Is shallow indifference the optimal way to present yourself to others...

Is shallow indifference the optimal way to present yourself to others? For example irony makes you look funny and cool because you're relaxed. What do people care about other than that and entertaining them. I haven't had friends in a long time and need a way to make some.

Attached: 1551348553273.png (5000x4863, 861K)

Please tell us more about yourself in general
So that we can be more specific on "aproaching strangers i want to befriend"

Also, most of the times its courage

you might think coming off like you don't care makes you cool, but over a certain age it just makes you look boring and possibly unstable. People like people with passion.

>So that we can be more specific on "aproaching strangers i want to befriend"
What do you mean more specific? I have no friends and I want some.

Sarcastic jokes are funny to everyone that understands them.

That's more or less what I do OP you'll have to figure out the best way to cement the friendships though cause I've never been good at that. People seem to like talking to me well enough I just suck at moving that forward

>you'll have to figure out the best way to cement the friendships
Is this the essence of the black pill?

Whats your age
Do you work
Why do you feel like you have no friends
How do you describe yourself
Etc

I thought the blackpill was something to do with women
In any case invite em out for drinks or something I guess, or something else they might like

just be positive, nice, genuine, don't care about any outcome, and it will all fall into place. the "shallow indifference" you are going on about rings hollow if you are old enough, and like the other user said, makes you look boring. people like people who are passionate about things. it kinda comes across like you want to make friends without any risk of alienating people. spoiler: it doesn't work like that, you alienate nobody but you befriend nobody else either.
sarcasm gets pretty shallow as you get older, especially with people you don't know as well.

>cement the friendships
Is this not the same for everyone? This has been a problem for billions of people.

It's about socializing and the brutality of other people's harsh judgement.

>don't care about any outcome
Isn't only God capable of that? How am I supposed to love everyone perfectly?

>older people
Who cares about them?

>Isn't only God capable of that? How am I supposed to love everyone perfectly?
i have no idea what you are on about, i meant the opposite. i meant interact with people without caring about the outcome like making friends, getting a date, and so on. just enjoy the moment, and things grow from there. it sounds counter-intuitive but that is the way it works.
>Who cares about them?
you'll be old one day. the thing about being old and having crappy annoying habits like that is it gets you alienated and alone extremely fast. so smarten up and become the kind of person people want to be around. sarcastic and passionless people are a dime a dozen.

No its not, you can tell some kid just to go say " be my friend" and someone who works to go steady on it so that it doesnt interfere with his work
And if someone with severe depression asks the first thing they have to do is get a psychologist. Cause depression is a bit contagious and needs proper guidance for telling others

God has had a looooot of time to practice
2 you dont have to be a deity to be positive and nice

>interact with people without caring about the outcome
Christ is the only person that's ever done that.

>just enjoy the moment, and things grow from there. it sounds counter-intuitive but that is the way it works.
Fuck that.

>you alienated and alone extremely fast
My whole life.

>smarten up and become the kind of person people want to be around
Right, what does this entail?

>interfere with his work
I like what you're saying.

So that's it? Positive and nice? Pretty be yourself-tier.

>Christ is the only person that's ever done that.
everybody does it every single day, it ain't hard
>Right, what does this entail?
already told you. it sounds like you want things to change without changing yourself.

>everybody does it every single day, it ain't hard
No, you're wrong. We're always invested in anything we do.

>it sounds like you want things to change without changing yourself.
Change myself to what?

>No, you're wrong. We're always invested in anything we do.
no we're not. do you care what the cashier thinks of you when you are at the grocery store? how about all us anons on Jow Forums?
>Change myself to what?
change yourself into the person that gets the social outcomes you clearly want to get. the consistent factor is you, and you sound like you want change without changing yourself

>do you care what the cashier thinks of you when you are at the grocery store
Yeah, I wouldn't want to do anything that might embarrass me.

>change yourself into the person that gets the social outcomes you clearly want to get
So I'm supposed to get this and not care about it at the same time. Got it.

>the consistent factor is you
Right, be myself.

>like you want change
Only change that what I want. Not something shitty and especially not boring or materially worse than my current circumstances.

>Is shallow indifference the optimal way to present yourself to others?
Be yourself sometimes more and sometimes less.

Okay, now we're getting somewhere.

>Yeah, I wouldn't want to do anything that might embarrass me.
this is the issue then, stop giving a shit what people think. even if you embarrassed yourself for whatever reason, i guarantee they'll have forgotten about you in a under a minute after you leave. it is lunacy to hold yourself back on account of what people MIGHT think. not actually think btw, what they MIGHT think.
>So I'm supposed to get this and not care about it at the same time. Got it.
i did say it was counter-intuitive
>Right, be myself.
that's right, you haven't been yourself.
>Only change that what I want. Not something shitty and especially not boring or materially worse than my current circumstances.
well yeah, but its not like it is all roses and sunshine until that point lol. changing yourself on a fundamental level is hard work, the road is bumpy

>this is the issue then
No, the issue is I don't have friends.