spray on the enemy and it would eat all their petroleum products. They couldn’t weaponized it because it finally occurred to them there was no way to use such a weapon without contaminating their own supply.

I has been a while since I looked into it but from what I can remember the plant manager was some commie bigwig who needed big results for his commie bosses, so he ordered that the plant be cranked up to high power untested against all advice, which lead through a design flaw in it to a steam explosion inside the core.

Or something along those lines anyway.

I'd be completely fine in giving up plastic entirely.
Let's go paper and glass, microplastics will kill us all.

Because fission is the process of energy extraction from Thorium, the energy required to mine, refine and burn it is dwarfed by the output. Cost efficiency of thorium fuel versus coal is a ridiculous argument.

Attached: file.png (508x400, 63K)